Marcus McNeil

I'm sure that this has been brought up in other posts but why don't we look at Marcus McNeil especially with Buddy having ties to him. He's only 28 i'm surprised he hasn't gotten more play in free agency. Why don't we look at him to sign for about a 2 year contract shouldn't cost to much.

I'm sure that this has been brought up in other posts but why don't we look at Marcus McNeil especially with Buddy having ties to him. He's only 28 i'm surprised he hasn't gotten more play in free agency. Why don't we look at him to sign for about a 2 year contract shouldn't cost to much.

My guess is he wants more than you think, and maybe it's an injury situation as well... B-)

This one is fishy, he was All Pro quality for Phillip Rivers not more than two years ago, and now can't garner any interest on the open market?! I suspect injury is a HUGE red flag for him, unfortunately!! My major question is what visits has he made and to who, and what was the hang-up? Did he fail a physical? Asking for way too much money?

This one is fishy, he was All Pro quality for Phillip Rivers not more than two years ago, and now can't garner any interest on the open market?! I suspect injury is a HUGE red flag for him, unfortunately!! My major question is what visits has he made and to who, and what was the hang-up? Did he fail a physical? Asking for way too much money?

He visited the lions - who then turned around and signed Backus instead. He also claimed to have visits to Atlanta and KC lined up but don't think they ever came to pass. Like you said, it does smell fishy. No harm in bringing him in for a chat/physical though - at worst it puts a bit of pressure on Bell.

He has a degenerative spinal disorder. He failed his exit physical in SD. Yes Nix was responsible for his pick, him being an SEC scout and McNiel from Auburn, but he isn't the same player he was then more than likely.

My guess is he wants more than you think, and maybe it's an injury situation as well... B-)

My guess is Buddy Nix doesn't know how to use a phone and isn't capable of reaching McNeil. Why wouldn't you at least talk to his agent and find out what kind of money he is looking for?

Exactly. Buddy doesn't know how to use a phone. :flirt:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly, did you ever listen to Nix talk? Tell me he didn't drop out of school in the third grade! I'm wondering who ties his shoes for him.

McNeil showed skill early in his career, but that was then...

I have watched almost all of the SD games for the last 3 years. McNeil has been oft injured, including permanent damage, but forget about that. When healthy the guy is a penalty machine and inconsistent in pass protection. If he could be had on the very cheap he might be worth a shot, but like Merriman, he hasn't shown talent in quite some time. I had no doubt SD was not going to bring him back, for good reason.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly, did you ever listen to Nix talk? Tell me he didn't drop out of school in the third grade! I'm wondering who ties his shoes for him.

Making assumptions like that you are definitely not The Kidd, just a kid. Remember, a head is more than just a place to hang your hat. :lol:

We took a shot at Shawn "Good Gamble" Merriman. Why not.

He has a degenerative spinal disorder. He failed his exit physical in SD. Yes Nix was responsible for his pick, him being an SEC scout and McNiel from Auburn, but he isn't the same player he was then more than likely.

He failed his physical with SD before being cut.

He missed most of last season with a Head/Neck injury and has Spinal Stenosis.

In all honesty, he should not be allowed to play again, for his own safety.

Boy I'm glad it was someone else's turn. I hate typing the same thing more than 2-3 times.

Also as one of our esteemed posters asked a few weeks ago in a different Marcus McNeil thread,

"Why would Buddy want to replace an injury-prone left tackle with an injury-prone left tackle?"

Hopefully we don't have to put out this stubborn little fire anymore.

I've listened to Buddy talk and I'm positive he would talk circles around you. You sound like an idiot