For Those of You Locals With Nothing to do Next Wednesday

Chef Jim

One of the alltime great music venues in syracuse...i imagine it gets more of the punk and metal bands that i wouldnt be familiar with...but in the day i saw the hooters, modern english, beat farmers and dead milkmen, to name a few.

I keep thinking I should check out the local club near me, The Lost Horizon, since it's walking distance. But when I look at who's playing, I usually don't recongnize any names. Thoughts?

I keep thinking I should check out the local club near me, The Lost Horizon, since it's walking distance. But when I look at who's playing, I usually don't recongnize any names. Thoughts?

Many times you won't at those small venues. But keep an eye on the listings, you never know. When moe came to SF a couple of weeks ago they played the Independent. They usually play the Fillmore. We walked in and I couldn't believe the size of the place. I mentioned to my wife the band I was in when I was 15 played bigger venues than this. But there the best part about small venues. The bar is right there. This place was a stage at one end, the bar at the other. Almost like seeing a top band in a friend's cellar.

Whoever filmed this paned the room so you could see how small it was.

you filthy hippie

Oh when it comes to music I'm a major filthy hippie. And that's where it ends. :D