Dream Scenario...FIrst four rounds

SRivRoc

1: Luke Kuechly LB Boston College, i think the guy can play any linebacking position and does pretty well in coverage which we need against new england...our linebacker corp is probs the most questionable part of our defense so suring it up early with a stud should help....Nix and Whaley really seem to like him, hope hes there

2: Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama, i think he is one of the true lockkdown corners in this draft...the guy was a stud at Florda but and idiot...so i think he may fall to us in the second, he has cleaned his act up a on since the reality chec on having to play D2 his last year and i think would be a steal and a future staple in our defense

3: Brian Qucik WR Appalacian State, the kid is big, storng and fast...all things Buddy is looking for, he also said that there is good WR depth in rounds 3 and 4 and i see Quick being there...i se him coming in this year and being the second reciever, challenging Stevie acouple of years down the road

4a: Matt McCants OT University of Alabama-Birmingham, he moves well, good footwork and strength and from what ive seen can swing and play both side of the line, Nix flat out said we need OT depth but i dont believe he will reach for a player at 10 because he truly believes that there is depth in the later rounds and thta the Bills can develope that depth

4b: Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin, say what you want, yeah hes too short but the guy can flat out play, he has a beautiful arm and pinpoint accuracy with a set of hidden wheels...he doesnt need to be our starter but we need an upgrade to Thigpen and some competition for Fitzy so thats hes always on his game...maybe acouple years down the road #16 will be leading the Bills...who knows???

Let me know your feedback and how you think it could improve or worsen the team

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

1: Luke Kuechly LB Boston College, i think the guy can play any linebacking position and does pretty well in coverage which we need against new england...our linebacker corp is probs the most questionable part of our defense so suring it up early with a stud should help....Nix and Whaley really seem to like him, hope hes there

2: Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama, i think he is one of the true lockkdown corners in this draft...the guy was a stud at Florda but and idiot...so i think he may fall to us in the second, he has cleaned his act up a on since the reality chec on having to play D2 his last year and i think would be a steal and a future staple in our defense

3: Brian Qucik WR Appalacian State, the kid is big, storng and fast...all things Buddy is looking for, he also said that there is good WR depth in rounds 3 and 4 and i see Quick being there...i se him coming in this year and being the second reciever, challenging Stevie acouple of years down the road

4a: Matt McCants OT University of Alabama-Birmingham, he moves well, good footwork and strength and from what ive seen can swing and play both side of the line, Nix flat out said we need OT depth but i dont believe he will reach for a player at 10 because he truly believes that there is depth in the later rounds and thta the Bills can develope that depth

4b: Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin, say what you want, yeah hes too short but the guy can flat out play, he has a beautiful arm and pinpoint accuracy with a set of hidden wheels...he doesnt need to be our starter but we need an upgrade to Thigpen and some competition for Fitzy so thats hes always on his game...maybe acouple years down the road #16 will be leading the Bills...who knows???

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

That would be an awesome draft. I would love to see Russell Wilson in 4th. Flutie deja vue all over????

I like what I am hearing about Kuechly but not once did I watch BC the last couple of years and think to myself, "Wow, that guy is a stud." I have reservations but wouldn't be pissed if that was the direction we went in.

As for your other four picks, simply put...no thanks. Jenkins is a turd and he isn't changing. The kid for Appalachian State would be a good value pick in the third round, but he isn't contributing in 2012. We need guys to help right away, not a fifth receiver/special teams guy. McCants isn't an upgrade to what we already have. Either is Wilson.

What we need are five picks in the first four rounds who can contribute (significantly in some cases) like last year: Dareus, Williams, Shepherd, Searcy and Hairston.

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

Jenkins will not be a Buffalo Bill...see Nix's comments...

Dream scenario? my sig :D

I think McCants is terrible got killed at senior bowl and I'll be PO'd if we draft him. Wilson is intriguing but just can't see him being successful in the NFL cuz of height, he might turn out to be the next Doug Flutie and think he will be available lattter like 6,7th round.

Here is my likes for the top 4 rounds:

1. Michael Floyd WR(if available) - Luke Kuechley ILB if Floyd is not

2. Bobbie Massie OT Old Miss

3. Kirk Cousins QB Mich St - I am not sure he will still be on the board - hope so

4a. Jamell Flemming CB Oklahoma

4b. Al Jenkins WR Ill

If we don't get Floyd, we may need to go earlier on a WR.

I like your thinking but I am not sure the Bills are on board with Jenkins and Wilson (who I think is going to be a good QB)

Nix on Jenkins

Buddy Nix: You know I just would not get into that. But if you mean whether we'll take him or not, ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem.

Chuck Cook on Wilson

On Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler as a prospect and Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson's height:

Chuck Cook: Brock obviously has the prototype height. He's a 6-6 guy and has a good arm. We like what we see in the big guy and he's done a nice job at Arizona State. Now he doesn't have a great body of work but we look at all of this and that's how we shake this thing out. He's a big, good looking quarterback that can see the field and can throw all of the balls needed and we think he's a good prospect. We think he's got upside. Russell Wilson, the man is short and obliviously that's known. And how many short guys under six feet are playing in the league? We look at that. We look at his body of work and what he brings to the table. We'll evaluate that and plug it in to take the best player.

