Claiborne - possible slip to #10?

So PFT is reporting that Claiborne will need wrist surgery due to an injury he sustained during the regular season game against Alabama. That said, he apparently had an excellent day at his Pro Day. Now, if he drops to #10 because of the injury concern, do you think Nix should draft him?

I would draft him or Floyd....

If it were a lower body or shoulder injury I could see questions cropping up. But his wrist injury won't allow him to drop at all. If he's there at 10, it's a no brainer for Nix and Co.

GO BILLS!!!

So PFT is reporting that Claiborne will need wrist surgery due to an injury he sustained during the regular season game against Alabama. That said, he apparently had an excellent day at his Pro Day. Now, if he drops to #10 because of the injury concern, do you think Nix should draft him?

Yes, I think the Bills should take Claiborne if he is there. I wouldn't really care if he wasn't available after surgery until into the regular season.

The talent gap between Claiborne and anyone else likely to be available to the Bills is very big (IMHO based on my reading).

I really don't get the love that Floyd is getting on this board. Yeah, he is big and faster than advertised, but there is just something about him

that bothers me. I think it might be that he almost got kicked off of his college team for his 3rd alcohol infraction. One or maybe even 2 alcohol

related problems in college isn't that surprising, but I think it is a big red flag that he let yet another incident nearly erase his last year in college.

I get that people sometimes mature and outgrow that sort of stuff, but when I look at Floyd I don't see the kind of truly elite playmaker that

is worth overlooking a potentially serious problem.

I think my opinion is similar on Dre Kirkpatrick. He is good-very good, but not so special that I want to overlook off-field problems and take him

high. Heck, even without off-field problems, I don't think he is so good that he would be a slam dunk to be in the conversation at 10.

I think it might be that he almost got kicked off of his college team for his 3rd alcohol infraction. One or maybe even 2 alcohol

related problems in college isn't that surprising, but I think it is a big red flag that he let yet another incident nearly erase his last year in college.

I get that people sometimes mature and outgrow that sort of stuff...

It worked for BRUUUUUUUUCE! Just kidding. I agree with your assessment.

I have zero expectations of him making it to #10. It is, as a number of others have stated, a no-brainer to pick him if he does. Kind of like Dareus falling last year.

And, as for who grabs him before #10, the Fins or the Bucs have huge holes at CB. Claiborne walks on as an elite starter. Kind of a given.

The Bills would Draft Claiborne at #10, if he was there, 10 out of 10 times...

The problem is he's not going to be there...Period...This will effect Claiborne's status the same way Julius Jones foot injury effected his Draft status...In other words...It won't effect Claiborne, or his probable Top 5 projection, one bit...

It's good to dream though... ;)

Edited by KOKBILLS

So who takes him? The Fins? Or a team that trades up (hopefully with us)?

He'll likely go 4 or 5 whether by one of those teams sitting there or by someone willing to trade up and get him. Smart money is on the Bucs at 5. It would be a huge shock if he made it to 10. If by some miracle he did, I can't see the Bills trading out. They'd grab him in a heartbeat, IMO. He's that good.

If he is the #1 corner in the draft then i say get him , we are looking to upgrade or at least get younger at the position ..

I would say even though Buddy redid Mcgees contract if they could get him we could keep Mckelvin for KOR (kick off returns) & send Mcgee packing & save the money from his contract . The guy is & was great when healthy but he hasn't been healthy a full year in 3 so cut our loses & let's go younger !!