Satellite Radio

Not sure if it's worth it, but we recently installed a receiver in my wife's car that not only handled Sirius, but also acted as Bluetooth for her cellphone and had an audio jack from her iPod. It obviously ran a little more, but California mandates handsfree and the Blue Tooth headsets weren't cutting it for her, so this really served multiple purposes and has proven to be worth every penny.

That sounds awesome..but i googled it and could not find.I would like to look it up.Can you post the manufacturer or model? I have tried several bluetooth pieces, none of them seem to work well..but if this send the sound through the speakers think that would be great. How does it sound for the person on the pther end?

Edited by plenzmd1

That sounds awesome..but i googled it and could not find.I would like to look it up.Can you post the manufacturer or model? I have tried several bluetooth pieces, none of them seem to work well..but if this send the sound through the speakers think that would be great. How does it sound for the person on the pther end?

Here's what we got.

• 3 weeks later...

My three year subscription is up at the end of May and just got my renewl paper in the mail yesterday...$475 to renew for another three years!! Has anyone else had any luck when threatning to not renew? I love it, but not at that price....I could smack myself for not getting the lifetime subscription.

that's crazy...normal price is 75-80/year...i just got a come back offer of $25 for 6 months....they are trying to get you for 160/month? is that for one subscription or multiple?

My three year subscription is up at the end of May and just got my renewl paper in the mail yesterday...$475 to renew for another three years!! Has anyone else had any luck when threatning to not renew? I love it, but not at that price....I could smack myself for not getting the lifetime subscription.

that's crazy...normal price is 75-80/year...i just got a come back offer of $25 for 6 months....they are trying to get you for 160/month? is that for one subscription or multiple?

Do the math again Poojer, that's just a little more than $13/month. I'm on month-to-month and paying just under $16/month.

at worst i was paying $135/year, 65 every 6 months, so yeah not quite as bad as i originally thought, perhaps it has gone up and his figure might include the online price as well

Do the math again Poojer, that's just a little more than $13/month. I'm on month-to-month and paying just under $16/month.

Not sure if it's worth it, but we recently installed a receiver in my wife's car that not only handled Sirius, but also acted as Bluetooth for her cellphone and had an audio jack from her iPod. It obviously ran a little more, but California mandates handsfree and the Blue Tooth headsets weren't cutting it for her, so this really served multiple purposes and has proven to be worth every penny.

I just did the same and installed one in my truck last week. So far so great, I love the hands free BT capability as well as the ability to stream google music and pandora from my phone. I got this one.

Clarion cx501

If you just want commercial free music plug your smart phone into your radio (if you have an aux input.) Install the Tuned In app and you'll have trends of thousands of stations to listen to.

I do have Sirius radio and while I think it's a little over-priced I can't let it go. You do get hooked.

PTR

I just did the same and installed one in my truck last week. So far so great, I love the hands free BT capability as well as the ability to stream google music and pandora from my phone. I got this one.

Clarion cx501

Funny. My business partner was telling me recently about a Steel Panther show he saw in Vegas, and he completely dug it.

Funny. My business partner was telling me recently about a Steel Panther show he saw in Vegas, and he completely dug it.

I caught them in Vegas as well last October. I've been to hundreds of concerts and I have to say these guys rank right there at the top. Highly recommended, even if you're only into 80's "rooster rock" as a guilty pleasure like me. I'm going to check them out in Myrtle Beach at the House Of Blues next month. With most of their songs it's clear they are copying specific 80's bands, here is one that is paying homage to Whitesnake. NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67jtMPfdTw&ob=av2e