My case for Michael Floyd

I agree with the idea of adding a solid OT, but I don't see one falling to us at number 10 that would justify that pick. I would love to see a team trade up with us giving us an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick allowing us to grab an OT at the right spot in the 1st, maybe Mike Adams, although I am not sold on his work ethic. With the extra draft pick I would package that and the 4th we received for Lee Evans and move back into the first for this kid...

youtube.com/watch?v=u9QIm93rcoE

Now we grab an OT, great WR with speed, height, and unbelievable hands, and still have picks remaining in all the rounds. I do think some teams will be very desperate to move up to the 10 spot to grab a player they love.

:thumbsup: See the signature

Floyd would be an excellent pick up if we could resign Bell and pick up an RG in free agency. The O-line is far from settled esp if we don't retain Bell. Floyd makes a lot of sense but even after singing of Mario there are still a lot of holes on this roster that the draft alone might not be able to fill.

I'll go line. I think it's harder to get athletic big men than wideouts. Would much rather have Upshaw/Ingram/DeCastro/Martin/Reiff than this guy. Guys like T.Y. Hilton may have as good or better careers than Floyd and you can probably get him in round 5. There are 20-25 receivers that look like solid pro material but not so many good big men. don't waste the #10 on a wideout when the difference between 2 and 15 is small @ wideout and the difference between lineman 2-15 is meteoric.And I don't think that getting Mario Williams means we have solved our problem of pass rush. Ingram or even Upshaw or Hightower would really solidify the D-line/pass rush.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I would love Floyd at 10. There is no doubt in my mind that he will excel in the NFL. Although Reiff did have a 20 minute foot chase with police which does show pretty good foot speed for a big guy. I can't wait for the draft. Does Floyd slide past Miami now that Brandon Marshall is gone?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695597

Depends if Miami signs a QB by then.....

I agree with the idea of adding a solid OT, but I don't see one falling to us at number 10 that would justify that pick. I would love to see a team trade up with us giving us an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick allowing us to grab an OT at the right spot in the 1st, maybe Mike Adams, although I am not sold on his work ethic. With the extra draft pick I would package that and the 4th we received for Lee Evans and move back into the first for this kid...

Now we grab an OT, great WR with speed, height, and unbelievable hands, and still have picks remaining in all the rounds. I do think some teams will be very desperate to move up to the 10 spot to grab a player they love.

Yeah i like him

I love your thinking and if this scenario played out i'd be ecstatic! It's hard to see Nix trading down though...I would like Glenn over Adams though

I'm fairly certain Buddy said in his post signing presser that we could "dangle the 10th pick in the draft". I take that to mean we don't have anyone clearly slotted there and would welcome trade talks to give us additional early picks for the guys they really want.

Barring anything more drastic happening between now and Day 1, I'm going with a trade down then the BPA in our slots. We're pretty close to contending.

I truly believe that Buffalo is close to being a contender in the league, they are putting the pieces together to be a power house for years to come. With the 10th pick I think the Bills need to draft Michael Floyd, WR out of ND. Buffalo needs a tall receiver that can stretch the field and go up and grab the ball away from a defender. If you watch film on the kid you will see that not only can he stretch the field and out jump defenders for the ball but he is great in the screen game and is tough going across the middle of the field. Drafting Floyd will help create competition within our receivers and help set the foundation for years to come with a good 1-2 punch with Stevie out there.

Take a look at this highlight video to see for yourself:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZSkKwdE9I

If we didn't truly NEED a good LT, I would be on board with this pick...but throwing to Floyd (or anyone else for that matter) will be difficult when Fitz is laid out ten yards behind the line of scrimmage and the docs are checking for a concussion....that's NOT an indictment against the rest of the line, but as of right now there's a big, gaping hole protecting Fitz's blindside....and while I like Hairston, I think he's better suited for a RT and then there's the lack of depth issue. So, if Floyd is there in the 2nd round (which he won't be) AND we draft a LT at 10 or trade back in the 1st and draft a LT, then I'm good with that, but otherwise, unfortunately LT is just too much of a need at this point and it fits with the value of the 10th pick or anywhere in the top 15

I'm coming around to the idea of taking Michael Floyd.

He's nowhere close to Justin Blackmon, but he does have a very good all-around skill set.

And this stuff about Stephen Hill...

This is exactly how major BUSTS come about in the NFL.

He's done virtually nothing on the field. But then scouts start drooling over his physical attributes and combine numbers, and the guy shoots up the charts.

I wouldn't touch the guy until at least Day 3 of the draft.

IF! Floyd is available no way we pass on him.....I've seen the kid play big physical wr who wants the ball and fights to get open...and I believe a guy like Stevie can help him with his footwork and he will just get better

IMO, we pass on him if Nix and our scouts have a higher overall rating on Reiff or Martin or another LT.

I'm coming around to the idea of taking Michael Floyd.

He's nowhere close to Justin Blackmon, but he does have a very good all-around skill set.

And this stuff about Stephen Hill...

This is exactly how major BUSTS come about in the NFL.

He's done virtually nothing on the field. But then scouts start drooling over his physical attributes and combine numbers, and the guy shoots up the charts.

I wouldn't touch the guy until at least Day 3 of the draft.

GT runs a Option Attack offense, not too much vertical passing going on.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/483021/stephen-hill

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13216/type/college/demaryius-thomas

In this case I wouldn't say it is hype, but more a realization of the guy's talent. Any WR can be a bust if they don't work hard and try to get better. The NFL and college are two different worlds. I just hope that whoever we pick works out.

He is bigger,faster than Blacksmon...what seperates the blackmon is blackmon is a more developed route runner but we have two of those in stevie and nelson we need a guy that's a threat to break tackles and go all the way...."btw: a deep threat is 20 yards and more" we have not had a big physical wr that can put fear in the oppossing defense with under 4.4 speed that can stretch or as they like to say take the top off of a defense.