If Fitz doesn't improve

If Fitz, who I believe just doesn't have the arm to get the job done, can't get us to the superbowl there are still ways to get a good good QB without drafting in the top ten, because I doubt we will be there any time soon. A top QB could acquired if a Good QB has an injury and his team doesn't want him anymore like Peyton and Brees. Maybe Roethlisberger gets killed again behind that line cuz they need upgrades everywhere but center and they can't do it in one year. Or guys like Mallett or Skelton become trade bait, really wish we would have drafted Mallett over Sheppard and am really Glad we got Ed Wang and Levi Brown over Skelton. Then there is the Chance that we get a mid round prospect that becomes a star like Joe Montana and Brady, Guys like Kirk Cousins, Brock Osweiler, B.J. Coleman and Nick Foles.

My greatest hope is Fitz turns into Drew Brees but if that doesn't happen we are going to need an upgrade at the QB position.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fitz, who I believe just doesn't have the arm to get the job done, can't get us to the superbowl there are still ways to get a good good QB without drafting in the top ten, because I doubt we will be there any time soon. A top QB could acquired if a Good QB has an injury and his team doesn't want him anymore like Peyton and Brees. Maybe Roethlisberger gets killed again behind that line cuz they need upgrades everywhere but center and they can't do it in one year. Or guys like Mallett or Skelton become trade bait, really wish we would have drafted Mallett over Sheppard and am really Glad we got Ed Wang and Levi Brown over Skelton. Then there is the Chance that we get a mid round prospect that becomes a star like Joe Montana and Brady, Guys like Kirk Cousins, Brock Osweiler, B.J. Coleman and Nick Foles.

My greatest hope is Fitz turns into Drew Brees but if that doesn't happen we are going to need an upgrade at the QB position.

Have you stopped focusing on your talleywhacker?

Jeez BB, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Fitz to turn into one of the most accurate QB's I've ever watched in Drew Brees. Fitz is more like Brett Favre, a gunslinger, a try and make a play outta nothing, a tough as nails QB.

Its not Fitz who needs to improve, its the rest of the entire offense around him that needs to get better....that's pretty much EVERYONE around him!!

Fitz's go to WR is a 7th round pick that became a star only because Stevie Johnson turned into Fitz's go to guy. His best TE option is a cast off TE nobody else wanted, up until last year it was 4 years in the league and 4 different teams. Fitz needs someone other then QB-RB-WR Brad Smith at that #2 WR position.

The O line is piecemeal of 2-3 guys that were waiver wire cast off scrubs from other teams, Wood & Bell can't stay healthy and stay on the field. Currently the Bills have one top linemen that is dependable and his play suffers because of the lack of talent around him. Wood could be a pro bowler if he ever can finish a season on the roster and not on IR. IDC what anyone says, this line needs some serious upgrades in order to protect Fitz properly, and allow him to finally have time to throw those 5-7 step drops on a regular basis. The time in the pocket like Drew Brees has, like Tom Brady has, like so many other top QB's have. Even getting the ball out in under 2 seconds didn't stop Fitz from getting hit so often.

Then there is the play calling, Gailey called plays last season just about as bad as Turk Schonert and BVP did in years past. Its like all he knew was shotgun passing plays over and over. Even with Fitz hurting with a rib injury, instead of a ground and pound attack it was continually pass pass pass. Gailey did the same crap in KC with Thigpin, that KC offense moved the ball around and gained a bunch of passing yards and yet only won 2 games. Gailey needs to stop forcing Fitz to win games and start utilizing the RB he selected with a first round pick in 2010. A one-two punch of Spiller- Jackson could be an unbeatable combo.

We know Fitz is good enough and can do the job, look at the games in 2010 against the Ravens- Bengals- Steelers, 2011 against the Patriots and NY Giants. Its a team game and Fitz needs a better offense around him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4

Watch the video, tell me. How many steps does Fitz take? How long does it take Fitz to take those steps? How many yards does Fitz throw the ball.... let me answer. 7 steps in 3 seconds Fitz threw a 50 yard pass, perfectly thrown right over the outside shoulder where the defender can't get to it. Fitz is good enough.

P.S. should the Bills draft talleywhacker you would finally see what I already know, that line is not near good enough.

I was hoping when you mentioned Mallet, you know Brian Hoyer's backup, this was an april fools joke. But i have a feeling your serious

yeah Hoyer what was I thinking, 6'2" 215 UDFA :thumbsup: . Mallett is only third because he was just a rookie and they spent a third on him because he was too good to pass up even though they didn't need him. While other Teams were afraid of his rec drug use the Pats did there homework and new he was clean and a first round talent.

"According to Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network, the Patriots rated Mallett as the best quarterback available in the 2011 draft"

http://patriots.wikia.com/wiki/Ryan_Mallett

Jeez BB, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Fitz to turn into one of the most accurate QB's I've ever watched in Drew Brees. Fitz is more like Brett Favre, a gunslinger, a try and make a play outta nothing, a tough as nails QB.

