Barry Weighs In On Augusta?

Important stuff man. This and Catholic birth control are the pressing issues of the day.

No need to focus on trifling matters like trillions in debt, a devalued dollar, crony capitialism, entitlement reform, or the various military commitments around the world.

By 2019, we will be spending more in interest payments on the national debt than we spend on the Department of Defense.

$600B in interest payments! Not even touching the debt principle!

Link

I look at that graph and think, 'How are we not totally, totally screwed?!?' Like... Harvard-PhD-philosophy-student-with-half-a-million-in-debt-and-the-only-job-he'll-ever-find-is-McDonald's screwed.

But keep talking about secret clubs, MSM. That's what the national consciousness needs to think about. Because Economy This, Debt That won't get your boy re-elected, will it?

Edited by UConn James

Word is coming out that Obama plans to suspend his re-election campaign until golf decides to come up with a less racial name for "The Masters."

Well, no justice, no peace. He'll be wearing a hoodie from now on as well - to honor his murdered son.

chicks generally suck at golf anyway.

anika sorenson can join me (or my twosome or threesome) anytime. and she can play golf pretty well, too.

it really is about tradition in the south usually. some traditions are harmless and some not so much. i belong to a formal dinner/dance society that only allows men as members. of course, wives and girlfriends come to every event. wouldn't be a very good dance if they didn't. but traditionally they're not members of officers in the club. interestingly, when i've mentioned dropping out my wife immediately objects.

anika sorenson can join me (or my twosome or threesome) anytime. and she can play golf pretty well, too.

it really is about tradition in the south usually. some traditions are harmless and some not so much. i belong to a formal dinner/dance society that only allows men as members. of course, wives and girlfriends come to every event. wouldn't be a very good dance if they didn't. but traditionally they're not members of officers in the club. interestingly, when i've mentioned dropping out my wife immediately objects.

Doc, really. It's Good Friday and you're talking a threesome with Anika Sorenson?

Does he not employ people who's primary job is to help keep him from saying stupid stuff?

Only time will really tell, but there are days I think he' just too stupid to keep his mouth shut, and there are days I am convinced he says stupid stuff to keep us off the scent of more important items...like the stagnant economy, Fast and Furious, GSA, etc.

In the end, I think he's simply too stupid to realize we're not as stupid as he hopes. For example, he can't argue that Hillarycare's mandate to purchase health care is unconstitutional one minute, and then argue that HIS mandate is somehow different. He can't argue one minute that George Bush was reckless and irresponsible with his out-of-control spending and disregard for debt or deficit, and yet scream past Bush's spending with a single finger on the wheel, "smiling at the camera with a toothpick in his mouth."

I have long believed we truly are a stupid country, and have tried since his election to convince myself that we're really not that stupid. The 2012 election will give me my final answer. Putting him back in office would be the height of stupidity for this nation.

Doc, really. It's Good Friday and you're talking a threesome with Anika Sorenson?

It's the difference between Good Friday and Great Friday.

I can't wait until Sunday, when Frenkle callously wishes everyone a Happy Zombie Jesus Day again. :w00t:

Does he not employ people who's primary job is to help keep him from saying stupid stuff?

Don't need one when your predecessor is Dubya.

I can't wait until Sunday, when Frenkle callously wishes everyone a Happy Zombie Jesus Day again. :w00t:

A Jewish friend of mine on Facebook today wrote "To my Jewish friends, Happy Passover. To my Christian friends, Happy Easter. To my aetheist friends, good luck." :lol:

Don't need one when your predecessor is Dubya.

Well, that will be Frenkle's cross to bear. :devil:

If you read the article you posted, the Press Secretary was answering a question, on Obama's behalf:

Press Secretary Jay Carney conveyed the president's position just as the Masters tournament hosted by Augusta got underway.

"He believes Augusta should admit women," Carney said. "Kind of long past the time when women should be excluded from anything."

Carney said Obama thinks it's "up to the club to decide," but that Obama told him he personally thinks women should be welcome.

Then you have this from Mitt Romeny, just today:

"If I were a member, and if I could run Augusta, which isn't likely to happen, but of course I'd have women in Augusta. Sure," Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, told a reporter who questioned him on the topic at a campaign stop in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/04/05/bloomberg_articlesM20ND66JTSE901-M214L.DTL#ixzz1rF0jfkZ2

I would suspect, Dante, many (even some of the idiots here), feel the same way... they think women should be let in, but they also recognize that it is up to the club to decide who gets into their club.

I don't think it makes a difference if it comes from his spokesman or Obama himself. Point is he wastes no opportunity to capitalize on situations to divide the country and energize his base of takers and leftists. As for Romney, I'm with you. Characteristically mealy mouthed and pandering. The correct answer when asked about Augusta should have been.

" WTF are you guys serious? We have the housing industry in the shitter. Due to democratic policy medeling in the banking industry energized by Bubba. Sucking unemployment percentage setting records for longevity. Due to Obama's business crushing regulations and tax. Fuel prices north of $4 per gallon. Due to Obamas deliberate policy to raise fuel to European levels. Medical insurance through the roof because of Obamacares intended goal of putting private medical insurance out of business. All these major issues effect everyone are far more important than something as trivial as whether a private club allows women. I refuse to answer the question because it's so inane."

Now that would be a answer but sadly I'm not sure Romney is capable of it.

Seriously though I have no issue with either of them answering the question. My question is why was it asked in the first place?

"Gotcha" reporting.

And an attempt by a reporter to further the "Republican War on Women" rhetoric. I'm half-surprised Obama didn't run with that angle...

"Gotcha" reporting.

And an attempt by a reporter to further the "Republican War on Women" rhetoric. I'm half-surprised Obama didn't run with that angle...

My answer would be "They don't allow women in? Really?? Hmmm, I feel they should. Next question. Oh and let's make sure this is one that is relevant to my position."

The reporter's question sort of came out of the blue. I wonder if it's another case of "he could be my son", Trayvon Martin planted question? Seems to fit in with the "Republicans War on Women".

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/04/06/was-the-white-house-press-question-about-augusta-a-plant/

Over the past eight years, I've become convinced that almost all reporter questions are plants.

By the way...how's Obama's press conference count comparing to Bush's "he never holds press conferences!" press conference count at this time in his administration? Anyone know?

Over the past eight years, I've become convinced that almost all reporter questions are plants.

By the way...how's Obama's press conference count comparing to Bush's "he never holds press conferences!" press conference count at this time in his administration? Anyone know?

That historical record is here.

It's Easter and I'm tired, so I wasn't going to tabulate the data, but it's an interesting angle.

Presidents hold a lot of press conferences when they're meeting with foreign dignitaries.

By my count - these are the number of times The President stood alone in front of the press.

Prez - Year - # solo conferences, i.e., sans foreign beard

Bill 1996 - 5

Bill 1997 - 7

Bill - 1998 - 1

Bill - 1999 - 5

Bill - 2000 - 3

W - 2001 - 5

W - 2002 - 3

W - 2003 - 4

W - 2004 - 6

W - 2005 - 9

W - 2006 - 11