DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

I'd love to see Anderson in a Bills uni. There's his talent, obviously, but he brings the added bonus of stealing from a division rival. Hope this gets done.

As for those of you who continue to predict Kelsay's demise... :doh:

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anderson is signed carrington is gone...he should be gone anyway, unless he can compete at dt...unlikely...I would love Anderson,merriman,kelsey,williams, and moats rotating DE...that is my ideal situation..maybe wrong, but I like it

LOL. Carrington is a DE Dude, and Moats is An OLB in the James Harrison mold! Wow

Go Bills!!!

Dwan doesn't have a true fit in a 4-3 defense. He's a career 3-4 DE. He will be the first one to go. Carrington was a 4-3 DE in college, I'm sure if he keeps the bulk he gained for 3-4 DE he can play DE AND DT.

Is Anderson any better than those guys? I'd keep my powder dry and look to upgrade the oline, WR or CBs with our remaining cap space

in this dried up free agent market, we're talking about depth signings, no one is going to break the bank.....bills can afford to kick some cash to anderson and still fill all those holes and while still having cash/cap space left over for draft picks and extensions.....but need to find the right match - no good to reach in free agency any more then the draft.......guys have to fit the system - and anderson clearly does

i'd personally like to see the bills add depth in several spots on the roster to create some competition - everyone was banging on when the injuries hit last year that they should have done more to add depth.....well, now is the time, not october/november when the injuries pile up.......jason brown is a great backup C/G who is looking for a job and with wood coming off a major injury woudl be a smart signing.....manny lawson could be brought in to compete with kirk morrison for the starting 3rd backer job, he's a good cover LB which is needed in that spot......jacob tamme is better then the bills backup TE and has a good set of hands, would give a good push to smith and caussin (who are nothing special)....anything that is not filled now can be addressed in the draft (i.e. nothing exciting in WR and CB to me) but while there are vets it's time to get involved

Bills fans are not used to the concept of stacking talent. It's a foreign concept <_< That hopefully will be righted in the coming years. People Our defensive coordinator made it clear he wants to mold this defense after The Giants. We're not cutting defensive ends just cause we may sign someone. Get used to having talented players on top of good players. This is a great thing enjoy it :thumbsup:

Exactly. It seems like every signing or concept of a signing has to be followed by a "who do we cut to kill our depth at that spot" discussion.

Edited by biglukes

in this dried up free agent market, we're talking about depth signings, no one is going to break the bank.....bills can afford to kick some cash to anderson and still fill all those holes and while still having cash/cap space left over for draft picks and extensions.....but need to find the right match - no good to reach in free agency any more then the draft.......guys have to fit the system - and anderson clearly does

i'd personally like to see the bills add depth in several spots on the roster to create some competition - everyone was banging on when the injuries hit last year that they should have done more to add depth.....well, now is the time, not october/november when the injuries pile up.......jason brown is a great backup C/G who is looking for a job and with wood coming off a major injury woudl be a smart signing.....manny lawson could be brought in to compete with kirk morrison for the starting 3rd backer job, he's a good cover LB which is needed in that spot......jacob tamme is better then the bills backup TE and has a good set of hands, would give a good push to smith and caussin (who are nothing special)....anything that is not filled now can be addressed in the draft (i.e. nothing exciting in WR and CB to me) but while there are vets it's time to get involved

Totally agree on Brown, given Woods injury history. But picking up Mario and Kyle's return means 2 starters from last year will sit and add depth. I'd like to see FA focus on WRs, we have Stevie and a bunch of unknowns. Pick the best of what's left like a Braylon Edwards, whose at least shown he can play at a very high level.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

There aren't. Lots of great food, but little in the way if fancy places.

If Anderson wants to show the Pats they made a mistake, no better place than to sign with the Bills.

PTR

I disagree and it's not just my Buffalo inferiority complex coming to the defense of the city. For a city the size of Buffalo, it hold's its own very well compared to a lot of other "dining destination" cities in the US. Is it NYC? No. San Fran? No. But I've ate meals in Buffalo that more than hold their own against some of the better restaurants in these cities. The local food movement has closed the culinary gap in many respects as long as fresh ingredients are being used.

Totally agree on Brown, given Woods injury history. But picking up Mario and Kyle's return means 2 starters from last year will sit and add depth. I'd like to see FA focus on WRs, we have Stevie and a bunch of unknowns. Pick the best of what's left like a Braylon Edwards, whose at least shown he can play at a very high level.

bills made pretty clear with the meacheam visit what they wanted at WR - a speedster who can stretch the field.....braylon was never a burner and has slowed with age, don't think he's a good fit for what they need.......they got possessions guys and that is more what braylon is at this point

that being said, plenty of speed in the draft i'm sure bills will be looking hard at - i think they can find a better fit there then free agency

so many freaking threads on the same subjesct.

He's been visiting multiple teams. However what I see as interesting - The Bills announced their visit and said Anderson is meeting with doctors

- Note to Buffalo hotels - BOOK your weekends now when the Putrids come ot town. Make them stay in those flee bag motels Princess Brady loves so much.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Something stinks here. New England has not had much of a pass rush for the last two years yet they are letting this guy just walk out the door...

Not to add to the conspiracy theory but....

Anderson signs a 1 year deal on the cheap(because it's Ralph and all),either gets cut(intentionally) or plays out his contract and goes back to the Pats and reports to the Hoodie all of our dirty secrets. :P

I don't think anyone is going to get cut. Like others have said already, we need more depth at all positions so why not stack the D for now and work on the O later(like draft time).