BILLS secret WEAPON -REVISED

Who is Revised and when did we sign him?

He came in today but his signing was overseen by all the new Nike uniforms. Franky aka "no flag taken" Revised. Former running back went to culinary art school and graduated with honors and recently played in a professional flag football team.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Wow, had no idea who this guy was, or of his status. Hopefully, he didn't teach Tony Soprano all his tricks. :thumbsup:

And why can't we read / watch analysis like this on ESPN? I would think this inside football insight would be perfect for the AFC East blog. Mr. Walker writes a lot of posts, which is impressive, but few actually teach me anything.

Edited by JustinAtlanta

Really liked the article. Some good info - it's like a chess match the Bills are having in the division. I'm a little concerned about the emphasis on the wildcat - but, if other teams feel as strongly about it - perhaps it does present a lot of problems, preparation wise, for the opposition.

What I'm a bit concerned with, though, more than anything, is this: does this mean we're not going to be placing as much of a premium on helping Fitz - and, hopefully, a rookie Qb - develop as a pure passer? As much as the wildcat can be useful, I'd like to think the Bills are more concerned with developing an exceptional passer, if it comes down to more one than the other. I tried to find information on how much success Lee's QB's had while he was their coach, but I found nothing. It seemed they were very mediocre.

Maybe the Bills have someone else helping with the throwing motion and mechanics and reads? I assume this means the Bills are keeping Smith as a Qb - he'd be the 3rd QB, and now the 3rd QB can come and go during Sundays. How many QB's will Buffalo keep? I'm guessing 4, now. Fitz, Smith (as a dual QB/WR/KR), Thigpen - only because of the contract, although I hope he goes - and a rookie?

I was hoping we were getting away from the wildcat.

I was hoping we learned how to run it better, to the point that we could throw out of it consistently. Simple reason: Adding the run component to the QB position takes one guy out of pass coverage. Certainly a lot has to come together to make this happen. And, nothing says Fitz can't run out of standard formations. He already has with the draw they ran last year. The downside of that approach: we can't have our franchise(like it or not) QB taking hits. Smith at QB reduces that risk.

That, and if you take a damaging Wildcat along with the 4-5 wide formations and screen pass stuff we did last year, you make it very difficult for a D to prepare for all of it. (Edit: and yeah, we need Fred/CJ to be threats as well)

A lot remains to be seen, especially with the WR/LOT positions. But, if I was interested in making this happen, hiring the guy who basically invented it is probably a good move.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Gailey's philosophy is to pass first to set up the run. So, bringing in Lee to get maximum use out of Brad Smith & Fitzpatrick is going to pay dividends.

When the Dolphins used the wildcat on the Pats for the first time, and blew them out of the water at Foxboro (I think it was 38-10), that was awesome!!! Seeing grown men in the stands at Foxboro with tears in their eyes, plus seeing a majority of Pats fans leave the stadium in the 3rd quarter was great!!

With Gailey, Wannstedt, DeHaven & Lee on board, I think the Bills have put together their best coaching staff since the Superbowl era.