You KNOW there's going to be at least one

stevestojan

We have pulled more tricks than BF at a SF gentleman's club. I think this week will be no different.

The thing I like about the trick plays this year is that they have worked. I know that sounds dumb, but if they hadn't we would be all over Mularky's ass. But they have. Finally the ball has bounced our way. Except for last week's fake punt, we've been almost dead on.

I'm wondering if a called fake punt will be on the books this week?

I think the fake punt really shows yet again our lack in faith in Lindell. Hear me out. In a situation where some teams would try a 45-50+, we decide to either punt or fake punt.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a flea flicker (again), or a half back option. Anything it takes to win - so long as it works.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we win the opening coin toss....i would like to see them pull off an onsides kick for the opening kickoff. (i have never seen it done before.)

the funny thing is,...I think this year when the Bills did it to open the second half, it might have been the first time i had ever seen a team do it to open a second half.

We have pulled more tricks than BF at a SF gentleman's club. I think this week will be no different.

The thing I like about the trick plays this year is that they have worked. I know that sounds dumb, but if they hadn't we would be all over Mularky's ass. But they have. Finally the ball has bounced our way. Except for last week's fake punt, we've been almost dead on. 

I'm wondering if a called fake punt will be on the books this week?

I think the fake punt really shows yet again our lack in faith in Lindell. Hear me out. In a situation where some teams would try a 45-50+, we decide to either punt or fake punt. 

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a flea flicker (again), or a half back option. Anything it takes to win - so long as it works.

184343[/snapback]

I predict that in the second or third quarters we'll see a reverse or some variation thereof (like that fake end-around reverse screen pass abomination of a play.)

I wish they would just burn that play already. I !@#$ing hate it. That stupid play has the least glockenspeil of any play I've ever seen. Its only saving grace is that sometimes the coaching staff runs it early and gets it out of their system...

if we win the opening coin toss....i would like to see them pull off an onsides kick for the opening kickoff.    (i have never seen it done before.)

the funny thing is,...I think this year when the Bills did it to open the second half, it might have been the first time i had ever seen a team do it to open a second half.

184349[/snapback]

I may not be positive of this, but I thought the same week we had the on side kick, another team opened the game with an onside kick. I may be wrong though.

I predict that in the second or third quarters we'll see a reverse or some variation thereof (like that fake end-around reverse screen pass abomination of a play.)

I wish they would just burn that play already.  I !@#$ing hate it.  That stupid play has the least glockenspeil of any play I've ever seen.  Its only saving grace is that sometimes the coaching staff runs it early and gets it out of their system...

184374[/snapback]

Oh that play is so painful... it has worked exactly zero times. But they try it, every damn game...

The thing I like about the trick plays this year is that they have worked.

184343[/snapback]

Good grief. Has a six-game winning streak completely removed all memory of the frustrating failed trick plays we tried early in the season?

if we win the opening coin toss....i would like to see them pull off an onsides kick for the opening kickoff.    (i have never seen it done before.)

184349[/snapback]

Actually, GW did it last year and it worked.

I think the trick play still to come is Freddie Smith thrown on a reverse. He has also lined up in the backfield. So, give him a carry or two to set up the half back option from him.

And in two years, Smith throwing to JP.

Here's mine.

T. McGee lines up at a wr spot for a reverse.

184356[/snapback]

I love that idea. With his quickness he makes perfect sense. It worked with Evans who's the fastest guy on the team but McGee is shifty and might increase chances for a long gainer.