Most Important Position to Fill

Biggest team needs, in order:

#1 - Quarterback

Unfortunately, drafting at the #10 spot prevents us from drafting Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin. And it's doubtful Peyton Manning would even consider coming here. So this one will have to wait another year.

#2 - Defensive End

Without a pass rush, having talent at other defensive positions is basically worthless. With Chris Kelsay and Shawne Merriman slated as our probable starters, we could use upgrades on both sides.

#3 - Left Tackle

Demetrius Bell was decent last year, but we can't count on him to stay healthy and he currently remains unsigned. Chris Hairston is probably better suited to play on the right side. At the very least, we need some better depth.

#4 - Wide Receiver

Re-signing Stevie Johnson was a big step in the right direction. We need a downfield playmaker to draw the defenses away from the line of scrimmage, and to make up for Ryan Fitzpatrick's lack of downfield accuracy.

#5 - Cornerback

In a passing league, a team can never have enough cornerbacks. I like the potential of Aaron Williams and Justin Rogers. But there isn't much else behind them. Drayton Florence was a disappointment last year. Terrance McGee is done. Leodis McKelvin is officially a bust.

#6 - Linebacker

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on the strong side or some more depth.

#7 - Center

Eric Wood is one of our best players. But he's injury prone and we had no backup plan last year.

I say DE/pass rush, but with a caveat. Just because we draft a successful college passrusher, doesn't mean our front 4 will be able to generate pressure up front in pro games. It all depends on what the 'Stache comes up with. I'm a big Mercilus fan, but I'd love for a veteran like Freeney or Williams to get in here, and show the youngsters how it's done. That won't happen. -at least not with Williams. So at #10 we should probably just grab the BPA.

#1 - Quarterback

Unfortunately, drafting at the #10 spot prevents us from drafting Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin. And it's doubtful Peyton Manning would even consider coming here. So this one will have to wait another year.

#2 - Defensive End

Without a pass rush, having talent at other defensive positions is basically worthless. With Chris Kelsay and Shawne Merriman slated as our probable starters, we could use upgrades on both sides.

#3 - Left Tackle

Demetrius Bell was decent last year, but we can't count on him to stay healthy and he currently remains unsigned. Chris Hairston is probably better suited to play on the right side. At the very least, we need some better depth.

#4 - Wide Receiver

Re-signing Stevie Johnson was a big step in the right direction. We need a downfield playmaker to draw the defenses away from the line of scrimmage, and to make up for Ryan Fitzpatrick's lack of downfield accuracy.

#5 - Cornerback

In a passing league, a team can never have enough cornerbacks. I like the potential of Aaron Williams and Justin Rogers. But there isn't much else behind them. Drayton Florence was a disappointment last year. Terrance McGee is done. Leodis McKelvin is officially a bust.

#6 - Linebacker

#7 - Center

Eric Wood is one of our best players. But he's injury prone and we had no backup plan last year.

Leodis is a great athlete but he's kind of a jack-of-all-trades. -Another talented guy we just couldn't develop. I think all you have to do is watch last season's Dallas game to see how AWFUL our secondary was. I'd prefer it though, if we addressed that through free agency rather than the draft. I don't see how adding more inexperience to that unit will help. I agree wholeheartedly on the quarterback issue, but we'll have to let Fitzophilia run it's course. -It shouldn't take long. Like i said in a previous post, BPA @ #10 (Unless it's Trent Richardson)

The starting DE's on the roster are Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsay. One is chronically injured and most likely wouldn't be on an NFL roster without Buffalo and the other will be 33 during the season. Neither are known as guys who put pressure on the QB as DE's in a 40 front, with Merriman having never played the position before.

Buffalo needs 2 DE's, especially now that Carrington will be a backup 1 or 3 tech DT and won't revert to his college position as a 40 front DE.

Correct, except when he played defensive end at Maryland.

"and Merriman and other college defensive ends such as David Pollack of Georgia and Demarcus Ware of Troy University have had their prospects improved in that they could play outside linebacker on a 3-4 defense or end in a traditional 4-3 setup."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6098-2005Apr20.html

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/merriman_shawne00.html

#1 - Quarterback

#2 - Defensive End

#3 - Left Tackle

#4 - Wide Receiver

#5 - Cornerback

#6 - Linebacker

#7 - Center

Ok, I agree that Fitz is not the ultimate endgame solution. I don't think we're ever going to put a franchise tag on him. He is, to be blunt, an average NFL quarterback. But amidst all the problems which you mentioned (a lack of a pass rush, weakness at LT, our depleted receiver core, a group of CB's who get consistently burned). The Bengals, Ravens and Broncos all had average or worse QB's and they still made the playoffs, so I would rather fix those other things first.

1331412889[/url]' post='2400817']

Mario Williams is our biggest need right now!!! check out my mock..what you guys think?

The fact that you have us taking Russell Wilson, while Ladarius Green AND Marvin Mcnutt are still on the board, makes this one of the worst mocks I've ever seen. For any team. Russell Wilson. Lol. Russell Wilson.....lol.

1331417144[/url]' post='2400859']

#1 - Quarterback

#2 - Defensive End

#3 - Left Tackle

#4 - Wide Receiver

#5 - Cornerback

#6 - Linebacker

#7 - Center

Funny how you say "without a pass rush, having talent at the other defensive positions is basically worthless". Them you totally discount Florence, McGee and mckelvin. Ever think that all of our CBs were "basically worthless" with no pass rush? Just some food for thought.