A.B.T for success in the 2012 NFL Draft

A.B.T for success in the 2012 NFL Draft (Anybody But Tannehill)

Would you guys agree that basically we can take anybody in the top tier with our #10 pick and be successful, EXCEPT Tannehill?

When I say top tier I mean specifically top prospects from all of the respected analyst... (Melvin Ingram, Fletcher Cox, Riley Reiff, David Decastro, Luke Kuechly, Michael Floyd, Mark Barron, Quiton Coples, Chandler Jones, Stephon Gilmore, Courtney Upshaw, Dontari Poe, Cordy Glenn, Mike Adams, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, Michael Brockers, Jonathan Martin)

Any of these players fill a void that our team needs, and will see immediate playing time... Tannehill would just play the role of back up and put unwanted pressure on Fitz IMO

What say you? ABT?

I'll go ABB. Anybody But Bust. I think Nixley has the knack to pull it off.

I agree with you tho Rayray, I don't want Tanny to be the pick at 10. He'll prolly be gone before we're up tho. His stock has risen which benefits us.

I'll agree anyone but tannehill, but i disagree that we will be successful with any of those players. I think we have way too high of expectations for first round draft picks. Look at past drafts, the majority of the players end up having very average careers. I know I'm going to be criticized for this, but I think Leodis McKelvin/Donte Whitner's performances are fairly typical for mid-early first round picks.

So, while I expect #10 to start come September, it might be a stretch to say that he will improve the team. I am not very impressed with any of prospects that are expected to go us.

That being said, I have a lot of confidence in Nix, and think he will surprise us with the #10 pick, and I will be proven wrong this season.

Edited by rjg1993

Would you guys agree that basically we can take anybody in the top tier with our #10 pick and be successful, EXCEPT Tannehill?

When I say top tier I mean specifically top prospects from all of the respected analyst... (Melvin Ingram, Fletcher Cox, Riley Reiff, David Decastro, Luke Kuechly, Michael Floyd, Mark Barron, Quiton Coples, Chandler Jones, Stephon Gilmore, Courtney Upshaw, Dontari Poe, Cordy Glenn, Mike Adams, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, Michael Brockers, Jonathan Martin)

Any of these players fill a void that our team needs, and will see immediate playing time... Tannehill would just play the role of back up and put unwanted pressure on Fitz IMO

What say you? ABT?

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I am on the ABT Team. I really don't want a guy who looks like a career backup IMO. I want Floyd, but he didn't visit, so that leaves me at Gilmore who I think is a stud, and Keuchly who I also think is a stud. I don't think any of the tackles except Kahlil and Reiff are worth the 10, Kahlil will be taken, and Reiff didn't visit. I will be very upset with Cordy Glenn because he is a Guard or RT, I mean, lets call a spade a spade. Also, Martin is interesting, but I see all these Stanford guys getting love, and I wonder who they played against. I am not seeing too many big time defenders coming out from other Pac-12 schools, soo.... I dunno. We'll see. Not Tennehill though. Please.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

When I saw this topic I said the over/under on BB showing up was 5… and I took the under.

I just dont like this draft period!

I LOVE this draft.

Unfortunately, there are some great players available at positions where the Bills are well-stocked.

I wonder if the pick is gonna be a big surprise… that is an unexpected position.

What say you? ABT?

First off, I would love to see us acquire a QB who would put pressure on Fitz IMO. Unwanted pressure, unwanted by whom? Whaley said it - something like "we believe pressure is a good way to encourage guys to develop"

That said, I agree with Nix, we want to draft an impact guy at #10, someone who can come in and start and contribute right away. And that someone ain't Tannehill.

I don't see it being David Decastro, Melvin Ingram, Fletcher Cox, Quinton Coples, Dontari Poe, Mike Adams, or Michael Brockers and probably not Jonathan Martin or Chandler Jones either. Not because they aren't good players.

I can always be surprised, but I don't see them drafting Floyd. Not unless all the talk about how deep it is at WR is a giant smokescreen.

I actually think tannehill could be a good player in a few years. I think he is getting a bit overhyped and will be drafted to early but If he sat for a year or two he might turn into a decent starter

I knew you liked him :nana:

When I saw this topic I said the over/under on BB showing up was 5… and I took the under.

I LOVE this draft.

Unfortunately, there are some great players available at positions where the Bills are well-stocked.

I wonder if the pick is gonna be a big surprise… that is an unexpected position.

got lucky, I only clicked on it to see what abt was.

I'm fan from a RT fan and he would be one of my last choices and I don't think it will happen. But if Gailey wants the guy, I'd fully support it. It would be great to see what Gailey could do with a QB with elite physical skills. IT's the same reason why I won't hate if the Bills took a chance on Vince Young.

if you mean A Big Tush then im on board. a lt or de that ends up a high quality starter would be great

still think they are going wr tho. they seem to purposely be shying away from using the top pick on a wr, saying they like their guys and the draft is deep at that position. leaves me thinking they want to downplay their interest and end up with pink floyd

I think ray ray is just trolling for a response.

Does anyone really think Tannehill is on OBD's list of Top 32 prospects?

I would fall out of my seat if the Bills took any QB not named Luck or RGII in the first round, and then I would still fall out of my seat and wonder how the hell that happened.

What say you? ABT?

In answer to your first question, I would not agree that the Bills could take anyone but Tannehill and be successful! :angry: The Bills need to avoid the error of blowing the 10th overall pick on some random RB, non-pass rushing LB, or OG! :angry:

As for whether a player contribute immediately: Aaron Rodgers contributed almost nothing to the Packers during his first few years with the team. Do you think that the Packers regret having chosen him? The point I'm making here is that a player's long term contribution matters a lot more than what he can do in his first year! :angry: "What can you do for me immediately?" type thinking is a lot of what caused Marv to squander his early picks on "quick impact" players like RBs, SSs, and LBs.

As for Tannehill, I've never seen him play, and have formed no firsthand opinion about whether he'll be successful as an NFL QB. Some analysts, like Gil Brandt, have him ranked among the top ten available players. There are other analysts who disagree.

But if Tannehill becomes a franchise QB--which I have no idea if he will be or won't be--then the Bills would be fools not to take him! If your team doesn't have a franchise QB, and if there's one there for the taking, you take him. Period. Not only that, but you pay whatever (reasonable) draft day price you have to pay to trade up and get him! :angry:

If you're against Tannehill because you think he'll be a bust, fine. There are plenty of experts who'd agree with you, and in a few years we'll know if they're right. But if you're against taking him because he's a quarterback, then you're wrong! Quarterback should be at the absolute top of the Bills' preference list for their 10th overall pick! :angry: