Goal posts

The goal posts were lowered deliberately by RWS staff after last season's victory over New England*. I was at the game and I did not see anyone even try to get on the field, which is a good thing. As "fun" as tearing the goalposts down sounds, it's at the very least a waste of money, and at the worst dangerous.

PTR

Taking goal posts down and generally storming field/court is not really something that happens in pro-sports anymore. Although if we did it the national media would just talk about how great Buffalo is and how it's like a college atmosphere for pro-football so it could be worth it. That said, I wouldn't want to be involved.

The goal posts were lowered deliberately by RWS staff after last season's victory over New England*. I was at the game and I did not see anyone even try to get on the field, which is a good thing. As "fun" as tearing the goalposts down sounds, it's at the very least a waste of money, and at the worst dangerous.

That was the absolute right decision. Respected the fans and tradition but also made it a controlled take-down to avoid injuries. :thumbsup:

That's several hundred pounds of metal, that once it has no support/grounding, falls very fast. And there is still no Edit -> Undo button in real life.

PTR

They lined the field with enough cops to storm Normandy when Freddy got to the 1 haha. Thats when I knew we had it :)

They lined the field with enough cops to storm Normandy when Freddy got to the 1 haha. Thats when I knew we had it :)

I had been maintaining that whole day that if we won, the goalposts were coming down. My seats are in the tunnel end zone and I was totally prepared for a mob of people come rushing down. The voluntary take down and police army kind of put an end to that right away. Probably for the best.

Edited by biglukes

There was a very windy game a couple of years back where they almost came down without being touched.

IIRC, that was a season-ender vs. the Pats. Snow, strong wind and super-cold. Almost every play was a run.

The goalposts were listing ~20 degrees off-angle. As I remember, they kept trying to straighten them during breaks through the early part of the game, and then the announcers said they would only be straightened out if either team were attempting a FG.

IIRC, that was a season-ender vs. the Pats. Snow, strong wind and super-cold. Almost every play was a run.

The goalposts were listing ~20 degrees off-angle. As I remember, they kept trying to straighten them during breaks through the early part of the game, and then the announcers said they would only be straightened out if either team were attempting a FG.

Sounds right. A part of the roof of the Field House was torn off as well.

There was a very windy game a couple of years back where they almost came down without being touched.

Dec 28th, 2008 against the Pats, I took a couple videos. The only game I can remember where I stayed in the car until the gates opened, rather than my usual roaming the parking lot....

Sounds right. A part of the roof of the Field House was torn off as well.

That's because Hammer didn't install it. If I remember right, that was the second time since the FH was built in the mid 90's that the roof was peeled back by high winds.

**Trivia - The Buffalo Bills Field House was originally called the Ralph Wilson Field House. The name was changed after the stadium re-naming from Rich to RW.

I had been maintaining that whole day that if we won, the goalposts were coming down. My seats are in the tunnel end zone and I was totally prepared for a mob of people come rushing down. The voluntary take down and police army kind of put an end to that right away. Probably for the best.

What section? Im 126 row 17

PTR

Nobody tore it down probably because they knew RW wasn't at the game because of the hip.