Nick Fairley arrested for marijuana possession

papazoid

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing insane about this at all. Truth is, the DEA brings in billions every year through siezing drug assets and the drugs themselves (by reselling them). Yet, the DEA still needs to spend taxpayer money to operate. All those profits mysteriously vanish, so it's pretty safe to assume the government is using it for things they'd rather not talk about, and I'm sure DEA agents split up a little pie amongst themselves. Isn't this common knowledge?

The DEA is a great example of bureaucratic inertia. Want to know why pot won't be legal in the foreseeable future? Because it has to be illegal to justify the DEA. The DEA needs drugs to be not just illegal, but increasingly illegal, to ensure its continued existence.

That's probably the single biggest obstacle to making pot legal. If you put it to a vote, a surprising number of people in this country would probably agree with me: "I really don't care, just don't do it around me, as I hate the smell."

And how the hell does a thread about pot get to 5 pages without Pete telling all of us how enlightened he is for smoking it?

Edited by DC Tom

The DEA is a great example of bureaucratic inertia. Want to know why pot won't be legal in the foreseeable future? Because it has to be illegal to justify the DEA. The DEA needs drugs to be not just illegal, but increasingly illegal, to ensure its continued existence.

That's probably the single biggest obstacle to making pot legal. If you put it to a vote, a surprising number of people in this country would probably agree with me: "I really don't care, just don't do it around me, as I hate the smell."

And how the hell does a thread about pot get to 5 pages without Pete telling all of us how enlightened he is for smoking it?

I didn't read pages 2-4. I figured it was all Pete on them - it's not?

I brought this up last night - the growing concern is about how to tell which drivers are impaired because of pot and which are not - since it stays in your system very long.

I didn't read pages 2-4. I figured it was all Pete on them - it's not?

I brought this up last night - the growing concern is about how to tell which drivers are impaired because of pot and which are not - since it stays in your system very long.

Traces of THC remain your system for 30 days but you are hardly impaired all that time. Even smoking some mind-blowing dank, you are probably incapacitated for an hour tops, and woozy for another hour.

Its a given that no one should drive while drunk, high, or hopped up on meds but people do it now anyway.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Traces of THC remain your system for 30 days but you are hardly impaired all that time. Even smoking some mind-blowing dank, you are probably incapacitated for an hour tops, and woozy for another hour.

Its a given that no one should drive while drunk, high, or hopped up on meds but people do it now anyway.

PTR

That's the problem. Right now, there is no way to tell the difference between those who are still stones and those who have it in there system from a while back. At least from what I read.

I'm probably in the minority, but for me, when I smoked, I was either totally stoned or not stoned at all. There was really no in between for me, like there would be if I had just a few drinks.

Its time to legalize weed. It seems to me that alot of people like smoking it in a non abusive way.

All the man made vises like cigarettes and alcohol have killed many more people than a simple plant that grows from seed God gave us has ever did.

I think we are to the point in the NFL where teams have to treat it as a non -issue. There are some many more things the league has to worry about involving its players than someone having some weed to smoke. Now if he was planning to sell it, that is another issue. But if he was just coping some for his personnal use let it go.

Its time to legalize weed. It seems to me that alot of people like smoking it in a non abusive way.

All the man made vises like cigarettes and alcohol have killed many more people than a simple plant that grows from seed God gave us has ever did.

I think we are to the point in the NFL where teams have to treat it as a non -issue. There are some many more things the league has to worry about involving its players than someone having some weed to smoke. Now if he was planning to sell it, that is another issue. But if he was just coping some for his personnal use let it go.

:lol: Tommy? Care to do the honors? I don't wish to infringe on your copyright!

the facts are not stupid :(

I am granted authority to express my opinion on the subject.

Never mind, MadCap.

Until I see, with my own eyes, someone plant a joint and grow a joint tree and pick all the joints when they're ripe for harvesting, your "facts" are not facts. And...you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

From a person who has smoked and didnt like it, Pot has less effect on your brain and other organs than alcohol or Cigs. Ive read this in psychological journals, had it told to me by scientists who study these effects every day. The fact that politicians claim that Pot will kill you is just plain lazy and merely a talking point.

I saw someone say it impairs your motor function, well no **** coffee does too, hell soda can. Caffeine is statistically more additive than pot. If pot were legal and given the same treatment in terms of enforcement that alcohol or tobacco is, I can almost guarantee it would be marketed as a healthier alternative to Cigs.

You don't want your kids to not smoke? Do what my parents did, sit me down, talk about it, explain that it wont be tolerated in the house and without a mature and responsible attitude, it can lead to a lot of problems. Said the same thing with alcohol. After that it was up to me. I listened, tried it a few times in college and decided it wasn't for me.

Talk to your kids about uncomfortable issues? Ya !@#$ that

From a person who has smoked and didnt like it, Pot has less effect on your brain and other organs than alcohol or Cigs. Ive read this in psychological journals, had it told to me by scientists who study these effects every day. The fact that politicians claim that Pot will kill you is just plain lazy and merely a talking point.

I saw someone say it impairs your motor function, well no **** coffee does too, hell soda can. Caffeine is statistically more additive than pot. If pot were legal and given the same treatment in terms of enforcement that alcohol or tobacco is, I can almost guarantee it would be marketed as a healthier alternative to Cigs.

You don't want your kids to smoke? Do what my parents did, sit me down, talk about it, explain that it wont be tolerated in the house and without a mature and responsible attitude, it can lead to a lot of problems. Said the same thing with alcohol. After that it was up to me. I listened, tried it a few times in college and decided it wasn't for me.

Cmon man, it's much easier to just demand that 100 or so strangers on the internet refrain from discussing it... :rolleyes:

(great post, btw)

Edited by DrDareustein

You don't want your kids to not smoke? Do what my parents did, sit me down, talk about it, explain that it wont be tolerated in the house and without a mature and responsible attitude, it can lead to a lot of problems. Said the same thing with alcohol. After that it was up to me. I listened, tried it a few times in college and decided it wasn't for me.

Point of note: caffeine, by weight, is very toxic. More so than arsenic or plutonium.

Never mind, MadCap.

Until I see, with my own eyes, someone plant a joint and grow a joint tree and pick all the joints when they're ripe for harvesting, your "facts" are not facts. And...you're an idiot. :rolleyes:

wow just wow

:blush: im an idiot for expressing my opinion ok then time to ignore your posts.

Agreed with you and mountain. It's not insane at all. It's good money, and we all know it is our government's favorite thing. Especially untraceable cash-money!

If you want to take it a step further into actual craziness, I've noticed from the administration changes between Clinton to Bush, and Bush to Obama, that when the Republicans are in power, coke is everywhere and easy to come by. And when the Democrats are in power, weed is everywhere and easy to come by. Of course, both are always pretty easy to find if you know where to look. But there seems to be a surplus of those specific drugs on the streets depending on which party is running the show. It can also be traced back to the 80s, when Reagan/Bush was in power and coke was the drug of choice. Coincidence, maybe. But I have no doubt that "those in power" control the drug trade to some extent. There is simply too much cash involved for them not to be.

Pots OK, but I have noticed some delusions and paranoia in users.