You KNOW there's going to be at least one

stevestojan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have pulled more tricks than BF at a SF gentleman's club. I think this week will be no different.

The thing I like about the trick plays this year is that they have worked. I know that sounds dumb, but if they hadn't we would be all over Mularky's ass. But they have. Finally the ball has bounced our way. Except for last week's fake punt, we've been almost dead on. 

I'm wondering if a called fake punt will be on the books this week?

I think the fake punt really shows yet again our lack in faith in Lindell. Hear me out. In a situation where some teams would try a 45-50+, we decide to either punt or fake punt. 

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see a flea flicker (again), or a half back option. Anything it takes to win - so long as it works.

184343[/snapback]

How about the wide receiver pass? I have heard it is being practiced. Also dont be suprised if we kickoff to start the game look for an onsides kick!

How about the wide receiver pass?  I have heard it is being practiced.  Also dont be suprised if we kickoff to start the game look for an onsides kick!

184796[/snapback]

Man, I hate that thought (on-sides). If it doesn't work, why give Pittsburgh field position? They watch film too. Buffalo has the best coverage in the damn NFL. Put them back around the 15-20 and make them work for it.

I predict that in the second or third quarters we'll see a reverse or some variation thereof (like that fake end-around reverse screen pass abomination of a play.)

I wish they would just burn that play already.  I !@#$ing hate it.  That stupid play has the least glockenspeil of any play I've ever seen.  Its only saving grace is that sometimes the coaching staff runs it early and gets it out of their system...

184374[/snapback]

I agree...the play pretty much sucks and never works. Kinda like the direct-snap play to Moulds or Evans or McGahee. However, it makes the other team have to be ready for it. Part of the whole game plan - the defense KNOWS a trick play will be coming, but just not when.

I'd like to see them do something they haven't done. Maybe a hook-and-lateral or something. Of course, I'd rather not see it unless they were ahead by a couple TDs...

Man, I hate that thought (on-sides). If it doesn't work, why give Pittsburgh field position? They watch film too. Buffalo has the best coverage in the damn NFL. Put them back around the 15-20 and make them work for it.

184798[/snapback]

The past two times I've seen the Bills run a "trick" onsides kick, though, it's been against teams who's kick coverage starts running back with the kicker as he approaches the ball...leaving a good 15-20 yard cushion in which to recover the onsides kick. If the Pittsburgh coverage makes the same mistake...then absolutely run an unexpected onsides kick at some point.

The play I have been waiting to see is one that I saw them run at least a half a dozen times in training camp this year. But they cannot do it unless JP is the No.2 QB.

The play goes:

JP under center (or in shotgun), trips on one side of the field with Drew lined up in that bunch of WRs. JP throws (laterals) to Drew who then throws it deep to Evans (or Moulds) who's running a fly.

They had a varriation of the play as well where Drew was QB and JP was split wide, but instead of throwing it he ran and pitchted it back to Evans (kinda like a hook and ladder).

It was wild stuff. And I think we would have seen it this year had JP not gone down in training camp.