Seahawks re-sign Marshawn Lynch

Guess you missed this past football season......the one where Marshawn ran all over the place with no passing game to help him......just a bulldozer out there playing hard.....way to go Marshawn you Beastmoded your way into this contract....

I always appreciated the way Lynch played but it's complete BS. He acted like an idiot and got himself traded. I love when announcers comment on how good of a deal it was for Seattle and just ignore the part of him hitting a girl and rolling with guns/ weed.

Hopefully, his sake and now Seattle's, he is really grown up. But when you look at career ypc, Lynch (4.0), Jackson (4.6), and Spiller (4.7), I think it worked out for all parties.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I always appreciated the way Lynch played but it's complete BS. He acted like an idiot and got himself traded. I love when announcers comment on how good of a deal it was for Seattle and just ignore the part of him hitting a girl and rolling with guns/ weed.

Hopefully, his sake and now Seattle's, he is really grown up. But when you look at career ypc, Lynch (4.0), Jackson (4.6), and Spiller (4.7), I think it worked out for all parties.

Unlike some Bills fans announcers and other fans can forgive and forget especially when the guy gets it done on the field and makes 2 probowls in 5 years. Keep hating though.

Unlike some Bills fans announcers and other fans can forgive and forget especially when the guy gets it done on the field and makes 2 probowls in 5 years. Keep hating though.

Yup, I'm a hater. I hate guys who mow down people in the street and leave them there. I hate people who drive around with weed and guns in the car. I hate people who already are suspended doing yayo in a bar until the sun comes up. I hate people who cry about a rb when the Bills have 2 who have better career ypc than him.

Yup, I'm a hater. :thumbsup:

Yup, I'm a hater. I hate guys who mow down people in the street and leave them there. I hate people who drive around with weed and guns in the car. I hate people who already are suspended doing yayo in a bar until the sun comes up. I hate people who cry about a rb when the Bills have 2 who have better career ypc than him.

Yup, I'm a hater. :thumbsup:

Realizing the problem is the first step to recovery :thumbsup:

Re-signing your own free agents? Lame. Good teams, like the Bills, know that's not the way to win. Winners let their own FAs go then draft and sign lower quality replacements.

See Johnson, Stevie

Honestly, thats what i was thinking that FJ should be getting once he is extended. I think its overpaying for Lynch though. But thats JMO.

Too much for Fred too if you ask me.

Didn't you and others say the same thing last year?

But no worries, the Bills have CJ.

So, you didn't happen to watch Spiller in the final 6 games last year then?

Realizing the problem is the first step to recovery :thumbsup:

I'll admit I have a problem with rooting for people who I think are POS just because they are on the Bills. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think there are enough talented players so you don't have to root for crappy human being. Especially when you replace that POS with guys who average more than a half yard more per carry.

But good luck with the Lynch fan club! Gun totin', weed smokin', people hittin' since 2007!!! :thumbsup:

I'll admit I have a problem with rooting for people who I think are POS just because they are on the Bills. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think there are enough talented players so you don't have to root for crappy human being. Especially when you replace that POS with guys who average more than a half yard more per carry.

But good luck with the Lynch fan club! Gun totin', weed smokin', people hittin' since 2007!!! :thumbsup:

True dat!

To err is human to forgive is divine :thumbsup: How long do you condemn someone for the mistakes they have made in life? For "haters" this is forever! Keep the hate alive! Only your vigilance will help people remember his mistakes forever.

Edited by PDaDdy

I doubt the two contracts have anything at all to do with each other. Lynch is 25 and Fred is on the wrong side of 30. Every year that Lynch has been the starting RB he has 1000+ yards rushing and has been to the probowl twice in 5 years. Last year after acclimating to a new team and system he had 13 total TDs in addition to another 1000+ yard season.

I understand that people hate him for his off field crap that he is now 3 years past but how people can doubt his on field performance and him keeping his nose clean is just sour grapes whiney talk. Yet another example of how me made a hole for ourselves by dogging a good player and then using our resources, a #1 draft pick, to replace him.

Good job Bills fans! Who do we run out of town next?

I've always liked Lynch and am happy he is doing well, but I understand why the Bills did what they did. Can you honestly sit there and say "we" ran him out of town? He ran himself out of town.

...and now that stevie is signed, i am sure you are going to give credit where credit is due,right? damn, first Kyle Williams, then Fitzpatrick, now stevie. looks like we are starting to keep guys around. Maybe this new front office is going in the right direction?

okay okay..so we gave up on a stud running back and used a first round draft choice to sign CJ...but look...we got a fourth round pick!!!!

