drayton florence

Ok so most of the games I have watched I never really what the secondary does or how well they play. I'm mainly concerned with the D-line or the O-line. Yet every time the opposing team has a huge play I always see drayton florence in the area. My question is he the one letting those plays happen, or is he playing well and puts the effort to go for the ball?

Ok so most of the games I have watched I never really what the secondary does or how well they play. I'm mainly concerned with the D-line or the O-line. Yet every time the opposing team has a huge play I always see drayton florence in the area. My question is he the one letting those plays happen, or is he playing well and puts the effort to go for the ball?

He's our #1 corner in a league that hates defensive backs. Of course, you're going to beat every once in a while. Revis gets beat. There are few positions that are harder to play than corneback in the NFL. If you breathe on a guy, it's a penalty. I'm very happy with Florence and expect big years out of all our guys now that there is a pass rush (hopefully).

He's our #1 corner in a league that hates defensive backs. Of course, you're going to beat every once in a while. Revis gets beat. There are few positions that are harder to play than corneback in the NFL. If you breathe on a guy, it's a penalty. I'm very happy with Florence and expect big years out of all our guys now that there is a pass rush (hopefully).

Interesting.. I thought McGee was our #1 corner..

Thanks for the insight, because since I never really pay attention to the secondary when I watch him in my mind he looks bad. I guess I just need to pay more attention. He does have alot of good plays I think a few INT's as well.

Its the offseason and everyone is giddy about the Mario signing, but a dose of reality is in order. Florence sucks. Don't make any excuses for him because the other corners played behind the same front 7. McGee was solid when healthy, as he usually is. Aaron Williams did ok for a rookie. And I was really impressed with Justin Rogers when he got some playing time. Florence and McKelvin, on the other hand, are way below average and can't be counted on to get the job done. Will they play better with an improved pass rush? Of course, but so will everyone else. Having said that, if either of them have a significant role in this defense next year, it won't be a good thing.

It's pathetic that with all the resources spent on the secondary during the Jauron years that it's not an area of strength with this group. Regular fans like me were screaming for them to re-sign Jabari Greer, who makes as much as Florence if I remember correctly (5m). But they let him go and he's now one of the best cover guys in the league.

Interesting.. I thought McGee was our #1 corner..

Really? He was out most of last season and reworked his contract to stay. He has a chance to compete to be our #1, but he's not anymore. Hope it works out for him but there will be an open competition for both CB spots.IMO.

Drayton Florence is going to end up looking the most improved this year book it.....the Mario signing solidified that.

No pass rush....holding by Drayton

Consistant pass rush.....big plays by Drayton

A few seasons ago we all wanted to resign him and I believe the Jets were going after him and we were lucky enough to get him back. Did he start to suck all of a sudden? NO, he is good player.

2 seasons ago the secondary looked good, no we didn't have a pass rush, but the ball was getting shoved down our throats by RBs. Last season, the secondary was torched, but were asked to cover their man forever as teams passed all over us. They couldn't just run through us anymore with Dareus and Williams. The secondary should look much better with a pass rush, but McGee is often injured and Leodis is terribly inconsistent. You know the Bills are concerned about McGee since they restructured his deal to give them an out if he is injured. We will find out what we have in him this season, but we need another 1 or 2 in this draft.

There's no denying he had a bad stretch during the losing streak. But for the most part, I think he's been very solid throughout his time in red/white/blue. I really think he's gonna have a real nice season this year.

Does anyone have know so,e of the advanced statistics such as completion percentage allowed or QB rating against for the Bills DBs? I know these statistics taken out of context (e.g., did he have help over the the top, was a wide open pass dropped, did the completion come off of a scramble etc) can some times lead to misinterpreting the data but I'd be interested to see how our DB's performed.

I have sympathy for both of the first two posts: 1) Florence was on the the wrong end of a lot of big plays, 2) but the DB's got little help from the pass rush.

I don't think Drayton is a number 1 corner in this league, but not many players are. Depending on how the mustache wants to scheme, I think Florence can be an above average player based on his instincts, tackling and ability to play at the line of scrimmage... but I don't think you can leave him on a island.

My tv had Leodis doing the same thing! damn. Blowing it for a big play.

But to be fair leodis was on his guy he just did not make a play for the ball. The kid has serious makeup speed that Flo does not.

Drayton is an older fellow who is not so fast anymore? But showed his frustration by holding, more than once or twice. He can cover for a limited amount of time. He's smart and usually good at pressing, knows the play calling. But he is slowing. Still strong though.

as mentioned any sort of pass rush will make the corners look much better. and with what we now have up front CB's might become pro bowlers!? But thank goodnesses we have two safeties that actually might be PB in Byrd and Wilson. Drayton i think will have a better season this time but surely we need to find his apprentice this year. Love ya Flo. But heck i love McGee too. hope you two have a solid healthy year.

When the opposing team has 5 minutes to throw the ball, our CBs will look like absolute crap.

Bingo. Hopefully with Mario and a healthy D-line and full off-season this year, this will change and they won't have to try to cover for so long. We'll get a couple more corners in the draft and or FA and strengthen the position. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade or something happen if they don't have enough money left to sign a known FA corner.

My money is on Aaron Williams to be our best corner this year.

well i'm not sure about that. love the kid, but he will have to climb some more steps yet. I think he will. But i'm not ready to call him the #1. But because i am no fool i will not bet against you AJ!