Do the Bills need to trim any of this?

Kaenon

2012 Salary Numbers:

Dwan Edwards: $3.8M........................... (& $3.65M in 2013), age = 31 in May

Drayton Florence: $4.0M....................... (& $5.00M in 2013), age = 32 in December

Spencer Johnson: $3.0M........................ (FA in 2013), age = 31 in December

Chris Kelsay: $3.5M.............................. ($3.725M in 2013), age = 33 in October

George Wilson: $1.75M......................... ($2.00M in 2013), age = turned 31 two days ago

This is $16.05M in 2012 salary for guys for which none of them are guaranteed starters, and they are all in their 30s.

Just curious as to what your thoughts were.

Everything must GO!!! We need Kamerion Wimbley!!!! LOL

Did someone just advocate cutting George Wilson, who is making less than $2 million per season? Do you even watch the Bills?

You did indeed read that very thing, and it's fair to ask that very question. Wilson stays in any rational world.

Edwards is a pure 3-4 end and has struggled with injuries. He's played hard for us, and deserves a chance to look for a 3-4 team. His $5M could go to resign Jackson or sign draftees, so I think he may be on the block.

Johnson was totally asked to play out-of-position last year -- any defense featuring Johnson and Kelsey as LB is a bad defense -- he played gamely and I don't really have a good handle on his quality as a player.

Agreed with those that said Edwards should be released, or should have been released already.

Wilson, Kelsay, and Florence should all stay, and will see a lot of playing time.

Spencer Johnson should be kept as well. I think he is much better than people give him credit for. Remember, he played DT until he got to Buffalo, and then moved to DE, and then to OLB. Only George Edwards would try to make a DT into an OLB. :rolleyes:

I think moving him back to DT and letting him play DT/DE backup is good depth at good value. Something we've been trying to build all along.

2012 Salary Numbers:

Dwan Edwards: $3.8M........................... (& $3.65M in 2013), age = 31 in May

Drayton Florence: $4.0M....................... (& $5.00M in 2013), age = 32 in December

Spencer Johnson: $3.0M........................ (FA in 2013), age = 31 in December

Chris Kelsay: $3.5M.............................. ($3.725M in 2013), age = 33 in October

George Wilson: $1.75M......................... ($2.00M in 2013), age = turned 31 two days ago

This is $16.05M in 2012 salary for guys for which none of them are guaranteed starters, and they are all in their 30s.

Just curious as to what your thoughts were.

Spencer Johnson had a great preseason last year when he was playing on the d-line. Once we moved him to LB, he was terrible…I still don’t understand how any coach thought that was a good idea. Keep him and he’s probably our 3rd DT. Florence should be better with an actual pass rush, as should the rest of our DBs. I agree he’s not great but is decent enough until someone else steps up to replace him. I would try and trade Dwan Edwards, there’s got to be some 3-4 team that would give up a mid to late round pick for him. He played hard a fairly well. Based on the roster as it is now, we need to hang onto Kelsay for at least 1 more year. I don’t want to cut him, have Merriman and another lineman go down and then have no one to replace them. We need quality depth on the d-line so we can keep a solid rotation going and make sure Mario, Marcel & Kyle are fresh near the end of the game. I really hope this is the year Carrington & Troup break out.

Cut George Wilson?!?!?!? Puff-puff-give my friend!