Coors Light Rockpile seats apparently already sold out

I'd love to see season ticket sales cross the 60k mark, and maybe if we're lucky the idiotic Toronto-away game-black eye to the franchise-collossal embarrassment-series will come to an end after this season.

I just don't see how any team can compete when they play 9 away games every year.

I'd love to see season ticket sales cross the 60k mark, and maybe if we're lucky the idiotic Toronto-away game-black eye to the franchise-collossal embarrassment-series will come to an end after this season.

I just don't see how any team can compete when they play 9 away games every year.

Yeah that 1 extra away game really hurt their playoff chances the past few years :wallbash:

i agree, cannot say it enough, that money grab is hideous. giving up the home field at the ralph is huge. could never see an owner like kraft, jerry jones doing it. i know the markets are bigger and all that bulls-t, the need to "regionalize" , just do not like it!

i agree, cannot say it enough, that money grab is hideous. giving up the home field at the ralph is huge. could never see an owner like kraft, jerry jones doing it. i know the markets are bigger and all that bulls-t, the need to "regionalize" , just do not like it!

No its not, Home field hasn't been an "Advantage" to the Bills in years.

If Kraft and Jerry were located in smaller markets that need to find new revenue streams to try and attract more ticket and luxury box sales, they would do it, in fact, they would have probably been the first to do it. Do you seriously think that Jerry Jones would pass up the oportunity to make a few extra bucks playing one game in another location close by? They don't have to do it because they have the corporate backing buying luxury boxes and the ability to sell premium tickets. Just because the games are packed with Bills fans, it doesn't mean it wasn't a good financial decision by Ralph and the Bills, cause it was a great deal for them. They got paid no matter how many fans filled the stadium, its Rogers in Canada that ticket sales hurt, yet they are onboard with negotiating to keep it going so I don't think its all that bad.

Is there any guarantee that if the games weren't being played in Toronto that late November/December games were going to sell out at RWS? They have been struggling to sell them out in the past..........

No its not, Home field hasn't been an "Advantage" to the Bills in years.

If Kraft and Jerry were located in smaller markets that need to find new revenue streams to try and attract more ticket and luxury box sales, they would do it, in fact, they would have probably been the first to do it. Do you seriously think that Jerry Jones would pass up the oportunity to make a few extra bucks playing one game in another location close by? They don't have to do it because they have the corporate backing buying luxury boxes and the ability to sell premium tickets. Just because the games are packed with Bills fans, it doesn't mean it wasn't a good financial decision by Ralph and the Bills, cause it was a great deal for them. They got paid no matter how many fans filled the stadium, its Rogers in Canada that ticket sales hurt, yet they are onboard with negotiating to keep it going so I don't think its all that bad.

Is there any guarantee that if the games weren't being played in Toronto that late November/December games were going to sell out at RWS? They have been struggling to sell them out in the past..........

i get all the economical reasons ok??? my point is that giving up home field advantage for one game to make more money is not right, in a pure football sense. you can argue all u want about how much is enough.

i get all the economical reasons ok??? my point is that giving up home field advantage for one game to make more money is not right, in a pure football sense. you can argue all u want about how much is enough.

And how much has Home field been an advantage for them? The location they are playing in for this one game is only 1 1/2 hours away. The Bills aren't preventing their fans from keeping this a "home game". The Fans are doing it all on their own by whinning and complaining about it and refusing to go because its not at RWS so tehy won't support it.

Fans in Green Bay didn't seem to whine as much when the Packers played games in Milwaukee to try and regionalize. And now the NFL is having teams give up atleast one home game over a certain time frame to travel to Europe and play a game

That "embarrassment" will help keep the team in Buffalo the other 9 weeks. At least the Bills aren't losing a home game to London every year.

PTR

And how much has Home field been an advantage for them? The location they are playing in for this one game is only 1 1/2 hours away. The Bills aren't preventing their fans from keeping this a "home game". The Fans are doing it all on their own by whinning and complaining about it and refusing to go because its not at RWS so tehy won't support it.

Fans in Green Bay didn't seem to whine as much when the Packers played games in Milwaukee to try and regionalize. And now the NFL is having teams give up atleast one home game over a certain time frame to travel to Europe and play a game

number one, we will never know if taking those first 4 games out of toronto meant a difference. AGAIN!, i get the financial reasons you are trying to use as justification, squeeze every cent out of the region you can, my point is forfeiting a home game at the ralph for X amount of profit just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. instead of realizing 40 mill in profit, 30 mill is not enough if you do not go to toronto? ( those figures i used were general ones).

Edited by dwight in philly

And now the NFL is having teams give up atleast one home game over a certain time frame to travel to Europe and play a game

That "embarrassment" will help keep the team in Buffalo the other 9 weeks. At least the Bills aren't losing a home game to London every year.

My thought also, I'd rather have it be a close enough game to drive to (and I have been to three of them) than miss out because I can't afford an overseas trip.

number one, we will never know if taking those first 4 games out of toronto meant a difference. AGAIN!, i get the financial reasons you are trying to use as justification, squeeze every cent out of the region you can, my point is forfeiting a home game at the ralph for X amount of profit just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. instead of realizing 40 mill in profit, 30 mill is not enough if you do not go to toronto? ( those figures i used were general ones).

I never mentioned financial reasons in what you quoted. All I said was that the Bills are still the home team and are still the closest team to where the game is being played. They could be playing one game a year in Vegas, or Salt lake City, or Oklahoma, or Montreal, or Vancouver or anywhere in Europe. The game is less then an hour and a half away. If the fanbases biggest complaint or worry is that the game isn't a "home game", theres a very simple slution to that, Attend the game and bring the Ralph atmosphere there. If you instead decide that your gonna continue to throw a tantrum about it and sit at home in buffalo watching the game, your part of the problem with it not being a home game.

As for my point about the "Home field advantage" I ask, when was the last time that a home game was really an advantage for the Bills and the reason why they won? This team has been all over the place with wins and losses the last 5-10 years that they win games they shouldn't have on the road while they lose to teams they should beat at home

To respond to your comment about the money, if you were the owner of a business, would you not be looking to try and maximise your profits?

I never mentioned financial reasons in what you quoted. All I said was that the Bills are still the home team and are still the closest team to where the game is being played. They could be playing one game a year in Vegas, or Salt lake City, or Oklahoma, or Montreal, or Vancouver or anywhere in Europe. The game is less then an hour and a half away. If the fanbases biggest complaint or worry is that the game isn't a "home game", theres a very simple slution to that, Attend the game and bring the Ralph atmosphere there. If you instead decide that your gonna continue to throw a tantrum about it and sit at home in buffalo watching the game, your part of the problem with it not being a home game.

As for my point about the "Home field advantage" I ask, when was the last time that a home game was really an advantage for the Bills and the reason why they won? This team has been all over the place with wins and losses the last 5-10 years that they win games they shouldn't have on the road while they lose to teams they should beat at home

To respond to your comment about the money, if you were the owner of a business, would you not be looking to try and maximise your profits?

to answer your last question, in the case of ralph and the NFL, that is what they do, as obama said, "how much is enough", while i get maximizing profit, i also know what a disadvantage, FOOTBALL WISE, losing a game at the ralph is. i see your point, understand completely what you are saying, just respectfully disagree. i just wonder, in the event kelly does have a purchasing group and say it is lead by pegula, do u think he would take a game to toronto? i just think ralph is a greedy guy, sorry all you ralph apologists, just how i feel and his record speaks for itself. ok now tell me we would not have a team if not for ralph keeping it here!