Just watched the Gruden QB with Russell Wilson. Sold.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be a 1st or 2nd rounder if he was 5 inches taller. The guy can ball, but he is going to be a long shot to become a starter in the NFL. Not too many 5'10" guys make the cut at QB. Take him in the 6th. Worth a risk at that point.

if we are taking a mid to late round QB, I'll go with Kellen Moore.

I just love this kid's attitude, passion and drive.

You cannot argue with his record either. At worst, he's a great backup QB

Wilson seems to have that passion and drive as well, and better physical tools. Sure Moore has a great winning record but Boise St. never exactly plays a difficult schedule. Usually one decent opponent a year and the rest is a joke.

Kellen Moore doesn't have nearly the athletic talent Russell Wilson has. He's taller though, so there's that.

I like Wilson a lot too from what I've seen of him. Super bright and athletic... Utilizes throwing lanes extremely well for his height.

If you take a close look at most of his highlights, most of his great / big plays come when he's rolling outside of the pocket. The reason for this (I think) is because he then doesn't have 6'6" linemen blocking his line of sight and passing lanes due to his height. IMO, this could be a problem in the NFL, where defenses would key in on the fact that he's only really able to throw out of the pocket. Granted, this is from a very limited sample - it's hard to really scout a guy by looking at highlights.

With that said, I'd definitely take a flyer on him in the 4th.

Edited by Mr. ChumChums

Noodle arm. That's why Wilson is the better prospect.

AT 5'10", he would be the second coming of Flutie...I don't want to go through that again, where the good teams knock the ball down at the line of scrimage on many passes.

Flutie>Fitzpatrick x10 Flutie won games.....I would take Flutie back in a nanosecond over the bumski's we have now.

At worst he will never make an NFL roster. I don't think he will be drafted, so if you really want him on the Bills they might be able to get him as an UDFA.

AT 5'10", he would be the second coming of Flutie...I don't want to go through that again, where the good teams knock the ball down at the line of scrimage on many passes.

I do not have a problem with Fitz. I like him and think we can win with him. But Flutie won, plain and simple. Wilson would be a GREAT pick in the 4th, but I do not think he will still be on the board by then.

Edited by scribo

Flutie>Fitzpatrick x10 Flutie won games.....I would take Flutie back in a nanosecond over the bumski's we have now.

Flutie didn't win games. The defense in those days won games. Look at Flutie's stats. Look how many points the offense produced. We were winning defensive battles.

Though, I concede, there was something about "Flutie Magic" at the end of close games. Flutie often sucked for 3 Quarters, then played like he was possessed in the 4th.