You guys have it all wrong

Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU. And like Buddy said, the draft is deep at DE. We will get a quality pass rusher in the second round. In the third round, that is where they finally get a tackle.

OK, maybe not, but we will not be reaching for a tackle in round one. This team went 1-1 with one of the Superbowl teams last year and nearly beat the other. The Bills will not be reaching for any player in the draft. They'll just continue to build by getting value at every pick. Once we finally kill the injury bug....look out. We might get a top rated WR if one falls in our laps. It's all about value.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU. And like Buddy said, the draft is deep at DE. We will get a quality pass rusher in the second round. In the third round, that is where they finally get a tackle.

OK, maybe not, but we will not be reaching for a tackle in round one. This team went 1-1 with one of the Superbowl teams last year and nearly beat the other. The Bills will not be reaching for any player in the draft. They'll just continue to build by getting value at every pick. Once we finally kill the injury bug....look out. We might get a top rated WR if one falls in our laps. It's all about value.

you got it all wrong, Claiborne will be gone by 10.

Kalif, Reiff, and Martin are all top ten worthy selections. Selecting any one of them would not be a reach by any stretch. But I would not be surprised and quite happy if Buffalo's selection is Michael Floyd, the WR from ND and, I think, the best WR in this draft.

I agree that Buffalo will take the BPA if that player is at a position that is of relative need - Tackle, DE, LB, CB, QB, WR - and, I think it is Buddy's philosophy that you don't reach, rather, you take the BPA at positions of need, and, you weigh the tape much more than the combine.

As other people here have posted - Buddy will build a team well through the draft given enough time.

One thing only that bothers me about Nix - and this is contingent on what happens with guys like Troupe and Carrington - you don't build a team through the draft if you switch systems two years into a regime, especially after going heavy on that side. Carrington and Troupe - the guys he's invested so much in over the last few years, have to have a place in Wannstedt's new system. I hope they do, too, because I think they have talent and potential, and I'd like to see a Big 4-3, especially on the line.

Have you seen any mocks lately? Have you seen one with Claiborne out of the top 10?...he won't be there...

99% of the mocks I've seen have Claiborne going to Tampa at five but their was one that went 1. Luck 2. RG3 Clev 3.Kalil 4.Blackmon STL 5. Richardson 6. Tannehill 7. Brockers 8. Poe 9. Coples 10.Claiborne

Why stop a losing trend, right?

Kalif, Reiff, and Martin are all top ten worthy selections. Selecting any one of them would not be a reach by any stretch. But I would not be surprised and quite happy if Buffalo's selection is Michael Floyd, the WR from ND and, I think, the best WR in this draft.

I wouldn't mind that either.

I've always been a fan who's predisposed to drafting big players early.

However if Claiborne is as good as most people are saying he is, then he might be the best player available (even by a wide margin) when the #10 pick comes up.

If that is the case, I would accept his selection and hope that he was the next Asomugha/Revis.

I kinda hope he gets drafted before us though.

I wouldn't mind that either.

I wouldn't mind that also as Claiborne will likely be gone.

Day 1 starter, 6'3 224 and just ran a 4.47 40 with obvious play making ability. I am biased as I am a ND fan but there is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be a very good pro. I know the Bills need help with the pass rush but selecting Floyd would be a good move. Johnson, Floyd, Jackson, Spiller, Chandler and now very good batch of 3th and 4th recievers gives the Bills a nice complement of skill players. Spend the rest of the draft on D players and Oline depth.

PS- Could be good leverage in the Johnson negotiations and I am assuming that Jackson is resigned.