Did Buddy tip his hand?

JinWPB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, as he never told coach about his kids even, that they'd be so confident in anything else he told them. Unless, I suppose, they have an interest in saying he was good.

Don't think he's made his kids a secret, in interviews its all about being sorry, humbled, his mom , the kids and better tommorow. Guess he could just be saying that but he has been on a strict drug testing reg. for well over a year.

Irrelevant? Have you not heard about Jenkins? I'm not just talking about the stuff that ran him from Fla...I'm talking about the day to day stuff people like Mike Lombardi are hearing from Scouts and Pro Personnel guys...Because the name they were using to compare Jenkins to the other night on The NFL Network, as far as off-the-field problems and red-flags coming into the Draft, was none other than Pac Man Jones...The feeling among some is that Jenkins keeps a bad crowd, and he does not really seem to care much who knows about it...So...Pass... B-)

Gee thanks Ward Cleaver.

Don't think he's made his kids a secret, in interviews its all about being sorry, humbled, his mom , the kids and better tommorow. Guess he could just be saying that but he has been on a strict drug testing reg. for well over a year.

I'm not seeing the article in a quick search but it came out in jan/feb that he lied to the coach at NA when discussing wanting a second chance, including not admitting he had kids during his "come to Jesus and tell me everything" session in the recruitment process. Kids been a low life and a liar the whole way through and done nothing but let his teammates and coaches down. But he runs fast. And hasn't had a public positive test in a year.

So once again DUI is ok (Floyd) but pot is a no-no (Jenkins).Got it but don't like it.

Sick as in alcoholism is a disease? or sick as in pot is an addiction like tobacco( which it is not)?

I wouldn't make specific statements about Janoris's personel character unless you're on first name basis with Janoris.

If anyone is interested they may want to see THIS.

http://www.detroitne...204180417/1004/

Jin, I'm not against marijuana use and I'm not gonna judge Jenkins.

However, I'd like your view on the incident in Gainesville where Jenkins was tased outside a nightclub and subsequently kicked off the Florida football team.

After that, I'd like to know your view on the fact that he has 4 kids with 3 different women.

Keep in mind the above two points have nothing to do, at least directly, with the marijuana incidents (some claim that THC is an aphrodisiac).

:rolleyes:

I'm not seeing the article in a quick search but it came out in jan/feb that he lied to the coach at NA when discussing wanting a second chance, including not admitting he had kids during his "come to Jesus and tell me everything" session in the recruitment process. Kids been a low life and a liar the whole way through and done nothing but let his teammates and coaches down. But he runs fast. And hasn't had a public positive test in a year.

Guess the discussion about his character remains up in the air, he probably will be gone by #41 anyway.Or he could become another player in the very long line of Bills second round gems.Fun to speculate though.

Guess the discussion about his character remains up in the air, he probably will be gone by #41 anyway.Or he could become another player in the very long line of Bills second round gems.Fun to speculate though.

However, I'd like your view on the incident in Gainesville where Jenkins was tased outside a nightclub and subsequently kicked off the Florida football team.

After that, I'd like to know your view on the fact that he has 4 kids with 3 different women.

Keep in mind the above two points have nothing to do, at least directly, with the marijuana incidents (some claim that THC is an aphrodisiac).

I am also not for or against( do think it should be personel choice)

I've talked to some Gator alum who feel (although he was guilty of a bar fight,and caught smoking others have been as bad and)he was used to set an example for the new regime.

If we get a few good years ala Travis Henry.....who cares, it'll keep the kids off foodstamps.

Ultimately even the most squeaky clean record can be misleading. It's just his is so consistent for so long - its hard to believe the light just came on. Heck, he even had agent issues since leaving NA

I know we keep thinking Nix is going to draft BPA because he did it with Spiller when we already had two pro bowl type running backs in Lynch and FJax, but I think he's going to draft Keuchly because we are so thin at LB.

Half our LB's are pass rushing 34 types, and the rest are unproven. Shep is only played half the games last year and Barnett is injury prone (though last year he was a durable beast).

WE LOST 5 OUT OF 6 DIVISION GAMES last year and it wasn't because of the pass rush they put on Fitz, it was because we were getting shredded on defense because we had no pass rush and LB's that weren't fast enough to cover TE's like Dustin Keller, Hernandez, Gronk or stop little Reggie Bush from rushing for 200 yards against us AT HOME. We need to get faster at LB people.

Pass rush has been addressed but the only LB that is going to start for us next year is a first rounder and its Keuchly. Great speed, instincts, work ethic, versatility. Im sold on the dude, I hope Nix isn't so stuck in his "gotta be from the south" mode that he overlooks the next Zack Thomas.

Latest videos on Bills.com. they may have tipped their draft hand.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

Nix was asked if Kuechly is more than just a middle linebacker.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

I started a thread about nix picks just before the presser and now I think it is even more likely after and we have many of the same picks:

"With Nix's comments about the draft awhile back he stated that we will get another WR, 2 CBs, upgrade the LBS and that an LT could be found latter, this could be the closest to what he picks according to BPA.

