if you were Buddy who would you pick?

Ove the years that I've been on this site all I hear is they should have picked this guy or that guy. I will admit strait up front that I'm not one to watch college football so I don't have a clue. Life is too busy for that.

With that said here is what I am asking. It is the 10th pick and your are Buddy Nix. For some odd reason all the players are still available. Who do you take? Not who is available but who do you pick. We can then follow these choices through the year no matter what team they are on to see if you would have made a good choice if you were the one making that choice. This will eliminate the 'I would have', or they they should haves'' in November and December. If you want to throw round two or three in that would be fine too. Have fun with this guys and gals. GO BILLS and GO FANS! :thumbsup:

PS. This is not meant to be your wrong I'm right forum but just your pick and possibly why.

Edited by fansince88

My pick is Dontario Poe. Yes, you can never have enough pass rushers or run stoppers. Mario Williams -Poe, Williams & Dareous. That line would free up our LBs to attack the run and QB. I know you all disagree, but we need line depth after losing Kyle to injury most of last season. 2-3 rounds should be 2 LB that weight over 245 lbs. I say we sign Marcus McNeil to sure up the LT spot. if, not Poe. I would go with the Guard from Stanford. Either one is a solid pick. Build the lines and then you can dominate your division.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/dontari-poe/

If EVERYONE is available, Andrew Luck. who will we have a shot at...Floyd- and why, because he is that much better than all other WR after Blackmon. I feel Floyd is a solid 2nd best WR. Kuechly is a close 2nd. I believe in the BPA, but it should be BPA in a need position. Kirkpatrick runs third, you can only have so many defensive linemen on the field, but its not uncommon to see 6 DBs.

My pick is Dontario Poe. Yes, you can never have enough pass rushers or run stoppers. Mario Williams -Poe, Williams & Dareous. That line would free up our LBs to attack the run and QB. I know you all disagree, but we need line depth after losing Kyle to injury most of last season. 2-3 rounds should be 2 LB that weight over 245 lbs. I say we sign Marcus McNeil to sure up the LT spot. if, not Poe. I would go with the Guard from Stanford. Either one is a solid pick. Build the lines and then you can dominate your division.

http://fifthdown.blo...ag/dontari-poe/

Perhaps you're aware or maybe not, that Poe is considered an underachiever.

He should have been a dominant player in college and he was not.

If EVERYONE is available, Andrew Luck. who will we have a shot at...Floyd- and why, because he is that much better than all other WR after Blackmon. I feel Floyd is a solid 2nd best WR. Kuechly is a close 2nd. I believe in the BPA, but it should be BPA in a need position. Kirkpatrick runs third, you can only have so many defensive linemen on the field, but its not uncommon to see 6 DBs.

Kuechly-Floyd-KirkPOTrick, in that order.

BTW, you guys must have not understood the OP.

He said we could pick anyone in this draft class.

I would pick RGIII.

I think the poster was looking for realistic guesses as to who would be available at #10. We would all pick either Luck or RG if we could chose from anyone...

I think we will draft based on position. For example, a mock draft today at RB Trent Richardson being available at #10, but I doubt we would pick him. I have to believe that QB, RB, DT, S and TE are off the table....

So I think the realistic candidates are Floyd (WR), Kirkpatrick (CB), Ingram (DE), Reiff (OT), Keuchly (LB) or DeCastro (G). My guess is that they will pick Reiff,... but I hope its Floyd or Kirkpatrick. If all 6 of these are available when we pick, I hope we can find a way to trade back a few slots.

Edited by cage

You mean except that Calvin Johnson was an absolute stud WR already, too?

They are both tall WRs with speed, adept a running fly patterns in the triple option. If Hill is willing to put forth the effort to develop his game like Johnson is, there is no reason to think that he can't be one of the most feared receivers in the game.

With that said here is what I am asking. It is the 10th pick and your are Buddy Nix. For some odd reason all the players are still available. Who do you take? Not who is available but who do you pick. We can then follow these choices through the year no matter what team they are on to see if you would have made a good choice if you were the one making that choice. This will eliminate the 'I would have', or they they should haves'' in November and December. If you want to throw round two or three in that would be fine too. Have fun with this guys and gals. GO BILLS and GO FANS! :thumbsup:

Bolded above is why there is confusion in this thread.

Anyways I said RGIII.

Ove the years that I've been on this site all I hear is they should have picked this guy or that guy. I will admit strait up front that I'm not one to watch college football so I don't have a clue. Life is too busy for that.

PS. This is not meant to be your wrong I'm right forum but just your pick and possibly why.

The odd confusion is.. everyone passed ? RGIII,, Andrew Luck Matt Kalil, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne in that order.

1st choice - Luck by a bit over RGIII...

Real World - Floyd by a nose over Keuechly...I think Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson, Poe, and Tannehill will all go before the Bills Pick...Who the 9th prospect will be is a mystery to me right now (maybe Coples if a Team gets desperate for a DE, Reiff if someone wants an OT)...I don't think any of the OT's after Kalil is worthy of #10 overall...I definitely don't want The Bills to Draft an interior O-Lineman, so DeCastro is out...So I think it comes down to Floyd or Keuechly...I go with Floyd because he's more likely to provide an impact as a Rookie...And it's a REAL big need for The Bills... B-)

If I could pick any player(s) they would be Blackmon and Kalil (Luck and RGIII are great as well but I would rather have had Cam last year)...

