Peter King

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a great draft right now..but remember the Bills won only six games last year. In the final analysis its about wining football games. Its time to put up significant wins or get out. Everybody has a great draft now...tell me about it in December.

They would probably disagree with you in New Orleans and Oakland.

Anyway, your comments lately crack me up. Do you think anyone believes things will be fine and dandy if this team doesn't legitimately compete for a playoff spot?

Some folks just live to tamp down enthusiasm.

Lol these are all awesome!! And I don't know if there was ever an explanation, but it is still awesome to watch.

That's what the coach told the linemen to do. Anytime there is a false start/offside play they were told to stay still. He listened and took it to the extremes in this ridiculous play. The coach needed to remind him to defend the QB at all times as well. Simple adjustment. I hope.

I've never figured out why they do it, but college Olines are often coached to not move if there's a defensive offsides. Someone told me once that it helps draw attention to the offsides, not sure if that's the real reason. Either way, I've never understood it and think it's pretty stupid. But watch a day of college football and you'll see it, though that's the first time I've ever seen just one guy do it.

Apparently he thought it was offsides. While the rest of the line didn't freeze, I'd guess most of them thought so too by the way the defense just ran by them all. Without being on the field it's tough to say what really happened, but as ridiculous as he looks, I THINK what really happened is he was the most disciplined of the bunch and froze like he was coached to do.

After watching the play again, I have to say it was just a big mistake by Zebrie. Not sure what he thought he saw, but there was no offsides and the line didn't think so either, they just got beat real bad. Anyways, that's the stupidity of the design.

It was a mistake by Zebrie, but yes, the FSU OL is coached to not move when the D jumps offsides. I can think of dozens of times where this happens and not a single soul along the line moves. That's why Zebrie didn't move.

What's that make the fans!?

The guy on the side with the video saying "just breathe honey" (or what I liked to say in the delivery room - thousands of women give birth every day...relax)

The placenta?

Now THAT's disturbing. Nicely played.

youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI :oops:

I was at this game and will always remember Sanders for that play. But I hope he does great things here in Buffalo, and quickly changes my memory of him!! :thumbsup:

I remember seeing an Eagles lineman Artis Hicks do that, probably a Monday night game. Unforgettable.

I love the Zebrie Sanders pick, though.

I don't think there was a defensive penalty on the Artis Hicks play, though.

Edited by Dennis in AZ

youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI :oops:

I was at this game and will always remember Sanders for that play. But I hope he does great things here in Buffalo, and quickly changes my memory of him!! :thumbsup:

That was soooooo FUNNY

Take any team, then take away half their starters, and see what you have? At least Buddy knows we need depth, which this draft hopefully provides.

PTR

If the team stays relatively healthy and records double digit wins you can say, I told you so!

But if they win only six (or fewer) games while relatively healthy what will be the spin then?

If the team stays relatively healthy and records double digit wins you can say, I told you so!

But if they win only six (or fewer) games while relatively healthy what will be the spin then?

Most likely need different players, or more so, different coaches.

But this is about Buddy, the GM, and the team he is building on paper. Which is all GMs can do, build the best team possible on paper.

Can you honestly say that Buddy ISNT putting together a great list of names? Can you say he ISNT spending in Free Agency? He ISNT bringing in talent?

All Buddy can do is bring in guys, and work to change the culture. It's on the players to actually execute and perform. From all the moves Ive seen, Buddy is holding up his end of the bargain.