Levi Brown or Bell. Or waste 1st round pick ?

1) Demetrius Bell was decent last year. But he can't stay healthy.

2) Levi Brown was a former first rounder, but most consider him a bust.

Left Tackle is a very important position. And considering the above statements, we could certainly stand an upgrade.

Or keep one AND take the pick??? Is there something wrong with that?

Why YES there is. You must not have gotten a chance to watch many games last year. We need to spend our picks on need positions such as DE and OLB....not luxury picks. That scenario you mentioned would be the dumbest thing we could do.

+1. Waste ?? But it wasn't a waste to draft Whitner, McCargo and Maybin etc. If they feel Reiff,Martin or even DeCastro is the best player available I would be okay with them "wasting" a 1st ropund pick on an O-lineman. :thumbsup:

comepletely agree with this. if an ol is the bpa, grab him and appologize to no one.

Well, when you throw the word "waste" into the title it kind of assumes a negative connotation, which IMO is not accurate...I can understand signing Bell for depth as a back-up and to compete for a spot, but he's shown me nothing to convince me he should be penciled in as the starter, let alone given top FA money....as for Brown, I don't have a problem signing him either, but if he were that valuable a player, he would not be slipping into the FA pool...and, given our history of O-line problems, I would PREFER to draft OT in the 10 spot for several reasons: there are viable options for DE in 2nd and 3rd round, there are viable options for DE in FA, there are good WRs in this year's FA class and good LBs as well and given the cap space, we should be able to add all three starting positions without breaking the bank and I for one am NOT in the Super Mario and VJax camp, so they could all be done at reasonable salaries, again IMO....that being said, I would prefer the WR, DE, and LB positions addressed in FA and then Left OT in round 1, DE in round 2, and CB in round 3, and first pick of round 4, then DT with second pick of round 4, then best OL, CB, LB in that order....but that's just me

Well, when you throw the word "waste" into the title it kind of assumes a negative connotation, which IMO is not accurate...I can understand signing Bell for depth as a back-up and to compete for a spot, but he's shown me nothing to convince me he should be penciled in as the starter, let alone given top FA money....as for Brown, I don't have a problem signing him either, but if he were that valuable a player, he would not be slipping into the FA pool...and, given our history of O-line problems, I would PREFER to draft OT in the 10 spot for several reasons: there are viable options for DE in 2nd and 3rd round, there are viable options for DE in FA, there are good WRs in this year's FA class and good LBs as well and given the cap space, we should be able to add all three starting positions without breaking the bank and I for one am NOT in the Super Mario and VJax camp, so they could all be done at reasonable salaries, again IMO....that being said, I would prefer the WR, DE, and LB positions addressed in FA and then Left OT in round 1, DE in round 2, and CB in round 3, and first pick of round 4, then DT with second pick of round 4, then best OL, CB, LB in that order....but that's just me

Sounds like you've been in some team meetings. I was thinking they would go that route with their first four picks as well. A crapshoot after that.

Eric Winston also is now available.

Texans cut Winston

Would love for Buffalo to scoop this guy up. Offer him a 6-7 million dollar year for 4-5 years with a nice guarantee. Makes sense seeing as he is the best LT on the market (Got to overpay a bit) and he would only be turning 29 this season thus its a decent investment long term.

Every year it's the same.

The names change but it's the same song and dance.

Last year it was Flozell Adams, Alex Barron, Doug Free, Tyson Clabo…

No thanks to Levi Brown or Eric Winston, for me.

These are marginal players… a disappointing left tackle and an average right tackle… exactly the type of players the Bills shouldn't waste their money on.

Would love for Buffalo to scoop this guy up. Offer him a 6-7 million dollar year for 4-5 years with a nice guarantee. Makes sense seeing as he is the best LT on the market (Got to overpay a bit) and he would only be turning 29 this season thus its a decent investment long term.

Isn't he a right tackle?