Karzai Calls U.S. Troops "Demons"

Another liberal program that was destined to fail. It's tough to nation build when you're !@#$ing up so badly at home. It's time to admit that wars need to be about total conquest or short term message sending with no in between.

This could have been over a very long time ago with "leisure" bombing from Whiteman if anything even remotely serious started up. The U.S. Army is ill-equipped to handle engagements like this and the current version of public information warfare is virtually impossible to control because every tiny issue is so easily blown up.

Pull out. Warn sternly. Follow up if necessary. If we don't have the apparatus in place to monitor Afghanistan, then we never will. Oh, and once again a big thanks to the Clinton Administration for the Executive Order on asset recruitment. One of the all-time !@#$ ups in Presidential history.

This.

We leave immediately and in no uncertain terms, state that if another attack on the United States is staged from their Country, there wont BE an Afghanistan five minutes after the smoke clears.

We should have done this the first time. The US had the military and even more imporant moral RIGHT to use nukes at Tora Bora. That would have ended the war action immediately and sent THE message that the US is NOT to be !@#$ed with. But nah...we handed the action to the....lol....Northern Alliance. And the rest is History.

One of the all-time !@#$ ups in Presidential history.

Edited by RkFast

Afghanistan needed to happen. It has just been pathetically mismanaged by Bush, and now, Obama.

I don't think that Obama has what it takes to fix the situation. He just likes throwing around euphemisms like "de-escalation" and "draw down."

Afghanistan needed to happen. It has just been pathetically mismanaged by Bush, and now, Obama.

I don't think that Obama has what it takes to fix the situation. He just likes throwing around euphemisms like "de-escalation" and "draw down."

The Russians, too, right? They were there for a decade and couldn't win. So don't try to make it sound so easy.

In order to "win", you have to define what "winning" is.

Actually that's a pretty hard word to define. Why are we still there? Do we think we're going to change the way the people think/live over there? Are we there to install a democracy? Build a pipeline? Steal their opium? What? I still don't know.

Actually that's a pretty hard word to define. Why are we still there? Do we think we're going to change the way the people think/live over there? Are we there to install a democracy? Build a pipeline? Steal their opium? What? I still don't know.

Probably multiple reasons but containment of China/Russia is the reason that is given minimal publicity except with the Neocons setting it up it's as subtle as a bag of bricks- and speaking about a bag of bricks when I see Zbigniew Brzezinski interviewed it's pretty obvious he thinks the neocons are dumber than a bag of bricks and he's all for containment he just thinks the neocons are ham handed failures.

"Fix" what "situation" precisely? Most people's understanding of Afghanistan are based on a set of liberal (in the apolitical, "Age of Enlightment" sense) beliefs and principles that are completely inapplicable to Afghanistan.

I don't think anyone did when the decision was made to go in there and it doesn't seem to have changed (I have no data in either direction, it's simply my perception).

I've always been a big fan of bombing them into oblivion. Not really the popular way to wage war these days, but hey, I'm old school like that.

That's fun and all, but if you really want to go old school, just do what the Romans did to Carthage. Destroy their homes, salt their fields and remind them to have a nice day before leaving them to starve.

That's fun and all, but if you really want to go old school, just do what the Romans did to Carthage. Destroy their homes, salt their fields and remind them to have a nice day before leaving them to starve.

That sounds like you are a Zionist destroying property in the Occupied Territories. You do that there and it's No Justice.

Edited by GelMibson

That sounds like you are a Zionist destroying property in the Occupied Territories. You do that there and it's No Justice.

Hardly. I'm clearly a loyal subject of the Republic/Empire who felt the need to destroy a rival Mediterranean power who annoyed me. Elephants across the Alps? Really?

I say we assist Karzai and "cast out those demons," and on our way out of town we take any semblance of future aid with us.

We saw, we went there, we failed, we know enough to get out...NOW. Hopefully, we also learn the lesson that we must overcome our arrogance and not meddle in countries wherein we have not the slightest understanding of the prevailing culture.

Probably multiple reasons but containment of China/Russia is the reason that is given minimal publicity except with the Neocons setting it up it's as subtle as a bag of bricks- and speaking about a bag of bricks when I see Zbigniew Brzezinski interviewed it's pretty obvious he thinks the neocons are dumber than a bag of bricks and he's all for containment he just thinks the neocons are ham handed failures.

Well, you know, anyone who agrees with someone who believes that there should be a list made of Wall Street Wealthy people published, I mean an actual public published list, in order to publically coerce them, because you know they are rich, for the purpose of shaming them enough to distribute their wealth to the "people" is just batschitt crazy. So, I don't find it surprising that loons take anything Brzezinski says seriously. Just sayin'

Edited by Magox