Poe vs Hill

Lately, it seems that Poe has been losing steam, that despite being a freakish athlete, he has very pedestrian on tape in a small conference (5 sacks total, only one this past year). Mayock even has him as the 4th highest DT. Hill, on the other hand, has been gaining steam, with some people saying that even though he's raw, he can still win 1-on-1 match-ups in the red zone and catch the deep ball immediately, leading to a good number of TDs for a rookie.

Now, I'm not saying that both of them, or even one of them will still be on the board when we're on the clock in the second round, but my question for all of you is this: if both of them are still on the board in round 2, which do you take and why? Do you even take either? Do you pass on both? Let me know what you think.

Lately, it seems that Poe has been losing steam, that despite being a freakish athlete, he has very pedestrian on tape in a small conference (5 sacks total, only one this past year). Mayock even has him as the 4th highest DT. Hill, on the other hand, has been gaining steam, with some people saying that even though he's raw, he can still win 1-on-1 match-ups in the red zone and catch the deep ball immediately, leading to a good number of TDs for a rookie.

Now, I'm not saying that both of them, or even one of them will still be on the board when we're on the clock in the second round, but my question for all of you is this: if both of them are still on the board in round 2, which do you take and why? Do you even take either? Do you pass on both? Let me know what you think.

Wasted pick....better served by drafting other positions of real need i.e. OT, WR, LB, CB

Hill's lack of production (due to playing in a wishbone running offense) will not hurt him as much as Poe's lack of production in a smaller conference. I think Poe may be there @ 41, not so sure about Hill.

Hill's lack of production (due to playing in a wishbone running offense) will not hurt him as much as Poe's lack of production in a smaller conference. I think Poe may be there @ 41, not so sure about Hill.

Agreed. There's no comparison between the 2. Poe is why the combine is dangerous. He's got a mike mamula feel. He wasn't even 1st team Conference USA.

Hill played on an option team with suspect qbs & still made plays. His school had a recent history of producing good wrs: Megatron & D Thomas. I don't know about Hill at 10, but he fits what this team needs in the receiving core.

Agreed. There's no comparison between the 2. Poe is why the combine is dangerous. He's got a mike mamula feel. He wasn't even 1st team Conference USA.

Hill played on an option team with suspect qbs & still made plays. His school had a recent history of producing good wrs: Megatron & D Thomas. I don't know about Hill at 10, but he fits what this team needs in the receiving core.

Living in Atlanta and having some very close friends who at GT fans, i never once heard about Hill. You always heard about Johnson and D Thomas.

I asked my friend, who is an obnoxious Tech fan about Hill,

He dropped a lot of Balls his first two years, a bit of a head case but nothing too bad.

Guess if i got to choose between the two i would go with Hill, he is also an area of need.

being big, strong and Fast does not always translate into being a good football player. If you did not dominate in a non BCS confrence to me you are not worth a high pick.

Hell even Mamula was all big east and had 25+ sack in 2 years @ BC. Poe has done squat except run fast in shorts.

No offense...But I just don't think it's possible that either would be there...

That being said...If The Bills did not go WR in the 1st I'd take Hill in half-a-heartbeat in the 2nd... B-)