Its not Fitz who needs to improve, its the rest of the entire offense around him that needs to get better....that's pretty much EVERYONE around him!!

Fitz's go to WR is a 7th round pick that became a star only because Stevie Johnson turned into Fitz's go to guy. His best TE option is a cast off TE nobody else wanted, up until last year it was 4 years in the league and 4 different teams. Fitz needs someone other then QB-RB-WR Brad Smith at that #2 WR position.

The O line is piecemeal of 2-3 guys that were waiver wire cast off scrubs from other teams, Wood & Bell can't stay healthy and stay on the field. Currently the Bills have one top linemen that is dependable and his play suffers because of the lack of talent around him. Wood could be a pro bowler if he ever can finish a season on the roster and not on IR. IDC what anyone says, this line needs some serious upgrades in order to protect Fitz properly, and allow him to finally have time to throw those 5-7 step drops on a regular basis. The time in the pocket like Drew Brees has, like Tom Brady has, like so many other top QB's have. Even getting the ball out in under 2 seconds didn't stop Fitz from getting hit so often.

Then there is the play calling, Gailey called plays last season just about as bad as Turk Schonert and BVP did in years past. Its like all he knew was shotgun passing plays over and over. Even with Fitz hurting with a rib injury, instead of a ground and pound attack it was continually pass pass pass. Gailey did the same crap in KC with Thigpin, that KC offense moved the ball around and gained a bunch of passing yards and yet only won 2 games. Gailey needs to stop forcing Fitz to win games and start utilizing the RB he selected with a first round pick in 2010. A one-two punch of Spiller- Jackson could be an unbeatable combo.

We know Fitz is good enough and can do the job, look at the games in 2010 against the Ravens- Bengals- Steelers, 2011 against the Patriots and NY Giants. Its a team game and Fitz needs a better offense around him.

youtube.com/watch?v=nGJWBWcFD_4

Watch the video, tell me. How many steps does Fitz take? How long does it take Fitz to take those steps? How many yards does Fitz throw the ball.... let me answer. 7 steps in 3 seconds Fitz threw a 50 yard pass, perfectly thrown right over the outside shoulder where the defender can't get to it. Fitz is good enough.

P.S. should the Bills draft talleywhacker you would finally see what I already know, that line is not near good enough.

It's a lot easier to get one player to improve the team versus improving everyone else around Fitz. One pass doesn't make up foe all the knuckle balls he throws cuz his arm isn't strong enough.

He will be on the roster after the draft. The Bills simply must answer your question in the Draft. I don't think a raw power with a 5cent head like Mallet fits Gailey's optimum QB profile. Regardless of what you think of them, I could easily see the Bills taking guys like Cousins or Moore. I think whoever it is will fit with who they have.

If mallet was so good, why did the Pats* keep Hoyer with a second round tender? They obviously don't feel comfortable with Mallet as their backup.

cuz QBs are valuable commodities that you can get extra picks for, so why let em go for nothing. As I said Mallett was a rookie.

Its a real shame that after all these years, we find a guy at QB who has enough tools to take us somewhere and people who supposed "fans" of the team want to run him out of town. Look, people, Jim Kelly ain't coming out that tunnel. Do you know how many teams are replacing Hall of Fame Qb's with Hall of Fame Qb's?

Not many. Its not like you just go pick one up. There are so many factors into finding a guy for your team. Just because John Elway worked out in Denver doesn't mean he would have in Baltimore, or if Marino had ended up in Oakland. There are lots of guys who come out of college with "all the tools" to succeed. It takes more than tools and attitudes. Its a team game. Kelly doesn't put up crazy numbers in Buffalo if we don't have Reed, Thomas, crazy good OLine, outstanding defense, etc.

But, yeah, let's all crap on the one guy who finally has made the Bills respectable since 2003. I'm right on board. :wallbash:

I don't think the recreational drug use is why mallet fell to the third round. Him being 10 times the statue bledsoe ever was is a bigger reason why. The guy has a great arm, but I see him getting sacked a lot when and if he plays in the nfl

I still think the meth.

The nfl doesn't like meth.

Its a real shame that after all these years, we find a guy at QB who has enough tools to take us somewhere and people who supposed "fans" of the team want to run him out of town. Look, people, Jim Kelly ain't coming out that tunnel. Do you know how many teams are replacing Hall of Fame Qb's with Hall of Fame Qb's?

Not many. Its not like you just go pick one up. There are so many factors into finding a guy for your team. Just because John Elway worked out in Denver doesn't mean he would have in Baltimore, or if Marino had ended up in Oakland. There are lots of guys who come out of college with "all the tools" to succeed. It takes more than tools and attitudes. Its a team game. Kelly doesn't put up crazy numbers in Buffalo if we don't have Reed, Thomas, crazy good OLine, outstanding defense, etc.

But, yeah, let's all crap on the one guy who finally has made the Bills respectable since 2003. I'm right on board. :wallbash:

I support Fitz since he is our starting quarterback. Put saying we are "respectable" with a guy that has a losing record as a starter is a little over the top man.