Kuechly, Floyd, or Gilmore

KOKBILLS

Just one...No write-ins...Just interested...  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

I voted for Gilmore. I'm a SC fan, I'm high on him and Jeffrey. Kuechly is a good player but not good value at #10 IMO and I'm not 100% positive Floyd will be there at #10 or worth the #10. That being said,a CB like Gilmore could definitely be worth it.

I really want to know who came up with this "tackle downfield" line about fletcher and poz. I think its a laughable description cause when they leave here the other teams love them playing ILB for them and they continue to rack up tackles. I mean who came up with it?

That actually was true about Poz. He would hold on after a five yard gain and get credit for the tackle.

That write-up doesn't really refute the argument that Keuchly is not a physical player.

Nowhere is he described as a physical player and the criticisms that he's basically another Poz/Fletcher with inflated tackle numbers downfield is never really refuted… the only counterpoint to that criticism is that Keuchly had 12 tackles for loss. That's not the same as saying he's a physical, dominating linebacker.

Yes it does...

He is able to avoid trash at his knees and is elite when it comes to shedding blockers.

To shed blockers you have to be physical and technically sound. He doesn't say it in your face but in context, he says Kuechly is a physical player.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Lots of Gilmore talk on NFL Network tonight...He seems to be a big-time riser right now...Just about everybody asked said he should go higher than Kirkpatrick...They were raving about Gilmore's toughness and willingness to mix it up...He's a heck of a good athlete...Great size for a CB...And he stayed healthy...Definitely a good Prospect... B-)

Amen to Gilmore. His numbers beat Aaron Williams's virtually across the board. This would be a huge addition to the defense. Good CB's make DE's better and vice-versa. He also is a KR.

Keller, Marshall, Fasano, Gronkowski & Hernandez means that the Bills need a tough extra CB, even in nickel to press and cover over the top of TE's and big WR's.

"Intangibles: Quiet, hard-working player who consistently gets praises from coaches and teammates about his work ethic and attitude. Puts in time in the film room, knows his opponents and defensive scheme inside and out. No worries about on-field effort, brings tenacious attitude on every play." - CBS

Of the 3, my vote is for Kuechly then Gilmore with Floyd a distant third.

My reasoning is that most ratings of the 3 that I think are good, rate these guys about equal in talent and

Kuechly seems like the safest or "lowest floor" guy of the 3. Gilmore seems to be second with outstanding

athletic ability at a position of need. Just my opinion, but I'd avoid Floyd like the plague because of the off-field

risk. I am NOT saying he will get in trouble in the NFL, but rather saying that I don't see him as a MUCH better

talent than the alternatives and I see his risk as greater.

Mayock knows his stuff

I say Gilmore....mostly because there appear to be some really good WR's that might slip to 2nd....

You put Gilmore and Williams together out there and this defense might go for stretches where the opposition scores 0-3 points

How 'bout this? Assume you resign Bell. Let's go BPA at CB, WR, OLB, then take TE and QB in RD4:

1 10 Buffalo Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

2 41 Buffalo Mohamed Sanu WRF Rutgers

3 72 Buffalo Audie Cole OLB43 North Carolina State

4 106 Buffalo Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State

4 125 Buffalo Brian Linthicum TE Michigan State

5 138 Buffalo Joe Adams WRS Arkansas

5 141 Buffalo Tank Carder OLB43 TCU

6 170 Buffalo Andrew Datko ROT Florida State

7 204 Buffalo Tyrone Crawford DE43 Boise State

7 251 Buffalo Jeff Adams LOT Columbia

How 'bout this? Assume you resign Bell. Let's go BPA at CB, WR, OLB, then take TE and QB in RD4:

1 10 Buffalo Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

2 41 Buffalo Mohamed Sanu WRF Rutgers

3 72 Buffalo Audie Cole OLB43 North Carolina State

4 106 Buffalo Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State

4 125 Buffalo Brian Linthicum TE Michigan State

5 138 Buffalo Joe Adams WRS Arkansas

5 141 Buffalo Tank Carder OLB43 TCU

6 170 Buffalo Andrew Datko ROT Florida State

7 204 Buffalo Tyrone Crawford DE43 Boise State

7 251 Buffalo Jeff Adams LOT Columbia

Astro.....just watched some video on Mohamed Sanu. I come away very impressed. Physical as hell, too.

Playing at Rutgers, how will this translate at the next level?

Where are you guys getting your information to back up the theory that Kuechly is soft? I'd love to see it..

My own two eyes. Trust me I was stoked to watch him this because of his high preseason rankings and our need for LBs. I was hoping to be impressed and at first I blew off his gentleness but after awhile it was like is this guys trying not crack the ball handlers. He made a bout load of tackles but many were 5 yrds down the field and he always grabbed the guy around the waist and pulled them down on himself :o . He has great instincts but isn't a game changer, we could get the same player but way more physical although not as fast in Tank Carder.

My own two eyes. Trust me I was stoked to watch him this because of his high preseason rankings and our need for LBs. I was hoping to be impressed and at first I blew off his gentleness but after awhile it was like is this guys trying not crack the ball handlers. He made a bout load of tackles but many were 5 yrds down the field and he always grabbed the guy around the waist and pulled them down on himself :o . He has great instincts but isn't a game changer, we could get the same player but way more physical although not as fast in Tank Carder.

I'm not saying we will Draft Kuechly, or that we should...But all due respect, I'll trust guys like Mayock and their analysis any day...

And to be honest I think everyone is getting WAY too carried away with this physical thing concerning Kuechly...And I'm not saying the Kid is the next Lewis or Willis whatsoever...He's a different kind of Prospect...He's VERY quick and instinctive...He's fast for a LB and REAL good in coverage...This is a passing league more than it's ever been...LB's that can play all 3 Downs are like gold now! In the NFL you can find 100's of plays every year where a LB tries to blow up the ball carrier only to see the guy bounce off and take it for another 10-20 yds...It happens every week...You also see LB's in the NFL take terrible angles and miss Tackles in the backfield constantly...Kuechly is said to be instinctive and tough in this area...He's got a sterling reputation as a very good tackler...Kuechly's job as a LB is to make the tackle and that's what he did by any means necessary...

As far as making all these Tackles 5 yards down the field...He's not a DT...He's a LB...Do you know what his assignment was?...The fact he was where he was could have just as much to do with Coaching and scheme as anything...Something Pro Scouts talk to the Coaches about ad nauseam...And most Scouts rave about Kuechly overall...So I'm guessing he was dead on his assignments more often than not...Is he the perfect Prospect LB? Of course not...But I don't think this Kid is soft...He's just smart...

And again I'm not saying The Bills need to take Kuechly...I'd rather see them take Gilmore to be honest...But I think Kuechly is being over-Scouted by some...He looks to be a pretty safe bet...Just saying... B-)