Interesting article on WR's in the SunSentinel

I really like Rueben Randle. If we took Floyd in the first and randle was available in rd 2, I'd still take him. Our WRs would be amazing. Focus on OL, LB and cb the rest of the way. I can't imagine randle not being the BPA if he was available in the 2nd. I give him a 1st Ed grade and would'nt be shocked if he was drafted 15-30

One of my basic philosophic beliefs about the draft is this: Draft according to the strengths of the draft, NOT according to need.

If a team picks need over talent, it's almost always going to end up with the types of picks that have plagued Buffalo for most of the last decade. Granted, I know no prospect is a sure thing, and busts happen. What I'm saying is - especially for a team like Buffalo which is not one or two players away from complete - in Buffalo's case, they're going to be adding more starters and depth next year, too, so if a draft has a bunch of talent at WR, for instance, and there are starting caliber WR's available in the second and third round, the likes of which would normally only be available a round earlier - then Buffalo would be wise to pick the talent, as opposed to taking positional needs, if those other positions are not as talented.

I'm of the opinion that doing what Detroit did with the DT's, for instance, was the way to go. Don't shy away from creating dominating, overabundant areas on a team, because there will always be injuries, and games can be taken over with, for instance, unstoppable pass rushes, or a passing game that can't be stopped.

I'd love the Bills to continue creating dominant areas on their team - the D-line is there now, and we could have a dominant WR corps with the right 2 additions in this draft. Or our O-line could be dominant, with the right additions. I hope the Bills are able to still be adding potential stars in the 3rd and 4th this year (Nix is excellent at maximizing mid and late picks).

honestly do really need to draft a wr that high??

For me i honestly would be happy if we dont even draft a WR. If we bulk up on some killer OL, we can win with what we have. David nelson almost had 700 yards, stevie got his 1000. freed had 442 and chandler had almost 400. Now some of those numbers arent amazing, but if we had a killer OL fitzy could actually have time to throw the ball like he did in the first 5 games before injuries started. I think if we succeed in beefing up our OL i believe what we have and some undrafted wr's will be all we need.

I really like Rueben Randle. If we took Floyd in the first and randle was available in rd 2, I'd still take him. Our WRs would be amazing. Focus on OL, LB and cb the rest of the way. I can't imagine randle not being the BPA if he was available in the 2nd. I give him a 1st Ed grade and would'nt be shocked if he was drafted 15-30

I really dislike LSU Wide Receivers. I can't remember one that has panned out. Josh Reed, Brandon LaFell, Buster Davis, Devery Henderson,

Early Doucet. None of them have lived up to expectations. Oh wait Dwayne Bowe forgot about him.

I really dislike LSU Wide Receivers. I can't remember one that has panned out. Josh Reed, Brandon LaFell, Buster Davis, Devery Henderson,

Early Doucet. None of them have lived up to expectations. Oh wait Dwayne Bowe forgot about him.

And G-Tech is terrific at recruiting truly great receivers - and hardly ever using them LOL

One of my basic philosophic beliefs about the draft is this: Draft according to the strengths of the draft, NOT according to need.

Sorry, but isn't this the same thing as "take the best player available" belief that the Bills have been preaching for as long as I can remember?

This is why I don't want to take a guy who has off the field Alcohol issues.

Funny....I don't want to take a college player who doesn't have some "alcohol issues."

Come on man....the kid made a couple mistakes, accepted his consequences, and then was a model citizen during his senior season. Ya know, he move back into the dorms, kept out of trouble, and worked as a janitor. Give the kid a break. We would be absolutely lucky if we had the option to draft Floyd at #10.