John Murphy to host nightly show on WGR?

BRAWNDO

It appears that John Murphy will be leaving Channel 4 in Buffalo to work full time for the Bills. Some of his duties may include hosting a nightly radio show on WGR550 to discuss the Bills and other topics from around the NFL. I know that WGR, particularity Schopp and the Bulldog gets a lot of flack on this board, most of it deserved. However I do have to say that since WGR has become the new flagship station for the Bills, their Bills coverage has improved immensely. Joe Buscaglia, Sal Capaccio and Brad Riter filling in have been nice additions to the on air staff.

My link

FWIW This info comes from Alan Pergament, who was the Buffalo News T.V. columnist prior to his retirement.

I agree with you 100%. Their Bills coverage this offseason has been tremendous. The Mario Williams drama was spectacular radoi and they were all great. I think, for obvious reasons WGR is such a great fit for the Bills.

That is really interesting about Murph. Thanks for the link

Much of the reason WGR was so bad was the raging hard-on they had for the Bills. Schopp, Bulldog and Sullivan would make any Buffalo fan shove Phillips screwdrivers into their ears. They are definitely better and more enjoyable to listen to, though I still don't get Bulldog's appeal.

PTR

Get the old band back together!

Murph would be a major upgrade to the the nightly sports talk airwaves. Get Brad to produce, bring in a few solid football guys like the old Monday Night QB crew (Mark Gaughan in the Larry felser chair, Vic Carucci for national perspective, etc.) and I might be able to listen to local sports radio again...

My opinion of their opinion is that the coverage has been way above average simply because the news and sequence of events for the Bills has been way above average. Things went right and great for the Bills and the hosts, like most of us, are thrilled with the outcome, so they are preaching to the choir. If, for example, Mario had left town without signing, their coverage would have been entirely unbearable.

I'm glad they got the Bills gig back, because I always thought their lack of coverage was completely due to that fact, and if they are the only real station in town it sucks. So now that the team is part of the flagship, the coverage will be as much as the Sabres coverage. Murph should be a welcomed addition to a non existent night time slot.

It appears that John Murphy will be leaving Channel 4 in Buffalo to work full time for the Bills. Some of his duties may include hosting a nightly radio show on WGR550 to discuss the Bills and other topics from around the NFL. I know that WGR, particularity Schopp and the Bulldog gets a lot of flack on this board, most of it deserved. However I do have to say that since WGR has become the new flagship station for the Bills, their Bills coverage has improved immensely. Joe Buscaglia, Sal Capaccio and Brad Riter filling in have been nice additions to the on air staff.

My link

FWIW This info comes from Alan Pergament, who was the Buffalo News T.V. columnist prior to his retirement.

:thumbsup:

The good news is that Murph apparently wouldn't be a 'GR employee, so Entercom's consultant-driven "generic sports talk radio" playbook wouldn't apply.

Hallelujah...

That says "a radio arrangement similar to the one former Buffalo News and NFL.com reporter Vic Carucci has with the Cleveland Browns and their flagship station."

Does anybody know what Vic's arrangement is? Does he do a show every night? Is it only during the football season?

That says "a radio arrangement similar to the one former Buffalo News and NFL.com reporter Vic Carucci has with the Cleveland Browns and their flagship station."

Does anybody know what Vic's arrangement is? Does he do a show every night? Is it only during the football season?

He is on Mon thru Fri.

My link

Apparently all year long.

My link

Cleveland?! that traitor