I thought we were going to get a big WR...

Toshiero

That isn't covered even when he is. I mean that is what Nix said we were going to go after in the offseason right? Instead we draft a midget in the 3rd round with a 7th round grade. Didn't we have a guy like that in Parrish we let walk?

We have a couple of Big receivers....we need a good receiver.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how I am a troll because I don't drink the Kool Aid and question the picks. I mean being a lemming and just blinding backing every pick the Bills have made in hopes they change things has really worked for the last 12 years.

No, you're a troll because you B word about everything, and then 10+ different posters refute your trollish nonsense and you do not respond to them except with even more trollish things to say like "'I can't get my ass on the field in 2 years" and "why am I a troll when we suck, waaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

Good thing David nelson is 6 5

He's not speed guy, though. More of a down the seam TE-lite....

I actually didnt get the sense they would work this kid in as a returner.......I think they want him to strictly work as a speed outside receiver.

Yeah, that's the plan, so they don't overload him with responsibilites at the get go.

Still, he looks like real kickoff threat and I hope he can get reps there later in the season, if all goes well...

Look, Brian Quick was the guy we liked. The guy we wanted. The big, physical receiver who's open even when he isn't. Besides Blackmon, he's the only guy we brought in at WR. I wanted us to draft him really bad. Most projected him at the bottom of the 2nd, top of the 3rd. I had heard the Bills were hoping to draft him in the 3rd.

Brian Quick was the #1 Pick in the 2nd Round.

He didn't even make it to our 2nd Pick, let alone 3rd. So at that point, with the run on receivers, we needed a guy that would at least spread the field. T.J. Graham is a track runner and a guy that McShay said was "quickly climbing draft boards" and a guy that urged him to say "You're gonna love this guy Boomer!". By all accounts, he's an underrated prospect who the Bills timed faster than Lee Evans coming out of college.

We had to address LT by Round 2 at the latest. By the end of Round 2, no WR on the board was without flaws. We grabbed the guy that best fit what we needed at that position. And, honestly, even if this pick was a reach (which I don't), we had MANY picks with ridiculous value.

Not many were talking about Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace on draft day either. They worked out pretty well.

Your analysis of the situation is 100% spot on. It was a very good pick.

Since when is 5'11" considered a midget for a WR?

I find that interesting also, esp. since the average CB height is prob around 5'10 5'11. And if this guy can jump, he can get the ball from CB's who are his height or taller. Looks like he has great speed, body control, and hands. I just don't know if Fitz can throw the ball far enough. I think it's a great pickup.

That isn't covered even when he is. I mean that is what Nix said we were going to go after in the offseason right? Instead we draft a midget in the 3rd round with a 7th round grade. Didn't we have a guy like that in Parrish we let walk?

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

I thought you were going to bit#$ and moan no matter what happened so as a group we are 1 for 2 with our predictions.

I find that interesting also, esp. since the average CB height is prob around 5'10 5'11.

I found it amusing because Graham is 5' 11" and change, and 188 pounds and is a midget. But our #1 pick is considered a big strong corner, the guy who would be covering Graham, and Gilmore is 6' 190.

I agree. I'm sick and tired of Nix always letting us down. Is it too much to ask for a GM who will follow through on everything he says? Especially with all of Bills nation under the constant threat of the team moving to L.A. at any minute, the last thing we need is some guy who is only 98.2% able to do his job. I'm writing a letter.

Best response in this thread. Second best response is to put the OP on ignore. Woot.

And we addressed LT with the next Mike Williams. Big, fat, slow and was the only guy invited to the combine NOT to come back on the 2nd day and wait till he was picked (NFLN And ESPN both said this when he was picked). So we drafted another Mike Williams.

Were you trying to say "draft"???

Are you literally drinking while typing this, or did you put your malt liquor down long enough to rant for a while?

This would sort of help explain how you are comparing the 5'11" Graham with the 5'8" Parrish.

No - we didn't get the top big WR - fair point - as others have pointed out, the right guy wasn't available.

If Easely can't go, we're "stuck" with Stevie 6'2", Nelson 6'5", and Chandler 6'7" for our midget set of end zone targets.

Edited by BobChalmers

I agree. I'm sick and tired of Nix always letting us down. Is it too much to ask for a GM who will follow through on everything he says? Especially with all of Bills nation under the constant threat of the team moving to L.A. at any minute, the last thing we need is some guy who is only 98.2% able to do his job. I'm writing a letter.

Writing a letter is a decent idea but why not do a web show expose?

Writing a letter is a decent idea but why not do a web show expose?

Thought about that...Toshizero wanted way too much for his appearance fee.

No, you're a troll because you B word about everything, and then 10+ different posters refute your trollish nonsense and you do not respond to them except with even more trollish things to say like "'I can't get my ass on the field in 2 years" and "why am I a troll when we suck, waaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

No you girls call me a troll because I won't drink the kool aid and never will. When this team actually produces again then fine. So far we are still at team drafting in the top 10 till something changes and I wasn't that thrilled with this draft.

I could be completely wrong about the draft and I pray that I am, I am sick of this team sucking, but I don't have to agree with the decisions Buddy or anyone else makes. That is a Fan and every Americans right.

can you give Easley and Donald Jones another season before we call them failures? If they both stay healthy and don't produce then at least we know what they can do. It takes time for most nfl players to develop physically and mentally, i.e. Stevie Johnson. Why trade for a new player when you have multiple unknown wr's on the team.

I think it's arrogant as an outsider to think that our coaching staff has less knowledge about this teams deficiencies than us at TBD.

6-0 is not a midget. I am 6-0 (and a quarter inch), and I am not a midget.