Marlin's Mock

Marlin's Six Round Mock 1.0 -- what do you think? Assumes: (i) Bell resigns, OR (ii) Buddy believes Hairston is servicable LT for this year.

1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College -- tackling machine, can cover TE's and play all 3 LB slots;

2. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers -- tough wideout, model citizen, plenty fast for Fitz's arm;

3. Luke Moselely, LT, Auburn -- quickly moving up the boards, prototypical LT size with Buddy's SEC roots;

4. Trumaine Johnson, CB,Montana -- Bills happy to see this fluid 6'2" corner there in the fourth; lacks blazing speed, but big upside;

4a Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M -- 4.48 speed compliments Johnson's size;

5. Devier Posey, WR, Ohio State -- has the tools, but must be developed;

5a. Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State -- risky due to shoulder injury, can get healthy while providing depth this year, better than Zeb Sanders;

6. Tank Carder, LB, TCU -- Instinctive, better athlete than credited; good value here.

Wouldn't mind picking up Moore with a 7th too.

Marlin's Six Round Mock 1.0 -- what do you think? Assumes: (i) Bell resigns, OR (ii) Buddy believes Hairston is servicable LT for this year.

1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College -- tackling machine, can cover TE's and play all 3 LB slots;

2. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers -- tough wideout, model citizen, plenty fast for Fitz's arm;

3. Luke Moselely, LT, Auburn -- quickly moving up the boards, prototypical LT size with Buddy's SEC roots;

4. Trumaine Johnson, CB,Montana -- Bills happy to see this fluid 6'2" corner there in the fourth; lacks blazing speed, but big upside;

5a. Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State -- risky due to shoulder injury, can get healthy while providing depth this year, better than Zeb Sanders;

6. Tank Carder, LB, TCU -- Instinctive, better athlete than credited; good value here.

good as any I`ve seen

Good mock, hit on all the major weaknesses. The only thing I can critique is I doubt that Trumaine Johnson is there in the 4th but stranger things have happened.

Nice work!

We have Trumaine #94 on the Big Board, and gone in RD3. Pretty good draft.

Nobody is going to like the first pick in the Bills DraftTek mock, but we'll have a new one up Friday with all the comp picks.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

I had a thought today that was both unrealistic and intruiguing. Say the Bills go WR in the first round - Floyd. What if an amazing WR talent was there in the second, too? They grab another - maybe Sanu - and are able to field 4 WR sets including S. Johnson, Floyd, Sanu, Easley, or one of Nelson, Parrish, or Jones. We'd instantly have one of the best, if not the best, four WR sets in the NFL. Now, I know how crazy that sounds, but what was intruiging about that was if the Bills really think Hairston can cut it at LT, and they believe their defense will cause a lot of turnovers and keep the opposition's point total down - by adding two amazing WR talents and giving themselves such a powerful WR corps - the options on offense would be unbelievable!!! We'd still have Freddy and Spiller! I mean, besides having a top end LT, our skill players on offense would compare to some of the best assembled in recent memory - we'd be like Green Bay or New Orleans, only with better running backs (albeit, worse QB).

So, as crazy as it sounded at first to me, the notion of having that much fire power would in some ways offset the loss of getting a top end LT. I think we could manage to find serviceable O-linemen and still have one of the best offenses in the league, and have all the positions locked down for years!

I just love all the options we have this year!

I had a thought today that was both unrealistic and intruiguing. Say the Bills go WR in the first round - Floyd. What if an amazing WR talent was there in the second, too? They grab another - maybe Sanu - and are able to field 4 WR sets including S. Johnson, Floyd, Sanu, Easley, or one of Nelson, Parrish, or Jones. We'd instantly have one of the best, if not the best, four WR sets in the NFL. Now, I know how crazy that sounds, but what was intruiging about that was if the Bills really think Hairston can cut it at LT, and they believe their defense will cause a lot of turnovers and keep the opposition's point total down - by adding two amazing WR talents and giving themselves such a powerful WR corps - the options on offense would be unbelievable!!! We'd still have Freddy and Spiller! I mean, besides having a top end LT, our skill players on offense would compare to some of the best assembled in recent memory - we'd be like Green Bay or New Orleans, only with better running backs (albeit, worse QB).

So, as crazy as it sounded at first to me, the notion of having that much fire power would in some ways offset the loss of getting a top end LT. I think we could manage to find serviceable O-linemen and still have one of the best offenses in the league, and have all the positions locked down for years!

I just love all the options we have this year!

So, your assessment of this "crazy" talent is based on your assumption that Floyd and Sanu are capable of being top WRs in the NFL.

Based only on what I've read (there is possibility of significant error here), I think Floyd is a VERY risky pick in round one and is not

guaranteed to be a top WR. While I like what I've read about Sanu and I am encouraged by his better-than-expected 40 times in his

recent pro-day, he only averaged a very pedestrian 10ypc in the stinking Big-East. MAYBE that was because his QB was bad or due to

limitations on their OL, but it raises concerns with me. James Hardy had tons of catches in the Big 10 - a much better conference than

Big East, and he flamed out despite having better size, too.

Good job Marlin. Addressing a lot of positions that could use depth. Our chances of getting Kalil with our first pick are probably less than 10%.

So, your assessment of this "crazy" talent is based on your assumption that Floyd and Sanu are capable of being top WRs in the NFL.

Based only on what I've read (there is possibility of significant error here), I think Floyd is a VERY risky pick in round one and is not

guaranteed to be a top WR. While I like what I've read about Sanu and I am encouraged by his better-than-expected 40 times in his

recent pro-day, he only averaged a very pedestrian 10ypc in the stinking Big-East. MAYBE that was because his QB was bad or due to

limitations on their OL, but it raises concerns with me. James Hardy had tons of catches in the Big 10 - a much better conference than

Big East, and he flamed out despite having better size, too.

And what have you read? Did you bother to look at his stats, or watch a single game tape? He's as dominant a receiver as I've seen at the college level