I thought we were going to get a big WR...

Toshiero

That isn't covered even when he is. I mean that is what Nix said we were going to go after in the offseason right? Instead we draft a midget in the 3rd round with a 7th round grade. Didn't we have a guy like that in Parrish we let walk?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That isn't covered even when he is. I mean that is what Nix said we were going to go after in the offseason right? Instead we draft a midget in the 3rd round with a 7th round grade. Didn't we have a guy like that in Parrish we let walk?

That a darn good question mister. Isn't covered when he is. not sure we got that yet.

The fellow we drafted is no midget and is durable. I am not sure why folks are slotting him as a slot receiever when buddy said he can play outside and go get the ball. He is a burner and may be closer to Lee Evans mould. The Roscoe Parrish comparisons are unfair to both players

Edited by 3rdand12

Look, Brian Quick was the guy we liked. The guy we wanted. The big, physical receiver who's open even when he isn't. Besides Blackmon, he's the only guy we brought in at WR. I wanted us to draft him really bad. Most projected him at the bottom of the 2nd, top of the 3rd. I had heard the Bills were hoping to draft him in the 3rd.

Brian Quick was the #1 Pick in the 2nd Round.

He didn't even make it to our 2nd Pick, let alone 3rd. So at that point, with the run on receivers, we needed a guy that would at least spread the field. T.J. Graham is a track runner and a guy that McShay said was "quickly climbing draft boards" and a guy that urged him to say "You're gonna love this guy Boomer!". By all accounts, he's an underrated prospect who the Bills timed faster than Lee Evans coming out of college.

We had to address LT by Round 2 at the latest. By the end of Round 2, no WR on the board was without flaws. We grabbed the guy that best fit what we needed at that position. And, honestly, even if this pick was a reach (which I don't), we had MANY picks with ridiculous value.

Not many were talking about Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace on draft day either. They worked out pretty well.

We did...he name is Marcus Easley and he will be our #2 WR week 1 mark my words. He has a 2 year head start on any rookie we could have brought in too in terms of NFL knowledge and knowing our offense.

Staff and teammates said he was a beast in workouts and preseason last year...I really think the FO thinks more of this kid than many people think which is why it was not essential to grab one in this draft. I am sure if there was one they liked more than whoever else they picked they would have grabbed one, but they were not going to stray from their board to do so as I believe they like Easley a lot more than people think.

We did...he name is Marcus Easley and he will be our #2 WR week 1 mark my words. He has a 2 year head start on any rookie we could have brought in too in terms of NFL knowledge and knowing our offense.

Staff and teammates said he was a beast in workouts and preseason last year...I really think the FO thinks more of this kid than many people think which is why it was not essential to grab one in this draft. I am sure if there was one they liked more than whoever else they picked they would have grabbed one, but they were not going to stray from their board to do so as I believe they like Easley a lot more than people think.

His name is 'I can't get my ass on the field in 2 years'. sorry we can't count on the guy at all.

Look, Brian Quick was the guy we liked. The guy we wanted. The big, physical receiver who's open even when he isn't. Besides Blackmon, he's the only guy we brought in at WR. I wanted us to draft him really bad. Most projected him at the bottom of the 2nd, top of the 3rd. I had heard the Bills were hoping to draft him in the 3rd.

He didn't even make it to our 2nd Pick, let alone 3rd. So at that point, with the run on receivers, we needed a guy that would at least spread the field. T.J. Graham is a track runner and a guy that McShay said was "quickly climbing draft boards" and a guy that urged him to say "You're gonna love this guy Boomer!". By all accounts, he's an underrated prospect who the Bills timed faster than Lee Evans coming out of college.

We had to address LT by Round 2 at the latest. By the end of Round 2, no WR on the board was without flaws. We grabbed the guy that best fit what we needed at that position. And, honestly, even if this pick was a reach (which I don't), we had MANY picks with ridiculous value.

Not many were talking about Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace on draft day either. They worked out pretty well.

And we addressed LT with the next Mike Williams. Big, fat, slow and was the only guy invited to the combine NOT to come back on the 2nd day and wait till he was picked (NFLN And ESPN both said this when he was picked). So we drafted another Mike Williams.

Buddy said we were going to get a tall, big, fast WR. Now considering 5'11" isn't 'tall' for a WR when talking about 'Tall' WR's I would say 6'2" +

He wanted a big fast WR to play on the outside. After Quick, there really wasn't a good one available in the third. Fast was much more important than big. We already have a big not so fast good WR in Nelson. We don't need a slot guy we need an outside guy and they drafted one. Hopefully Easley pans out. The speed and ability to stretch the defense is what is needed. We will see if Graham can do that.

You bring up good points but why are you sending so much good energy on this troll?

Gailey is the person who really wanted WR T.J. Graham...Here is why, as he stated...He needed another guy like Parish... Someone really fast who could open the field... Who would make defenders cover him when he went deep, to let the Bills other receivers have a better opportunity to get open... Graham is as fast as a bullet... He will be a dynamite kick and punt returner... Graham has a body of proof to show for it... Would it have been better to get a taller receiver in the 3rd round?... it is not what Gailey wanted to help his spread offense... I think he knows best and better than you and me...

I actually didnt get the sense they would work this kid in as a returner.......I think they want him to strictly work as a speed outside receiver.

I picture him as a guy in those 4 WR sets that gets sent deep to run the coverage deep.....then throw underneath or run underneath it a lot.

Im not saying TJ will be a decoy....but his work will probably come off play action deep throws.....and you can do this with him more so then Evans because Evans was a 1st rounder and expected to do more and cost more then a 3rd rounder.

He will probably also get the occasional screen pass.....just things that open him up in space (like Parrish in this instance)

I actually didnt get the sense they would work this kid in as a returner.......I think they want him to strictly work as a speed outside receiver.

I picture him as a guy in those 4 WR sets that gets sent deep to run the coverage deep.....then throw underneath or run underneath it a lot.

Im not saying TJ will be a decoy....but his work will probably come off play action deep throws.....and you can do this with him more so then Evans because Evans was a 1st rounder and expected to do more and cost more then a 3rd rounder.

He will probably also get the occasional screen pass.....just things that open him up in space (like Parrish in this instance)

Sending him deep is useless as Fitz can't throw deep accurately

more likely is he gets a ton of bubble screens and short passes that he can make something happen after the catch

I agree. I'm sick and tired of Nix always letting us down. Is it too much to ask for a GM who will follow through on everything he says? Especially with all of Bills nation under the constant threat of the team moving to L.A. at any minute, the last thing we need is some guy who is only 98.2% able to do his job. I'm writing a letter.

His name is 'I can't get my ass on the field in 2 years'. sorry we can't count on the guy at all.

My guess is you don't have any idea why. You act like he was injury prone. He was fully healthy last year physically, it was a never before discovered heart ailment that he needed treatment for that will no longer be an issue going for him going forward.

By they way, I hate this point because you guys are whining about a guy who "hasn't seen the field in 2 years" yet are complaining we didnt draft a project WR who has never been in the NFL nor shown anything at the next level. Marcus HAS played in the last 2 years...he has been through 2 camps, he has played in the preseason, he has learned our system for 2 years, he has a massive advantage over any rookie project WR.

Not to mention, he is physically everything this team needs and showed a lot of promise in preseason and camp last year. So the "hasn't played in 2 years" comments are actually inaccurate.

You bring up good points but why are you sending so much good energy on this troll?

I love how I am a troll because I don't drink the Kool Aid and question the picks. I mean being a lemming and just blinding backing every pick the Bills have made in hopes they change things has really worked for the last 12 years.