More Hot Air From Brian Galliford

Lurker

Have you actually read the article and tried to comprehend the reasoning?

I, for my part, thuroughly enjoy Brian Galliford's writing and am very thankful for the effort he puts into maintaining his excellent site.

Yes, I read it. And I stand by my comments...

I really enjoy Buffalo Rumblings, but I thought that was a square peg, round hole argument.

Floyd was the superior pick there, although you never know if Nix is going to surprise with a Melvin Ingram or DeCastro selection at 10. It could be either Martin or Floyd. I think Floyd is a stud. Martin is not a stud, but he fills a need. We'll see what happens.

I really enjoy Buffalo Rumblings, but I thought that was a square peg, round hole argument.

Floyd was the superior pick there, although you never know if Nix is going to surprise with a Melvin Ingram or DeCastro selection at 10. It could be either Martin or Floyd. I think Floyd is a stud. Martin is not a stud, but he fills a need. We'll see what happens.

It will be BPA. Floyd, or Ingram are my guesses.

Galliford is an absolute hack. Knows absolutely nothing about football. Reminds me of Russ Brandon, a guy who only knows marketing, yet is in a position that you'd think he would know a lot about personnel. When you read Galliford's stuff it is easy to point out that he has never played football before pretty fast. Every year he makes the worst mock picks, to a point where I really don't understand why he continues. If he knew this would be a bad pick than why not just pick Floyd?

Galliford is an absolute hack. Knows absolutely nothing about football. Reminds me of Russ Brandon, a guy who only knows marketing, yet is in a position that you'd think he would know a lot about personnel. When you read Galliford's stuff it is easy to point out that he has never played football before pretty fast. Every year he makes the worst mock picks, to a point where I really don't understand why he continues. If he knew this would be a bad pick than why not just pick Floyd?

I'm not saying I agree with him but he explained pretty clearly why he picked Adams over Floyd in the article.

I'm not saying I agree with him but he explained pretty clearly why he picked Adams over Floyd in the article.

And it was clearly bad reasoning. When reasoning why he thinks Michael Adams will be the pick at LT he reasons that Nix loves massive size at tackle and then lists three players Nix brought in to play RT, which is almost always bigger size. Nix actually loves Bell at LT, he just doesn't love his injury history. Nix also just made an appointment to bring in Jonathan Martin who is tall but not massive, and yet no word on Adams.

Nix also likes smart guys and there is no indication of Adams being overly smart, he didn't even declare a major at Ohio State. Nix also likes guys from the South. Nix also likes versatility. Nix also likes consistency which Adams lacks. Nix also likes best player available to some extent. Nix also likes great character, and Adams has had both on field and off field issues.

He discounted Michael Floyd for off the field troubles and then blatantly decides to ignore the suspensions and issues with Adams with the brilliant reasoning of "I just think Nix isn't going to care about Adams issue but will about Floyd who by all accounts was a model citizen after his troubles (something almost all college kids do). WTF? He discounted Glenn who fits more of the stuff that Nix wants just because "I don't think Buddy thinks of him as a tackle" even though a lot of NFL GMs do, there is no reason not to, and Brian says he has no insight into what Buddy is thinking.

He also doesn't seem to really care that virtually no one thinks Adams is top ten material. He doesn't himself.

And we know his history of being woefully wrong on these picks (Malcolm Floyd and Jimmy Clausen?)

And it was clearly bad reasoning.

Yeah, Brian is a terrible drafter. He knows it and admits it, though. Just look at his last few years worth of picks, HORRIBLE drafting.

Nix actually loves Bell at LT, he just doesn't love his injury history. Nix also just made an appointment to bring in Jonathan Martin who is tall but not massive, and yet no word on Adams.

I very much don't get the feeling that Nix loves Bell. I think that Nix tolerates Bell. IMO he feels that he's good enough to play for his team, but is REALLY annoyed that he can't stay healthy. He's shown that he likes him enough to offer him a contract. But I'd bet it's a pretty low contract. The fact that Nix brings someone in to an interview means just a bit more than nothing. Nix is thorough, and some of that is interviewing potential candidates. Even if there's little chance of them actually being the draft choice.

Nix also likes smart guys and there is no indication of Adams being overly smart, he didn't even declare a major at Ohio State. Nix also likes guys from the South. Nix also likes versatility. Nix also likes consistency which Adams lacks. Nix also likes best player available to some extent. Nix also likes great character, and Adams has had both on field and off field issues.

I think most of us agree that they'd rather have a smart guy over a dumb one. But I've always felt that Nix really wants reliable PLAYMAKERS in addition to the other facets. I think that other drafters ignore the reliable part and get themselves into trouble by believing too much in potential. That siren call of a high-ceiling, despite many other things that likely keep them from reaching that potential.

And we know his history of being woefully wrong on these picks (Malcolm Floyd and Jimmy Clausen?)

Yup, and this is just a story in the middle of now-wheres-ville off-season. Not something to be taken seriously. But Enjoyed his reasoning and his explanation of it. So that's the story for me.

Mock Draft -- 3/29/12

Way to get poor value from the #10 pick...

It's a very good site. No need to dog it with "hot air."

... yet he created a site which is actually pretty good. It's not as if anyone running this site played a high level. Show a little respect to someone who has tried his best to make a good site even if you disagree with his logic. "Absolute hack" -- yeesh. For chrissake, he's just a fan like all the rest of us.

It's a very good site. No need to dog it with "hot air."

... yet he created a site which is actually pretty good. It's not as if anyone running this site played a high level. Show a little respect to someone who has tried his best to make a good site even if you disagree with his logic. "Absolute hack" -- yeesh. For chrissake, he's just a fan like all the rest of us.

Tried reading the article and nearly went blind. The black type on the dark blue background is horrible. Why would someone take the time to create a site, then make the content unreadable?

I usually like what he writes, but I think he's completely missread Buddy Nix.

I think that the first pick will be a value pick, one that leaves a lot of people wondering why a higher need position wasn't selected.

I like Adams - in round 2. There are a number of other interesting players like James Brown, Zebrie Sanders, Jeff Allen, and Bobby Massie that could go in round 2 that I've seen listed in some publications. It just depends on how the Bills' scouting has graded them.