On if Russell Wilson can overcome the height disadvantage:

Chuck Cook: It all comes down to heart and we feel like nobody knows that until it happens. So whoever pulls the trigger is going to hope it happens for the positive

Edited by ACor58

what were they?

For example, on the topic of North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins, a player some teams won't even include in their final draft board, Nix signaled the Bills are likely to avoid the smoke, fire and off-field worries that come with adding a player with Jenkins' history.

"You know I just would not get into that," Nix said. "But if you mean whether we'll take him or not ... ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem."

Http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18654596/janoris-jenkins-can-scratch-buffalo-off-list-of-suitors Edited by Carey Bender

yeah i just can not see them taking Jenkins.

He is very stubborn in a negative way. It cost him his ride at UF and had to go to a smaller school to finish his career in college.

Great physical attributes, but if his head is not right, the talent wont sustain him.

A. Kuechly, Reyes, Criner, L. Johnson (cb)

B. Cox, J. Robinson, Kaddu, Broyles

C. Floyd, Fleener (must give up 4a), Zeb Sanders, Bequette

D. Reiff (move down), Reyes, David, Menzie

Hey...this is fun!

It amazes me that people still think Jenkins is on Buddy's board after the comments he made at the draft luncheon...

Very true...I think that draft luncheon said alot. It seemed like he would go out of his way to mention getting a shut down corner even when asked about QBs or DEs. This makes me think we may be taking Stephon Gilmore especially after listening to the comparison's cook made on both him and Kirkpatrick. Although I would prefer trading down and getting an extra 2nd or 3rd and having a draft of Glenn, Reuben Randle/Stephen Hill, Lavonte David, best CB available in 3rd (Johnson, Norman...) and Wilson...I believe after listening to WGR and the luncheon that if Nix is to stay put our first 4 rounds could be 1. Gilmore 2. Best Tackle available (maybe Martin slips) 3. Best WR available (Quick perhaps) 4. Best LB available and hopefully Russell Wilson

Here is my likes for the top 4 rounds:

1. Michael Floyd WR(if available) - Luke Kuechley ILB if Floyd is not

2. Bobbie Massie OT Old Miss

3. Kirk Cousins QB Mich St - I am not sure he will still be on the board - hope so

4a. Jamell Flemming CB Oklahoma

4b. Al Jenkins WR Ill

If we don't get Floyd, we may need to go earlier on a WR.

I think this is pretty good- I like Floyd a lot but going by Buddy's draft luncheon I don't think they are picking a WR with #1- going on what they said in the Luncheon I get something like this

1. Cordy Glenn OT- versatility makes him the pick

2. Lavonte David LB- speed and pass coverage ability is LB theme

3. Trumaine Johnson CB- size and press ability is CB theme

4a. Mychal Kendricks LB

4B Demario Davis LB

5a. Donald Stephenson OT- Good athletic ability but raw

5b Greg Childs WR- Big and fast but coming off an injury

6. Chris Greenwood CB- Big and fast but small school and raw

7a Bryan Anger P-

7b. Frank Alexander DE

just judging by the Luncheon they want to come out of the draft with 2 OTs a higher round player who can compete right away and a lower round guy to develop , 3or more LBs , a couple of DBs, a later round WR who still has size and speed and a QB (which I didn't draft so UDFA)

I think trading down would be my dream.

the tenth overall for clevelands 22nd, in the exchange the Browns also trade us there 2013 1st, 2012 3rd and we include a 4th this year and a 3rd next. (again dream)

22nd-Luke Kuechly slips (MLB not typically taken top 15) Ladies and gentlemen Dave's got his Zack Thomas, but with more size and quickness, Sheppard moves to Sam, which would be a good move. or Martin, Glenn et cetera

2-Josh Robinson CB, despite not playing top talent, I do feel he will be the 2nd or third best CB in the draft. Will stay on the hip of any WR in the NFL, at almost 200 pounds he has the strength to be physical.

3-Brian Quick WR-generally speaking everyone here at the stadium wall seems to like him. Tall athletic WR, who could become a good player, not there just yet. If Martin or Glenn are taken round one I would love to get Mychal Kendricks here.

3b-Orson Charles TE- muscled out move TE. Yes, DUI, but he didn't try to outrun police. see Riley Reiff.

4-Junior Hemingway- 6'1" 225 star of the Combine among WR, played at Michigan, good feet, tons of potential, but very raw.

5-Andrew Datko OT-a little high, I know, but I have seen my share of FSU games, Datko can play and the injury history is a concern but doesn't scare me away. a project, with lots of potential.

6-Ernest Owusu DE, 4.70 40, and 39 reps, played end in a 3-4 defense, and still got 4.5 sacks. 6'4" 275 lots of potential.

BPA the rest of the way

2013- Cleveland has I believe the best chance at having the number one pick in next years draft. one of the hardest schedules and one of the weakest teams. If Fitz struggles we could find Buffalo drafting Barkley and getting a top LT with Buffalo's pick.