Wannstedt = Difference-maker!!

Gailey to Wannstedt in the off-season: "You've been around the NFL a long time, so what's it going to take to get us into the playoffs in 2012"??

Wannstedt: "Two things. A four man front that can not only pressure the QB, but also get sacks and cause turnovers all by itself AND an experienced Defensive Coordinator who can run the 4-3 to perfection".

Gailey: "You're the closest thing to filling the second item. Would you consider the Bills' DC gig"??

Wannstedt: "Only if you'll allow me to do things my way. And that means going out and getting not one but two pass rushing DEs" to team with Kyle and Marcel".

Gailey: "Let's get it done"!!

Gailey to Wannstedt in the off-season: "You've been around the NFL a long time, so what's it going to take to get us into the playoffs in 2012"??

Wannstedt: "Two things. A four man front that can not only pressure the QB, but also get sacks and cause turnovers all by itself AND an experienced Defensive Coordinator who can run the 4-3 to perfection".

Gailey: "You're the closest thing to filling the second item. Would you consider the Bills' DC gig"??

Wannstedt: "Only if you'll allow me to do things my way. And that means going out and getting not one but two pass rushing DEs" to team with Kyle and Marcel".

Did you practice this routine with your chan and wann sock puppets?

I will go on record as saying Wannstedt is highly overrated. Jimmy Johnson made him a success and he has been mediocre at best since then at all of his subsequent stops. The switch away from a 3-4 for which it would have taken two more drafts to get the right personnel is the key. And I'm pretty sure your average arm-chair QB can tell you if you can create turnovers with a 4 man pass rush playing defense is relativley easy.

The point is that it took someone with the know how and experience of a Wannstedt to bring a simplified approach to the Bills that he knows will work.

Last year, the Bills didn't know what alignment they were playing on defense. They played a lot of everything and that just doesn't work because too many guys are thinking about their assignments rather than just reacting to what's in front of them.

Wannstedt has greatly simplified things by going to the 4-3 and basically asking his front four to pressure the QB and occupany blockers for the linebackers. But that alone wasn't enough. He still had to have Gailey have enough confidence in him to make the move back to the 4-3 and believe in Wanny enough to ask the front office to spend $100M plus on two guys who can rush the passer from the DE position.

Wannstedt may not be a HOF coach, but he's respected by the players and he's been around the NFL long enough to know what works and what doesn't. He understands the importance of keeping things simple so that players can use their God-given ability to its fullest.

We don't need a HOF coach to make it to the playoffs and actually win the Super Bowl. But we do need coaches who have a wealth of NFL experience and know how to be able to put players in the best possible situations to succeed.

I think the Bills have that now with both Gailey and Wanny.

I will go on record as saying Wannstedt is highly overrated. Jimmy Johnson made him a success and he has been mediocre at best since then at all of his subsequent stops. The switch away from a 3-4 for which it would have taken two more drafts to get the right personnel is the key. And I'm pretty sure your average arm-chair QB can tell you if you can create turnovers with a 4 man pass rush playing defense is relativley easy.

There will always be the negative Nancy or as I like to now call them the dadonkadonks of happy places...

Should have had that conversation head-coach to asst. head-coach a year earlier.

I'm guessing he has other uses for his socks.

Id hope he washes them between acts.

I wounder if he using an very old sock for RW lol

My best guess would be a dress sock for Ralph, stripers for Wann, and a sock that somehow incorporates a vest for Chan.