Dolphins lose out on Matt Flynn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he falls because that would put the Bills in a perfect position to trade back. The Bengals still don't have a RB and have 2 first round picks. We can dream right?

If Tannehill goes top-10, which wasn't expected until about a week ago, a top player will fall that the Bills might want or could use as trade bait.

What an indictment of Flynn. His own coach who developed him didn't want him? Maybe they'll sign Brohm now (Sorry AlphaDawg :lol: )!!! :w00t:

:w00t: Lol, nice one...well, in my defense, I never claimed Brohm would be any good, just that Trent sucked and Fitz up to that point hadnt looked much better and just wanted to see us give someone a shot who at least presented some hope...lol

Watch out for Flynn though, he will be a good pickup for Seattle, much like Hasselbeck was when they plucked him also from GB as Farve was entrenched in front of him. I really think Flynn is the real deal.

flynn had a great 2 starts with some elite receivers. over 1000 yards and 9 tds. It will be interesting to see him as a starter without ALL that talent. I wish him the best. Glad to see him finally land a starting role.

The dolphins are a mess right now. Living in South Florida, fans were clamoring for Peyton, trading for RG3, or at least signing Flynn. Where do they go now?

Tannehill shouldn't get by Cleveland (even though I don't think he is a 1st rd. talent). I think wherever Peyton goes, the fins get the fallout. Meaning either Alex Smith, Hasslebeck, or Tebow wind up in Miami.

I hope he falls because that would put the Bills in a perfect position to trade back. The Bengals still don't have a RB and have 2 first round picks. We can dream right?

Could we get that lucky?

The word on NFL Network was the Coach actually wanted him, but the rest of the Organization was not as high on Flynn figuring he was not much better than Moore...Plus I think they do want Tannehill... B-)

If that is the case I would seriously begin to question my position in the organization, given the fact I just spend the previous couple of seasons with him in GB.

flynn had a great 2 starts with some elite receivers. over 1000 yards and 9 tds. It will be interesting to see him as a starter without ALL that talent. I wish him the best. Glad to see him finally land a starting role.

This has Rob Johnson 2.0 written all over it.

This is the break JP has been waiting for.

Touchdown Jesus in Miami would be awesome for two reasons:

1. It's Tebow's back yard so he'd probably have HUGE fan support

2. It would mean the Dolphins will SUCK again this year and we can pencil in 2 wins.

Oh please Miami, sign Tebow if he's cut.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Meanwhile, every year Seattle acquires another flash-in-pan QB!

Yea, whatever happened to the last up coming QB they traded for from San Diego, Whitehurst I think? They overpaid for him with a few high draft choices and where is he now? Have the feeling Flynn may go down the same path.

Yea, whatever happened to the last up coming QB they traded for from San Diego, Whitehurst I think? They overpaid for him with a few high draft choices and where is he now? Have the feeling Flynn may go down the same path.

Whitehurst never had the qualifications flynn did. Not saying he will be a stud, but this is a much better move then whitehurst was.

This has Rob Johnson 2.0 written all over it.

Touchdown Jesus in Miami would be awesome for two reasons:

1. It's Tebow's back yard so he'd probably have HUGE fan support

2. It would mean the Dolphins will SUCK again this year and we can pencil in 2 wins.

Oh please Miami, sign Tebow if he's cut.

Miami is not Tebow's back yard by any means. Gainsville and Jacksonville (and the Phillipines) have nothing in common with Miami. You're right, Miami and Tebow would be good for us and bad for Tebow.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Just resigned with San Diego for 2 years

Per ESPN.com

The Seattle Seahawks and San Diego Chargers have completed a trade that sends third-string Chargers quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to Seattle for draft picks.

The Seahawks swapped the 40th pick in the second round with San Diego's 60th pick and also will send the Chargers a third-round pick in the 2011 draft.

A third and moving down 20 spots is not that big of a mistake IMO. Also Flynn looked a lot better than Whitehurst and they didn't give him crazy money.