Yep, he was so "stud" that all anyone was willing to give up was a pair of mid-to-late round picks.

It was best for all involved for him to move on. Again, it's too bad he didn't mature while he was in Buffalo. But that's not the Bills' fault.

HhahHAahAHHAha. It's this type of bipolar thinking that is a problem in this country. If you don't hate him you MUST love him and belong to a fan club. LOL....You're killin' me.

How about the middle ground of he was a human being from a bad neighborhood and background that made some mistakes, paid for them in terms of football and appropriate legal action and has moved on with his life and continues to be successful on the field? Nah...I must want him to be the best man at my wedding.

Funny dude. Your every sentence drips with seething hate. Is there something else we should know about that is causing this much anger about a freakin' football player? Hrm......

I've always liked Lynch and am happy he is doing well, but I understand why the Bills did what they did. Can you honestly sit there and say "we" ran him out of town? He ran himself out of town.

...and now that stevie is signed, i am sure you are going to give credit where credit is due,right? damn, first Kyle Williams, then Fitzpatrick, now stevie. looks like we are starting to keep guys around. Maybe this new front office is going in the right direction?

I'm not sure what you are alleging I am or am not going to do but great job signing SJ. We kept talent instead of letting it go. We are on the road to recovery. Just as a side note though...what do KW, Fitz and SJ have in common that Lynch, and many others don't? They were all late round picks or free agents? We tend to let the players drafted in the higher rounds go or guys that have developed to play at a probowl level.

I'll admit I have a problem with rooting for people who I think are POS just because they are on the Bills.

That's fair enough. But are you consistent with it is a fair question too I think. For example:

Bruce Smith for drunken driving.

Corey McIntyre for masturbating outside some womans house (award for the strangest one :) ).

Paul Hubbard for DUI.

Thurman Thomas for pot possession.

Jim Kelly for assault.

OJ (do I even have to say any more?)

To name a few. There are people that think all of these behaviors would make the person a POS.

I tend to separate on field and off field. But that's just me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

HhahHAahAHHAha. It's this type of bipolar thinking that is a problem in this country. If you don't hate him you MUST love him and belong to a fan club. LOL....You're killin' me.

How about the middle ground of he was a human being from a bad neighborhood and background that made some mistakes, paid for them in terms of football and appropriate legal action and has moved on with his life and continues to be successful on the field? Nah...I must want him to be the best man at my wedding.

Funny dude. Your every sentence drips with seething hate. Is there something else we should know about that is causing this much anger about a freakin' football player? Hrm......

I'm not sure what you are alleging I am or am not going to do but great job signing SJ. We kept talent instead of letting it go. We are on the road to recovery. Just as a side note though...what do KW, Fitz and SJ have in common that Lynch, and many others don't? They were all late round picks or free agents? We tend to let the players drafted in the higher rounds go or guys that have developed to play at a probowl level.

Infer whatever you want. My opening post states that I hope he grows up because I did like watching him play. I get that your MO is starting internet fights with people that disagree with you. And for the record, I know a lot of firsthand stuff of shady Lynch stuff that never made it to the press.

But if he truly did grew up, good for him. I'd still take Fred Jackson over him. And Spiller looks to be a breakaway threat we haven't had in years. If there's anything I HATE, it's people blaming the Bills for Lynch's actions instead of Marshawn himself. It's that make excuses for people (he comes from a bad neighborhood BS) that makes everyone play the victim. Grew up and take accountability for your actions.

I doubt the two contracts have anything at all to do with each other. Lynch is 25 and Fred is on the wrong side of 30. Every year that Lynch has been the starting RB he has 1000+ yards rushing and has been to the probowl twice in 5 years. Last year after acclimating to a new team and system he had 13 total TDs in addition to another 1000+ yard season.

I understand that people hate him for his off field crap that he is now 3 years past but how people can doubt his on field performance and him keeping his nose clean is just sour grapes whiney talk. Yet another example of how me made a hole for ourselves by dogging a good player and then using our resources, a #1 draft pick, to replace him.

Good job Bills fans! Who do we run out of town next?

With Jackson on the roster he was a luxury we didn't need. And CJ isn't so much his replacement as he is a different kind of back that Chan wanted.Even if we hadn't traded him there's no guarantee he'd have resigned & this way at least we got Hairston for him instead of nothing.

Corey McIntyre for masturbating outside some womans house (award for the strangest one :) ).

WTF? The Corey McIntyre incident was a case of mistaken identity & somehow I think you know that. It's pretty lame of you to try to perpetuate that rumor.