If we're talking realistic players we can get it in any round that I think will be great pros and for our team are:

Cordy Glenn (most versatile OL in the draft and I think he will eventually make a beast LT)

Melvin Ingram (even though we don't need him anymore, he'll make some team happy)

Stephen Hill (great upside and with the right coach and QB could be a top 10 WR someday)

Lavonte David (Very quick and always seems to be around the ball)

Russell Wilson (If he were a few inches taller he'd be a 1st rounder, Why not take a chance on a guy who could be a more athletic Flutie with stronger arm)

Tank Carder (another late round guy who is a gamer)

Michael Egnew (Like him as a Dallas Clark type TE but needs to learn how to block)

Lastly a few guys I like and think have great upside but haven't watched enough to be put in above list:

Michael Floyd (Beast of WR and would be happy getting him just haven't watched alot of ND games)

Dontari Poe (would suck to miss on the next Ngata which he could be)

Brock Osweiler (If we're taking a QB kind of high this is the guy I'd want to sit behind Fitz for a couple years. He's big, athletic, and a leader)

Zach Brown (great athlete but haven't seen enough games to know how his coverage ability is)

Janoris Jenkins (Best chance of being a shutdown CB in this draft but not sure he's got the maturity)

Guys I do not want and think are overrated:

Alshon Jeffrey (Great athlete who seems to always come down with the ball on jump balls but seems to take a lot of plays off)

Courtney Upshaw (No Way...most overrated 1st rounder. Great College player and will be good against the run but won't live up to hype in NFL)

Mike Adams (Such a big man and would be great fit if he looked like he had some kind of mauler or competitive insticts)

Dre Kirkpatrick (He's a good CB but not top 20 good...he's tall but won't be great man to man coverage)

1332654841[/url]' post='2421398']

If I could pick any player(s) they would be Blackmon and Kalil (Luck and RGIII are great as well but I would rather have had Cam last year)...

If we're talking realistic players we can get it in any round that I think will be great pros and for our team are:

Cordy Glenn (most versatile OL in the draft and I think he will eventually make a beast LT)

Melvin Ingram (even though we don't need him anymore, he'll make some team happy)

Stephen Hill (great upside and with the right coach and QB could be a top 10 WR someday)

Lavonte David (Very quick and always seems to be around the ball)

Russell Wilson (If he were a few inches taller he'd be a 1st rounder, Why not take a chance on a guy who could be a more athletic Flutie with stronger arm)

Tank Carder (another late round guy who is a gamer)

Michael Egnew (Like him as a Dallas Clark type TE but needs to learn how to block)

Lastly a few guys I like and think have great upside but haven't watched enough to be put in above list:

Michael Floyd (Beast of WR and would be happy getting him just haven't watched alot of ND games)

Dontari Poe (would suck to miss on the next Ngata which he could be)

Brock Osweiler (If we're taking a QB kind of high this is the guy I'd want to sit behind Fitz for a couple years. He's big, athletic, and a leader)

Zach Brown (great athlete but haven't seen enough games to know how his coverage ability is)

Janoris Jenkins (Best chance of being a shutdown CB in this draft but not sure he's got the maturity)

Guys I do not want and think are overrated:

Alshon Jeffrey (Great athlete who seems to always come down with the ball on jump balls but seems to take a lot of plays off)

Courtney Upshaw (No Way...most overrated 1st rounder. Great College player and will be good against the run but won't live up to hype in NFL)

Mike Adams (Such a big man and would be great fit if he looked like he had some kind of mauler or competitive insticts)

Dre Kirkpatrick (He's a good CB but not top 20 good...he's tall but won't be great man to man coverage)

Maybe I missed something, as I stopped reading your post after the 1st sentence. You would rather have a very good/great Wr or LT than a great qb? I just don't understand that thought process in the least. Luck and rg3 over everyone BY FAR, I'd trade every pick in this years draft plus our 1st 3 picks next year for either of them. It would be the easiest decision I'd ever have to make in my life. Duffs or anchor bar?

If the OP were to have asked, which player, that has a chance to be on the board when the bills are on the clock, would you select if you were buddy, I'd answer. Ryan Tannehill. After him it would be (if luck, rg3, kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne were off the board) Michael floyd, Luke kuechly, dre Kirkpatrick in that order.

Here is what happens every October to December. We draft someone and so many here say, oh we should have picked MR X. But that is after the fact. How do we know you would have picked MR X if he was available or are you just saying that because MR X turned out to be a stud. So yes lets keep it realistic.

Maybe I missed something, as I stopped reading your post after the 1st sentence. You would rather have a very good/great Wr or LT than a great qb? I just don't understand that thought process in the least. Luck and rg3 over everyone BY FAR, I'd trade every pick in this years draft plus our 1st 3 picks next year for either of them. It would be the easiest decision I'd ever have to make in my life. Duffs or anchor bar?

If the OP were to have asked, which player, that has a chance to be on the board when the bills are on the clock, would you select if you were buddy, I'd answer. Ryan Tannehill. After him it would be (if luck, rg3, kalil, Blackmon or Claiborne were off the board) Michael floyd, Luke kuechly, dre Kirkpatrick in that order.

Never said I'd rather have a great WR/LT over a great QB. I just feel Blackmon and Kalil are the most sure thing bets in the draft. RGIII and Luck are once in a lifetime QB prospects and would be thrilled to take one but if I had a choice I'd take Cam Newton over both of them (damn Luck for not coming out last year and he'd be ours)...

Oh and I'd take Anchor Bar wings over Duffs everytime!

Edited by NeverOutNick