Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

That's... that's not how a court of law works...

It's the prosecution's job to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that George Zimmerman's story is untrue.

It is the job of the defense to cast doubt on the case of the prosecution.

You can't tell me that you've really entered into this conversation not only willfully ignorant of any facts, and unwilling to do any critical thinking, but also completely ignorant of the fundamental workings of the American legal system?

Seriously...

you made the statement "attacking someone" and I'm asking you to prove it, because the states already proven Zimmerman was in pursuit of Martin so in my book he is the aggressor.

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

true, but someone just grabbing you , trying to subdue you would not really leave actual attack marks, but a person could still feel in danger for their life if someone (stranger) was trying to subdue them.

Again, this isn't how a court of law works.

It's not the defense's job to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman didn't initiate the physical confrontation with Martin.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Again, this isn't how a court of law works.

It's not the defense's job to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman didn't initiate the physical confrontation with Martin.

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

ummm, did I even say what side I was working on? hehe

Again, we the State have Zimmerman as the aggressor, hes chasing a man without provication so the Defense better have something to bolster their argument or G Zimmerman will spend time behind bars for manslaughter

Again, we the State have Zimmerman as the aggressor, hes chasing a man without provication so the Defense better have something to bolster their argument or G Zimmerman will spend time behind bars for manslaughter

The burden of proof is on the state, not the defense. :wallbash:

How is it possible that you don't understand how a court of law works?

Reading on Twitter that CNN showed a police narrative report document this morning that included Zimmerman's DOB and SS#. And it's spreading around Twitter, so if you need a credit card and can't get one, there is a large number of people out there ready to help you.

Its not over until the fat lady sings, and the jury hasn't even started deliberating yet puppet head

And that has exactly nothing to do with the burden of proof being on the state and not the defense.

How is it possible that you don't understand how a court of law works?

awww come on man, give it a break, are you really trying that hard to make yourself look educated, good grief,

of course I know how our judical system works, lol :D

Its not over until the fat lady sings, and the jury hasn't even started deliberating yet puppet head

What the hell was this in response to?

It's like you were asked what the capitol of New York is, and you went Wiggum and said, "My cat's breath smells like cat food."

awww come on man, give it a break, are you really trying that hard to make yourself look educated, good grief,

of course I know how our judical system works, lol :D

You've clearly demonstrated otherwise.

Else, how can you possibly be placing any burden of proof on the defense?

And that has exactly nothing to do with the burden of proof being on the state and not the defense.

not sure why this narrative was brought about to begin with puppet head, Tasker made a comment that hasn't been proven like it was fact which it is not.

not sure why this narrative was brought about to begin with puppet head, Tasker made a comment that hasn't been proven like it was fact which it is not.

/facepalm

It has everything to do with that narrative. Everything.

It's the whole point. It's exactly how our legal system works. It doesn't have to be proven that Martin initiated the physical confrontation with Zimmerman. It simply has to be demonstrated that it reasonably could have happened as Zimmerman accounts it, casting any degree of reasonable doubt on the prosecution's assertion that Zimmerman attacked Martin.

Unbelievable.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

what does this post say Tasker?

con

has this been proven? no,

So am I supposed to debate something again with you thats irrelevant to this case?

It's interesting how you introduce assumptions that lack any factual basis as the foundation of your case for why Zimmerman is guilty, yet continue to ask if plausible defense scenarios can be proven. So I'm left to assume you either believe we currently have, or else that we should have, a system under which Zimmerman is guilty until proven innocent?

what does this post say Tasker?

has this been proven? no,

So am I supposed to debate something again with you thats irrelevant to this case?

Christ, you're thick.

It's not my contention, it's the contention of the defense. And given the nature of our legal system, it doesn't need to be proven because the burden of proof lies with the prosecution.

Christ, you're thick.

It's not my contention, it's the contention of the defense. And given the nature of our legal system, it doesn't need to be proven because the burden of proof lies with the prosecution.

so you want to argue hypotheticals ?