BILLS resign WR Hagan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES YES YES... we need to start a given Aiken a shot campaign cuz it seems as if only a few of us realize the talent we have in the practice squad.

I think it is safe to say Aiken won't win us the Super Bowl, or even a playoff game. What he will allow us ison a 4th down and short or such a time when we need a ball caught we get it caught. With our sets of splitting CJ out, 3 other WR's and maybe or maybe not a TE, we have a WR who can move 4 yards and catch the ball in the middle where he will not need blazing speed just strong hands.

I think your recievers are going to end up being

Johnston/Nelson/Hagan

Stevie is a true number one......

Nelson has been an excellent slot guy......and we are lucky to have him.

Hagan could end up being that deep threat "go up and get it: wide out that we actually need

And we do have Chandler resigned as well.

I also have a glimmer of hope for Easley....but much like Merriman I am not counting on him.

Edited by John from Hemet

sounds like endorsement for David Nelson too

I didn't hear many complaints about Nelson when we were winning. Early on Nelson was being touted as a UDFA gem. The guy makes one scene with his cheerleader girlfriend in a blowout game and he's a bum now?

PTR

Some thoughts/question:

Stevie - Our #1 but on most teams a good #2.

Aiken - Definitely has the size Buddy likes. I've seen some claim he has good speed, but can anyone confirm?

Nelson - Great hands, minimal drops, gets open. Good #3 or 4.

Donald Jones - seems to have his detractors here, but rewatching early games vs. Eagles, Raiders and Patriots, the guy was money.

Roosevelt - good hands, but runs like he's in quicksand.

Roscoe - could be extremely productive in Gailey's quick passing game but has a history of fragility

Easley - remains intriguing based on 2nd round investment made, and training camp plays made.

Also while it seems crazy if nobody offers him anything we should throw pennies at Roscoe and take him back. At some point he has to string a full year together.

The NFL minimum salary for an 8-year veteran is $810,000.

The Bills are very thin at wide receiver with only one truly proven player.

There's a lot of wishing and hoping going on regarding this unit.

Some thoughts/question:

Stevie - Our #1 but on most teams a good #2.

Aiken - Definitely has the size Buddy likes. I've seen some claim he has good speed, but can anyone confirm?

Nelson - Great hands, minimal drops, gets open. Good #3 or 4.

Donald Jones - seems to have his detractors here, but rewatching early games vs. Eagles, Raiders and Patriots, the guy was money.

Roosevelt - good hands, but runs like he's in quicksand.

Roscoe - could be extremely productive in Gailey's quick passing game but has a history of fragility

Easley - remains intriguing based on 2nd round investment made, and training camp plays made.

Easley was a 4th rounder.

I didn't hear many complaints about Nelson when we were winning. Early on Nelson was being touted as a UDFA gem. The guy makes one scene with his cheerleader girlfriend in a blowout game and he's a bum now?

PTR

Hardly a bum but hardly proven his worth yet imo. I hope you are aware our standards just changed sir. We have higher expectations now. :)

Hagan is a good signing purely on what he did lately. nothing wrong with that. Clowney is supposed to be deep threat. we do not know anything about him yet worth mentioning. Easley is a homer pick for me and should not even count yet on the roster, but we can hope. But i sure got my fingers crossed because he did look good before he had the troubles. Roosevelt is another homer pick for a couple reasons. he caught all the passes thrown him for decent streak early on. and he looked like he has solid potential to me. but i was not up close. Aiken was praised for skill but lack of concentration. So then D jones eh. D Nelson eh+. But thats just me.

I have considered the influences that caused the passing game to struggle late in the season and the players we have/had. But still... I think we need THE receiver who can line up wide and run like heck. if he catches a ball or two all the better.

if we see one in round two 3 well then that will be most excellent and two would be twice as nice. The competition should be fun to watch come camp time.

Edited by 3rdand12

PTR

I was talking the block he made during that play in backfield which the announcer mentions - allowing the play to be made. I said nothing against David Nelson.

Derrick "I'm not Mario" Hagan actually looked decent at the end of the season, much better than Donald Jones. I'm glad he is back because he will offer some real camp battles for Aiken, Roosevelt Easley, and Jones.

The NFL minimum salary for an 8-year veteran is $810,000.

The Bills are very thin at wide receiver with only one truly proven player.

There's a lot of wishing and hoping going on regarding this unit.

Easley was a 4th rounder.

and FYI Easley was picked over Aaron Hernandez.

Edited by Why So Serious?

YES YES YES... we need to start a given Aiken a shot campaign cuz it seems as if only a few of us realize the talent we have in the practice squad.

Aiken has tiny hands. I'm guessing that he might not catch the ball as well in practice as everyone assumes.

I bumped into Jerry Rice at the Reagan National Airport a few weeks back his hands are freaking huge and they seem like they could still crush bricks.

I don't know what that has to do Aiken's tiny hands other than the fact it is not likely that he can crush bricks with his hands.

Hardly a bum but hardly proven his worth yet imo. I hope you are aware our standards just changed sir. We have higher expectations now. :)

Hagan is a good signing purely on what he did lately. nothing wrong with that. Clowney is supposed to be deep threat. we do not know anything about him yet worth mentioning. Easley is a homer pick for me and should not even count yet on the roster, but we can hope. But i sure got my fingers crossed because he did look good before he had the troubles. Roosevelt is another homer pick for a couple reasons. he caught all the passes thrown him for decent streak early on. and he looked like he has solid potential to me. but i was not up close. Aiken was praised for skill but lack of concentration. So then D jones eh. D Nelson eh+. But thats just me.

I have considered the influences that caused the passing game to struggle late in the season and the players we have/had. But still... I think we need THE receiver who can line up wide and run like heck. if he catches a ball or two all the better.

if we see one in round two 3 well then that will be most excellent and two would be twice as nice. The competition should be fun to watch come camp time.

Watch Damrius Thomas' stats next season with Manning.

Then wonder what David Nelson's stats would have been at the University of Florida without Tebow and with Cam Newton instead, and where Nelson would have likely been picked had he had a competent throwing QB in college.

David Nelson was a gem in the rough, fellas. Keep him running inside routes between the hash marks and keep moving those chains. Then keep in mind between Chandler and Nelson they are options 1a and 1b in the red zone. Some jokers in TBD will never respect him because he was an UDFA but David Nelson is no joke.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Aiken has tiny hands. I'm guessing that he might not catch the ball as well in practice as everyone assumes.

I bumped into Jerry Rice at the Reagan National Airport a few weeks back his hands are freaking huge and they seem like they could still crush bricks.

I don't know what that has to do Aiken's tiny hands other than the fact it is not likely that he can crush bricks with his hands.

Watch Damrius Thomas' stats next season with Manning.

Then wonder what David Nelson's stats would have been at the University of Florida without Tebow and with Cam Newton instead, and where Nelson would have likely been picked had he had a competent throwing QB in college.

David Nelson was a gem in the rough, fellas. Keep him running inside routes between the hash marks and keep moving those chains. Then keep in mind between Chandler and Nelson they are options 1a and 1b in the red zone. Some jokers in TBD will never respect him because he was an UDFA but David Nelson is no joke.

Ok i will watch him this year and i realize you have a valid point. I still wish for aguy who can line up outside and run. Clowney may be that guy with 4.39. we shall see easley may be too. Now can Fitz throw that deep ball? hmmm. he has the new qb coach so maybe. thanks.