1. Luke Kuechly Boston College 6'3" 242 WILB SILB

2. Janoris Jenkins North Alabama 5'10" 193 CB

3. Brandon Mosley Auburn 6'5" 314 LOT ROT

4. Reuben Randle LSU 6'3" 210 WR

4. Travis Lewis Oklahoma 6'1" 246 WILB OLB43

5. Donnie Fletcher Boston College 6'1" 198 CB

5. Tommy Streeter Miami (FL) 6'5" 215 WR

6. Nick Foles Arizona 6'5" 245 QB

7. Brett Roy Nevada 6'3" 275 DT43 DE43

7. Cordarro Law Southern Miss 6'2" 254 DE43"

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Latest videos on Bills.com. they may have tipped their draft hand.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

Nix was asked if Kuechly is more than just a middle linebacker.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

LaVonte David won't be available at 71. Don't be absurd.

Sick as in alcoholism is a disease? or sick as in pot is an addiction like tobacco( which it is not)?

I wouldn't make specific statements about Janoris's personel character unless you're on first name basis with Janoris.

If anyone is interested they may want to see THIS.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0101/204180417/1004/

When did anyone say that Jenkins' character problems stemmed from his marijuana arrests? No one did. The issue with the guy- that separates him from Floyd- is that he was arrested for fighting. Jenkins also has four kids already, which is absurd.

Dre Kirkpatrick was arrested on marijuana charges. I don't consider him to have character problems because of that arrest; that's as little of a concern for him as it is for Floyd.

I started a thread about nix picks just before the presser and now I think it is even more likely after and we have many of the same picks:

"With Nix's comments about the draft awhile back he stated that we will get another WR, 2 CBs, upgrade the LBS and that an LT could be found latter, this could be the closest to what he picks according to BPA.

1. Luke Kuechly Boston College 6'3" 242 WILB SILB

2. Janoris Jenkins North Alabama 5'10" 193 CB

3. Brandon Mosley Auburn 6'5" 314 LOT ROT

4. Reuben Randle LSU 6'3" 210 WR

4. Travis Lewis Oklahoma 6'1" 246 WILB OLB43

5. Donnie Fletcher Boston College 6'1" 198 CB

5. Tommy Streeter Miami (FL) 6'5" 215 WR

6. Nick Foles Arizona 6'5" 245 QB

7. Brett Roy Nevada 6'3" 275 DT43 DE43

7. Cordarro Law Southern Miss 6'2" 254 DE43"

You're also delusional if you think Randle will be available in the 4th.

On North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins and if they'd consider him:

Buddy Nix: You know I just would not get into that. But if you mean whether we'll take him or not, ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem.

I hate to say this as I really don't want it to happen but tannehill fits the description pretty well. Could be considered an impact position for sure and one that doesn't need to start right away. I hope that's not it but I'm more nervous about the possibility than I was yesterday.

0:) 0:) 0:)

Hey Cromartie has 10 kids with 8 women :D

You're also delusional if you think Randle will be available in the 4th.

Talk to Drafttek about it.

If we pass on Tackle at #10, then Buddy should seriously consider trading up into the late first round (I know he doesn't like doing that), in order to grab one of the 1st round tackles that will be falling into the 20s (perhaps Martin or Glenn). They won't be there at pick #41.

If we got impact player (a la Kuechley) at #10, I would be okay with that as long as we picked up a tackle later in round 1.

Odd, as he never told coach about his kids even, that they'd be so confident in anything else he told them. Unless, I suppose, they have an interest in saying he was good.

I love this ^^^ nothing like some good cynicism around here.

I dont mean to be argumentative or say that you're wrong, because I could be way off here myself, but I interpreted those statements differently. I think the mentions of competition in different areas was less of an indicator of their perception of strength, but more an indicator of Nix and Whaley not wanting to throw any of their current players under the bus.

Can you imagine if they sat at the presser and said, "Kirk Morrison sucks, so we HAVE to get an LB early to take over that spot," or "Do you guys really think we are okay with DAVID JONES goin out there opposite Stevie?" I'm not saying that they think those things, but I just interpreted the statements as more or less standard PC stuff.

I do agree with you that Buddy seems to be clear that he wont reach for a need and pretty much any position is an option, but not based on those statements alone...

arrgh! like I said in another thread, I want Floyd so I'm trying to construe everything to fit with Floyd being the pick

Are the Bills employing former members of the Monkees now?

How about we not be stupid and go with Jenkins who is 10X the play Hosley is. C'mon fans...let's draft the best players and not focus in irrelevant things. We're trying to make playoffs.

I wouldn't say hes 10x better.. hosleys really good too, and a an excellent kick returner

I smoke a little marijuana every now an then shun me if you must :bag: doesn't mean he's a thug or crimminal. I'm guessin he got a wake up call from his team/agent and everyone around him and I doubt he will want to blow his NFL career, it's not hard to stop smoking marijuana. Havin smoked for years I don't think its addictive. Not like cigarettes or alcohol or hard core drugs. If he's there in the 2nd I say take a chance.