Need to quit drinking? Try LSD.

Beerball

I call bullsh--. We drink 12 hours non-stop last time I took LSD. I mean, you might not drink as much as when you're on coke, but you're not exactly thinking "oh, maybe I shouldn't have another".

And I had a friend in high school who used to take 5-7 hits of acid at a time. Dude ended up in the looney bin.

I hated that ****. Too much buzz for too many hours.

And I had a friend in high school who used to take 5-7 hits of acid at a time. Dude ended up in the looney bin.

I hated that ****. Too much buzz for too many hours.

Ya I agree with you there. All things aside (whether you like it or not) hallucinogens just go on and on...and on...too much for too long w/ most of them.

Ya I agree with you there. All things aside (whether you like it or not) hallucinogens just go on and on...and on...too much for too long w/ most of them.

That was pretty much my take on it too. Hours after the parties are over it's 4 am and everyone is just sitting around still tripping balls waiting for it to wear off.

Ah.....college!

Edited by KD in CT

I call bullsh--. We drink 12 hours non-stop last time I took LSD. I mean, you might not drink as much as when you're on coke, but you're not exactly thinking "oh, maybe I shouldn't have another".

Actually, from what I can tell, it's not promoting using it as a substitute. It's saying that you do it once, and have a psychic change within you and then if all goes well, you would have a different perspective that would enable you to not drink.

I actually would advocate this for seemingly hopeless alcoholics who have tried pretty much anything else. It sure couldn't hurt.

The founder of AA, Bill Wilson, actually tried LSD in the 50s or 60s to try to get a shortcut to the spiritual experience that is behind AA success stories. I don't think it worked out so great, so dropping acid is not part of the 12 Steps.

<br />That was pretty much my take on it too.  Hours after the parties are over it's 4 am and everyone is just sitting around still tripping balls waiting for it to wear off. <br /><br />Ah.....college!<br />

After one Dead concert, I stayed at my brother's place... He lived near the 400... I thought planes were landing all night (noise of the traffic)! HA!

<br />Actually, from what I can tell, it's not promoting using it as a substitute.  It's saying that you do it once, and have a psychic change within you and then if all goes well, you would have a different perspective that would enable you to not drink.<br /><br />I actually would advocate this for seemingly hopeless alcoholics who have tried pretty much anything else.  It sure couldn't hurt.<br /><br />The founder of AA, Bill Wilson, actually tried LSD in the 50s or 60s to try to get a shortcut to the spiritual experience that is behind AA success stories.  I don't think it worked out so great, so dropping acid is not part of the 12 Steps.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That's how I read it too.

That was pretty much my take on it too. Hours after the parties are over it's 4 am and everyone is just sitting around still tripping balls waiting for it to wear off.

Ah.....college!

Or going to work with the breakfast shift at my dad's resaurant. He walked in one morning and said "oh you look great."

I also remember tripping one night and staying at a friends house. There was a snow storm that night so we figured we'd not have school the next day. Well the snow stopped but we knew there'd be no school seeing the wind was still blowing. Of course it was all the branches on the trees were moving, right? Uhhh, no they weren't moving. We had school the next day.

Out of the 6-10 times I did it only really liked it 2 or 3 times I think. Always seemed to do it in the winter. Not the high you want to have cooped up in a house.

& Chef is still tripping 25 years later.

Sorry, easy softball.

At least I have an excuse.