Draft questions- trade downs, reaches, falling

Just a couple questions

1. I thought Richardson or Tannehill being there at 10 gave us the greatest chance for a trade back but now a doubt either one drops- so are there ant other players that the Bills wouldn't want but another team would trade up for.

2. If Cleveland were to take Tannehill at four is there any chance Miami takes Weeden at 8

3. is DeCastro the player with least bust potential

4. Ever year there seems to be one highly rated player who falls, who is that player this year

Edited by ....lybob

Just a couple questions

1. I thought Richardson or Tannehill being there at 10 gave us the greatest chance for a trade back but now a doubt either one drops- so are there ant other players that the Bills wouldn't want but another team would trade up for.

2. If Cleveland were to take Tannehill at four is there any chance Miami takes Weeden at 8

4. Ever year there seems to be one highly rated player who falls, who is that player this year

1. I think Claiborne, Richardson, and Blackmon (depending upon what shakes out with the QB's) all have a chance of dropping to #10. I also think Floyd, DeCastro, and Kuechly might draw some trade-up interest from teams if they make it to #10.

2. I highly doubt Miami would take Weeden at #8. I honestly think they are going to be content with Garrard/Moore going into this season, and are in a rebuilding mode. I call it "blow for Barkley."

3. DeCastro, IMO is one of 5 or 6 players who are "can't miss" prospects in this draft. I would include Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Kalil, and Claiborne in that category. That said, I wouldn't be sad if we took DeCastro at #10...the guy is going to be an all-pro, and interior line depth is a good thing to have.

4. I honestly think Quinton Coples will free fall into the very late 1st round....maybe even early 2nd round. Yes, this draft class is lacking quality pass-rushing DE's, but this guy has too many question marks.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

1. I think Claiborne, Richardson, and Blackmon (depending upon what shakes out with the QB's) all have a chance of dropping to #10. I also think Floyd, DeCastro, and Kuechly might draw some trade-up interest from teams if they make it to #10.

2. I highly doubt Miami would take Weeden at #8. I honestly think they are going to be content with Garrard/Moore going into this season, and are in a rebuilding mode. I call it "blow for Barkley."

3. DeCastro, IMO is one of 5 or 6 players who are "can't miss" prospects in this draft. I would include Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Kalil, and Claiborne in that category. That said, I wouldn't be sad if we took DeCastro at #10...the guy is going to be an all-pro, and interior line depth is a good thing to have.

4. I honestly think Quinton Coples will free fall into the very late 1st round....maybe even early 2nd round. Yes, this draft class is lacking quality pass-rushing DE's, but this guy has too many question marks.

I think the Bills take Claiborne or Blackmon if they drop- I think if Richardson drops they look for a good trade back- you might be right with Coples, this draft interests/scares me because there seems to be a lack of consensus on the rankings in a lot of positions, I know this happens every year but it seems more than usual this year.

I think the Bills take Claiborne or Blackmon if they drop- I think if Richardson drops they look for a good trade back- you might be right with Coples, this draft interests/scares me because there seems to be a lack of consensus on the rankings in a lot of positions, I know this happens every year but it seems more than usual this year.

If Richardson drops anyone looking to trade will have the Bills by the short hairs...

what ive always been curious about is how careers of guys that shoot up and fall fast after the combine compare - ie are you better to pick the kid that shot out of the second round at a pick like 10-15, or the guy that slid from the top 5. kind of off topic, but its the first thing that came to mind when i read the title.

would be really hard to work out cause (slid due to 40, or medical, or character), and whos rankings to use in comparison to the actual draft.

I would imagine there will be an opportunity for Buffalo to trade when they get to the 10th pick, if they haven't traded up, that is. The question will be whether the trade is considered good enough. I would bet Buddy would love to have a couple extra picks in the 2-4 round range, for leverage and movability purposes. That way he could spend a 2nd on a young QB like Weeden, Cousins, or even a 3rd on Osweiler, and still have the picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to go with a WR and LB. So, I'm guessing if a team offers him a chance to swap 10 for something above 22 or so, he'd take it. But, going too low in round 1 would cause us to lose out on a real playmaker, too - so it's a fine line.

He means with Spiller, Choice and FJ we won't be negotiating from a position of strength. Except he ignores the fact the minute more than one team wants Richardson if he's available at 10, we're in the driver's seat.

Or if the team that wants Richardson is more than 1 slot below the Bills, with another team that might draft him picking before them.

I would agree that a team 1 slot below the Bills is likely to take their chances that the Bills will leave him be - except that with the Bills and RB, it's better never to be too sure.

Everyone has been wondering about the 10th pick and I'd love to add Blackmon or Floyd but I think the best pick there could be a sleeper...stephen Gilmore IMHO is going to be a shutdown corner in this league and if he's there(which he will be) I wouldn't be angered if the bills took him at 10

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

Perhaps if Floyd fell to 10, which I don't think will happen, someone would make a move, but I don't see that happening.

I'd say there's a 0.00001% chance of that, but again, I'd say very doubtful. More than likely they'd take either Ingram or Floyd.

I have to give least bust potential to Matt Kalil. Worst case scenario is that he becomes a very good guard. Decastro is limited to being able to play guard, as he's not athletic enough to play tackle and is brutal at center, which gives him slightly more bust potential than Kalil in my opinion.

Luke Kuechly and Dre Kirkpatrick. Can't see how either gets picked inside the top 15.