Gentlemen, start your engines!

Just Jack

Maybe this is smy poor perception and I know the big fire last night took a lot out of it, but it looks like this is NASCAR now...

Start Race.

Run three laps

CRASH!

Caution for twenty minutes

Run 10 laps

CRASH

Run 15 laps

CRASH

Caution for 45 minutes

Rinse, repeat, repeat.

Am I right? It just seems like they cant keep these cars on the track for any extended period. And by 'extended period' I mean.....more than ten minutes.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there appears to be some significant changes this year and it seems there will be a learning curve...something about the new engine cooling systems are causing new strategies in racing. Also there seems to be an issue with pushing drivers, perhaps the above is part of this...see what happens in phoenix and beyond to see how the racing is...and this is coming from a less than casual fan...i can't believe i am actually trying to explain this...i don't even understand it :unsure:

Maybe this is smy poor perception and I know the big fire last night took a lot out of it, but it looks like this is NASCAR now...

Start Race.

Run three laps

CRASH!

Run 10 laps

CRASH

Run 15 laps

CRASH

Caution for 45 minutes

Rinse, repeat, repeat.

Am I right? It just seems like they cant keep these cars on the track for any extended period. And by 'extended period' I mean.....more than ten minutes.

Thanks, Poojer.

I WANT to like NASCAR becuase I love auto racing. But the constant stops are too much.

Im an NHRA fan and there are lots of stops for track prep, blown engines and track oildowns, but the stops are much shorter and often races can go on for long periods of time without an issue.

It seems like a NASCAR race, especially the fast ones, there are long stops every ten minutes.

First. This is the first full race with electronic fuel injection instead of a carberator.

Second. NASCAR changed the amount of air going into the front of the car so that a car couldn't stay on another cars bumper for long without overheating. Last year there were a lot of two car tandems, with this new rule it caused big pack racing. When you get 30+ cars within a second and a half of eachother one mistake could be disastrous.

Thanks, Poojer.

I WANT to like NASCAR becuase I love auto racing. But the constant stops are too much.

Im an NHRA fan and there are lots of stops for track prep, blown engines and track oildowns, but the stops are much shorter and often races can go on for long periods of time without an issue.

It seems like a NASCAR race, especially the fast ones, there are long stops every ten minutes.

Along with the changes drivers are ajdusting to, the "fast ones" meaning Daytona and Talledega feature pack racing. So when 1 car goes, a bunch go and there's a long delay to clean up. At the 1.5 mile tracks, the cars spread out much more and there's less of the threat of "the big one."

she wasn't the only one questioning what sadler was doing....i've heard a number of drivers complaining about it...in fact, i believe sadler even apologized via his radio...he clearly made a boneheaded move

I heard her on her in car radio while being pushed off " What the $%@& was he doing out there?" Classy.

I heard her on her in car radio while being pushed off " What the $%@& was he doing out there?" Classy.

I'm sure she wasn't the only one saying that over the radio.

I don't remember who it was who lost a wheel on pit road, but there must have been a hell of a lot of profanity when that happened.

NASCAR driver’s car helps solve cold hit-and-run case

Nearly four years ago, a pretty 20-year-old college student was walking to her suburban Chicago home after a night out with friends only to be killed by a hit-and-run driver. Since then, the family of Melissa Lech–a striking young woman with a stunning smile–has desperately sought to find out who struck her on a dark road and left her to die. They pooled resources with others in the community to offer a $25,000 reward. Last summer, NASCAR driver Kevin Conway put Melissa’s picture on his car to enlist the public’s help in finding her killer. All seemed in vain.

Until Sunday.

You prepare all off season for Daytona and then have your race essentially end after a single lap because some tool box got into someone else in a manner that's been wrecking everyone for the entire week. I'm sure, given your posting history, that you'd be super classy. <_<

Love the overt sexism. Very classy.

You prepare all off season for Daytona and then have your race essentially end after a single lap because some tool box got into someone else in a manner that's been wrecking everyone for the entire week. I'm sure, given your posting history, that you'd be super classy. <_<

Love the overt sexism. Very classy.

Yeah. I've heard Juniors in car audio during one of the Infineon races and boy does that guy cuss! What Danica said was no worse than any of the other 42 drivers out there.

i didn't think drivers were allowed to dip below those lines....this is the second week where i have noticed that they go completely over the lines...am i mistaken on the rules?

That was a hell of a pass by Stewart on Keselowski. Three wide after the restart! Thats the old Tony Stewart making a comeback.

i didn't think drivers were allowed to dip below those lines....this is the second week where i have noticed that they go completely over the lines...am i mistaken on the rules?

You can't pass a car below a double yellow. Mainly at tracks like Daytona or Tallega. If there's just a single white line at the bottom, it's fair game to cross and pass.