What Bills scenario would you rather see?

zow2

Would you rather see the Bills lose a hard fought nail biter against Pittsburgh's starters?.....or would you rather the Bills win and not make it because Denver and NY wins also?

It would be easier for me to stomach if we just lose our game fair and square. Beating Pitt for our 7th win in a row and still not making it would be hard to swallow.

But reality is that I hope we kill Pittsburgh. If we beat Pitt and the playoffs are not in the cards the Bills might get more respect by not making it than they would if they got in and lost at one of the big three teams. The National media will be saying the most dominant team in the 2nd half of the season could have gone all the way!

Would you rather see the Bills lose a hard fought nail biter against Pittsburgh's starters?.....or would you rather the Bills win and not make it because Denver and NY wins also?

It would be easier for me to stomach if we just lose our game fair and square.  Beating Pitt for our 7th win in a row and still not making it would be hard to swallow.

But reality is that I hope we kill Pittsburgh.  If we beat Pitt and the playoffs are not in the cards the Bills might get more respect by not making it than they would if they got in and lost at one of the big three teams.  The National media will be saying the most dominant team in the 2nd half of the season could have gone all the way!

181679[/snapback]

I also hope we win, if only to drive down the Cowboys' draft pick.

Speaking of which, anyone know how this works: if we finish with a better record than the Rams, et. al, even though we do not make the playoffs, do we have a later draft pick than them, or are all the playoff teams last?

I think you will fell better once you get past worrying about what the national media thinks of your favorite team...

181685[/snapback]

I agree.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: The National Media.

I also hope we win, if only to drive down the Cowboys' draft pick.

Speaking of which, anyone know how this works: if we finish with a better record than the Rams, et. al, even though we do not make the playoffs, do we have a later draft pick than them, or are all the playoff teams last?

181684[/snapback]

Yep, the p-o teams are last regardless of regular season records. AFAIK :o

I'd rather lose to Pittsburgh's starters, if that were the case. At least we could say that the Bills gave it every chance they could, but just fell short. Given the 0-4 start, it would be amazing if they just squeaked in. Thus, I wouldn't be too upset.

But reality is that I hope we kill Pittsburgh.  If we beat Pitt and the playoffs are not in the cards the Bills might get more respect by not making it than they would if they got in and lost at one of the big three teams.  The National media will be saying the most dominant team in the 2nd half of the season could have gone all the way!

181679[/snapback]

That would hurt even more. One could say (and many have) that the Bills were the most dominant team of the early 90s, yet they still never won the big one. I want the trophy. Ralph Wilson deserves it just as much - if not more - than any of the original AFL owners still around right now.

I agree.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  The National Media.

181686[/snapback]

Hell, our own local media portrayed the whole Bills organization as a hopeless leper colony, up until 2 months ago.

It would be easier for me to stomach if we just lose our game fair and square.  Beating Pitt for our 7th win in a row and still not making it would be hard to swallow.

181679[/snapback]

Think about what you're saying... Imagine the Bills losing to the Steelers, then watching the Jets fall at St Louis and the Broncos lose to Indy... how crappy would that feel knowing that all the Bills had to do was beat the Steelers scrubs, at home, to make the playoffs and they couldn't do it. It would make you question the coaching staff and Bledsoe all over again. It would ruin the momentum they've built over the past two months. It would be one of the worst offseasons ever.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Why all the negative ponderings??

Not me... my only negative is us not beating New England.

And YET we could still DO THAT in January!!!!

Could you imagine?

I could. SCREW Indy. SCREW the Pats.

With out a doubt .......... if we are not destined to make the playoffs, I want a hard fought game against the Squeelers 1st team with the Bills pulling out a victory in the final seconds of the game.

Then I want the team to take the lesson that their slow start cost them a playoff spot to heart and use that as a motivation to start next season like they ended this season.

However, I am NOT giving up on our playoff possibilities for this year ..... I still want Pittsburgh to play their 1st team ...... still want a hard fought game ..... still want the Bills to win at the final gun, but I want them in the playoffs as a team to be feared.

Hell, our own local media portrayed the whole Bills organization as a hopeless leper colony, up until 2 months ago.

181695[/snapback]

Hell. I have been a very rabid fan for 40 years and I was ready to bench Bledsoe after the second loss to start building for next year.

So I am eating crow (tastes pretty f*ing good) and staying with my earlier note - the Bills must win out. That is all they control.

I like that Mularkey turned off all the locker room tv's last week and told the team to nevermind what was happening in the early games - just go out there at beat the 49ers. :o