Test required for rowdy NFL fans

Lurker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not give them the Wonderlic, as well...

"Unruly football fans booted from NFL stadiums this year will be required to pass a code-of-conduct exam, or they will not be allowed back in for another game."

I am hoping in the very near future to make the 6.5 hour drive to the Ralph with my 11 year old son, who has never visited the shrine. I do wonder sometimes how I will explain the guy next to him barfing all over himself while screaming F bombs left and right. Being a wild, supportive fan doesn't mean being a jerk.

I'm all for this new policy.

Stupid. Make them take a test to prove they can act like adults, when they've already proven they can't act like adults? Try teaching them to be nice? What is this, preschool?

Just ban them and be done with it. It's not the league's job to teach fans to be nice.

Why should an unruly fan ever be allowed back into a game? One strike and you're out.

I never quite grasped the concept of getting so hammered before a game you were out of it. I usually saved that for when we got back too someones man cave. On the one and done concept. I have seen stadium security grab the wrong guys, and let the instigators stay even when the fans were telling them they screwed up. Let's face it we all have screwed up one time or another. That said there does seem to be an extra helping of Aholes at any nfl stadium. The Ralph is church like compared to a Raiders home game Not always just the guys either.

Why should an unruly fan ever be allowed back into a game? One strike and you're out.

Oh, gee, I don't know, 'cuz most of us have been drunk and stupid at some time in our lives?

And most of us grow out of it, or at least tone the drinking down if it costs us something we want (like watching the game)

Bit harsh any, mate?

Oh, gee, I don't know, 'cuz most of us have been drunk and stupid at some time in our lives?

And most of us grow out of it, or at least tone the drinking down if it costs us something we want (like watching the game)

Bit harsh any, mate?

+1.

If you do something really stupid, or are blackout drunk/danger to others around, by all means get booted. But some "unruly" behavior is what makes the NFL or any pro-sporting event worth the price of admission.

I am hoping in the very near future to make the 6.5 hour drive to the Ralph with my 11 year old son, who has never visited the shrine. I do wonder sometimes how I will explain the guy next to him barfing all over himself while screaming F bombs left and right. Being a wild, supportive fan doesn't mean being a jerk.

Use it as a teachable moment. If you don't mind the swearing, its actually a great time to show him how not to act.

Honestly, it is a teachable movement. Your son probably sees kids in school getting written and sent to detention for acting like complete buffoons. Seeing a drunk belligerent idiot acting like such will be a moment of reality where he will get to see life outside of the bubble that we create for our youth today. In the long run, it will likely benefit him to experience such people for his own social well-being, especially under your supervision.

Article states requirements wont be the same for every stadium. Some for bills fans:

When is it permissible to yell "Ralph's a cheap old Fart"? Answer: never

Is sex in the bathrooms allowed? A: no

Per above, even amongst teachers? A: still no

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Bit harsh any, mate?

Not for mature adults who should know how to behave in public. It's the drunken macho louts who ruin the gameday experience for everybody. One and done.

I used to get hammered a lot when I was young.

I don't remember ever being a loudmouthed hooligan or a bully.

I don't remember ever having fun at the expense of someone else in a mean-spirited way.

As always the crux of the biscuit is when you are adversely affecting the enjoyment of others in a significant way.

Not for mature adults who should know how to behave in public. It's the drunken macho louts who ruin the gameday experience for everybody. One and done.

I used to get hammered a lot when I was young.

I don't remember ever being a loudmouthed hooligan or a bully.

I don't remember ever having fun at the expense of someone else in a mean-spirited way.

As always the crux of the biscuit is when you are adversely affecting the enjoyment of others in a significant way.

One and done forever is way too harsh. I could see one, done for the year, and then some classes to get reinstated. I was the picture of gameday stupidity in my early 20's but eventually I grew up. I think that if I had been forced to miss an entire season it would have greatly expedited my journey to acceptable behavior.

Ummmm is this post a joke? How will they ever know it was the person who got kicked out in say the week after's game?

Ummmm obviously this is virtually unenforceable, unless all the gates have photos of people not allowed. "Do not let this person enter." Kind of like the old "Do not accept a check from this person" photos at the grocery store. ;)

However, perhaps the threat of revoking season tickets might get some people's attention. It's unfortunate the gameday experience has deteriorated over the years due to the boorish crude behavior of some fans.

One and done forever is way too harsh. I could see one, done for the year, and then some classes to get reinstated. I was the picture of gameday stupidity in my early 20's but eventually I grew up. I think that if I had been forced to miss an entire season it would have greatly expedited my journey to acceptable behavior.

Not to mention one and done would mean The Ralph is about half empty in a few years.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Don't do it. The place is completely out of control during the game. There is no explanation possible. Regrettably, the inmates have taken over the asylum at the Ralph. I'm coming up for a game this year, but probably will just go alone, because I know what to expect. The NFL at the Ralph is just a big 30-something toilet of hammeredness. I don't really care, because having grown up there I know that IS southern ontario/WNY "culture". Conversely, my understanding is Carolina Panthers games are like little girl cocktail parties... so.. choose your poison I guess.