Coples is a bum

Don't look to draft Coples :thumbsup:

"Coples, 6-foot-5 and 280 pounds, had 10 sacks in 2010 but was not consistent in 2011 and finished with 7.5 sacks. His physical skills may get him picked in the top nine.

"How consistent and how productive can he be? You just don't know," Nix said. "It's part of what makes this a hard business. The guy if he plays up to his potential, he'll be a great player for a long time. If he doesn't he's another big bust. ... He's got great talent. The knock on Quinton is how hard he plays all the time."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article740721.ece?twobillsdrive"

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Jeez, if Mayock states after watching tape the guy played like a 3round pick this last year I gotta question the player. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane...scout speak

My only thought is to talk to the kid and see if there was some underlying problem like a nagging injury or family or girl trouble which can screw up a young man. If indeed there was a problem of some sort, then that deserves some consideration.

DE baby, Reggie White is back

19 reps at 225. He couldn't push an NFL RB out of the way. Chan and Buddy want guys ith a "body of work". This is the antithesis of Brockers who is a 3rd year sophomore with a limited resume. It's going to be an offensive tackle (maybe a pass rusher). If you think about it, you'll change your pick.

Edited by JPS

19 reps at 225. He couldn't push an NFL RB out of the way. Chan and Buddy want guys ith a "body of work". This is the antithesis of Brockers who is a 3rd year sophomore with a limited resume. It's going to be an offensive tackle (maybe a pass rusher). If you think about it, you'll change your pick.

That's why he's the consensus #1 DT in a large class of good DTs.

You guys that are high on Mercilus and Coples don't pay attention to what Nix has already told you what he's going to do with that first round pick based on the Spiller and Dareus picks.

Draftniks are drowning in data and stats and not paying attention to the tendencies of the man doing the drafting. Nix doesn't draft one year wonders or guys out of creampuff conferences.

He's going to pick a player from a southern conference with a demonstrated track record of productive years with no off the field issues. He wants a player that's played against competition that best mirrors NFL competition. He wants a player that's produced for more than a year. He wants one that works hard and stays out of trouble.

Both Mercilus and Coples fail that basic litmus test in one way or another.

Don't look to draft Coples :thumbsup:

"Coples, 6-foot-5 and 280 pounds, had 10 sacks in 2010 but was not consistent in 2011 and finished with 7.5 sacks. His physical skills may get him picked in the top nine.

"How consistent and how productive can he be? You just don't know," Nix said. "It's part of what makes this a hard business. The guy if he plays up to his potential, he'll be a great player for a long time. If he doesn't he's another big bust. ... He's got great talent. The knock on Quinton is how hard he plays all the time."

Interesting thing about the Coples/Peppers comparisons - wasn't Peppers a near-bust early in his career?

Even if we get a guy who can become the next Julius Peppers, do we want one who's going to take 3+ years to get there?

Agree as has been stated - Nix hates 1-year wonders. Makes the OT's and/or maybe Courtney Upshaw look more likely?

Also - did you see the NLFN guys raving about WR Hill from GT with his 6'4" height and 4.36 speed? Gotta wonder if Gailey's going to reach a little to get him - maybe in the 3rd. Mayock thinks he's going to be somebody's late draft steal.

Ingram and Andre Branch are blowing up combine. Coples looks okay. Andre Branch was sub 4.6 with an explosive 1st step. Don't know anything about the guy yet. Looks quick.

Height / Weight:

6-5 / 260

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27557/andre-branch

Pass Rush Skills 3 Can be a quarter-count late off the ball. First-step quickness is adequate but not good. Lacks explosive burst around the corner and is a one-gear pass rusher. Shows good upper body power and the ability to use his hands effectively. Flashes an effective club move but doesn't use it frequently enough and needs to improve his array of counter moves once reached. Shows good awareness as a pass rusher. Realizes when he's not getting pressure on the QB and does a good job of getting his arms up for PBUs or to affect QBs sightline.

Versus the run 2 Consistently executes his assignment and does a nice job with outside contain. Plays under control. Shows good leverage out of stance. Is stronger than measurable would indicate. Is consistently able to lock on and anchor versus bigger OTs. Does an adequate job of disengaging but can continue to improve hand usage. Makes some difficult tackles while disengaging from blocks. Good effort

Gauged the eye of a Florida State offensive lineman David Spurlock during 2010 contest. No off the field issues to our knowledge.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/02/27/dl-branch-ingram-post-good-40s/

He models his game after Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. "I'm a versatile player. I can stand up, I can run sideline to sideline and I can also drop into coverage. And I'm a natural born leader," said Branch

He's a projected first- or second-round pick

I figured I'd put this up before some delta bravo tells you to google him. :thumbsup:

Height / Weight:

6-5 / 260

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27557/andre-branch

Pass Rush Skills 3 Can be a quarter-count late off the ball. First-step quickness is adequate but not good. Lacks explosive burst around the corner and is a one-gear pass rusher. Shows good upper body power and the ability to use his hands effectively. Flashes an effective club move but doesn't use it frequently enough and needs to improve his array of counter moves once reached. Shows good awareness as a pass rusher. Realizes when he's not getting pressure on the QB and does a good job of getting his arms up for PBUs or to affect QBs sightline.

Versus the run 2 Consistently executes his assignment and does a nice job with outside contain. Plays under control. Shows good leverage out of stance. Is stronger than measurable would indicate. Is consistently able to lock on and anchor versus bigger OTs. Does an adequate job of disengaging but can continue to improve hand usage. Makes some difficult tackles while disengaging from blocks. Good effort

Gauged the eye of a Florida State offensive lineman David Spurlock during 2010 contest. No off the field issues to our knowledge.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/02/27/dl-branch-ingram-post-good-40s/

He models his game after Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. "I'm a versatile player. I can stand up, I can run sideline to sideline and I can also drop into coverage. And I'm a natural born leader," said Branch

He's a projected first- or second-round pick

I figured I'd put this up before some delta bravo tells you to google him. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. Great info. Funny thing about explosion. He had one of the most exlposive 1st 10 yards at the combine. Maybe it doesn't traslate.

He'll get stronger and I have changed my first pick a dozen times already :D

exactly :)

:worthy:

That's why he's the consensus #1 DT in a large class of good DTs.

:worthy:

Your DE just ran a 5.37. Reggie White ran about a 4.7 and could bench press a bus. Brockers may be great, but he will not be a Bill.

Maybe we can put Poe at End with his 4.87 :D

I see Coples probably dropping into the second round, or late 1st.. He's not impressing anyone at the combine that's for sure, and I see Mayock (As I am now myself remember I made a threa that we should pick him at 10 if he's there) wilting on him as well.. I dunnno, I am liking a lot of guys I didn't earlier after the first three days at the combine.. At this point I have no idea what the Bills are going to do. Maybe FA helps that out a bit?

Tim-

Thank you very much. Great info. Funny thing about explosion. He had one of the most exlposive 1st 10 yards at the combine. Maybe it doesn't traslate.

Walter Football has had him mocked to the Bills for a couple of drafts now... in the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind that.

It also would keep alive Buddy's streak of players from the national powerhouse program that is.... CLEMSON!

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate and less deceptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.