Johnny Lamar CB Florida

Jerel Myers WR LSU

Jason Peters TE Arkansas

David Porter OT Iowa

Lawrence Richardson CB Arkansas

Richard Seals OL Utah

Mike Shafer K Syracuse

Darryl Towns LB Nevada

The Bills now have 68 players on their roster, including three NFL Europe exemptions. NFL rosters must be reduced to 53 players by Sunday, September 5.

Buffalobills.com

08/31/2004 12:15 PM

Orchard Park, NY - The Buffalo Bills have waived the following 11 players:

Kevin Beard WR Miami

Antonio Brown WR/KR West Virginia

Mark Graham S Buffalo

Johnny Lamar CB Florida

Jerel Myers WR LSU

Jason Peters TE Arkansas

David Porter OT Iowa

Lawrence Richardson CB Arkansas

Richard Seals OL Utah

Mike Shafer K Syracuse

Darryl Towns LB Nevada

The Bills now have 68 players on their roster, including three NFL Europe exemptions. NFL rosters must be reduced to 53 players by Sunday, September 5.

12988[/snapback]

No surprises in that bunch.

I don't understand cutting Jason peters and keeping Rod Trafford.

Both players were marginal and now Peters has a shot of landing on another teams roster, when if released on September 5th, probably could have been brought back on the practice squad.

I think this was a bad move.

Both players were marginal and now Peters has a shot of landing on another teams roster, when if released on September 5th, probably could have been brought back on the practice squad.

13019[/snapback]

well it's really quite simple. trafford has out performed peters in all areas whether it's blocking, catching a pass or if i remember right peters wonderlic score wasn't very high so trafford probably has an easier time remembering the plays and schemes of the offense. to bad though.

For the love of Christ, could someone please explain to me why Jason Esposito is still on our roster???

13020[/snapback]

There is still one more preseason game and they need a few OL scrubs to play the 4th quarter. They have one 3rd string G and T left (Esposito and McFarland)

I am surprised that Haddad survived, yet Myers and Beard were let go. Haddad has seen very little action in the pre-season games. Maybe because of the film they have on Haddad, they already know what he is capable of versus the rookies who have never been in the NFL.

13019[/snapback]

You're right. What were our coaches and GM thinking? Can't they see real talent when it's right in front of them?

:angry:

Buckeye Eric Posted Today, 11:27 AM

QUOTE(clayboy54 @ Aug 31 2004, 11:22 AM)

For the love of Christ, could someone please explain to me why Jason Esposito is still on our roster???

There is still one more preseason game and they need a few OL scrubs to play the 4th quarter. They have one 3rd string G and T left (Esposito and McFarland)

Esposito is one of the three NFL Europe exemption players. Look for him to be released next week.

The bills cut koontz ( sp ? ) already and I would not be surprised to see him on the PS , also Peters. Cutting them now doesn't mean they won't be available for the PS. Sometimes it is a strategy move because teams are less likely to try and grab an early cut that the last minute ones. Not saying that is the case here just a possibility. :angry:

Not really.  Brown is just another track athlete who is unable to do anything but run fast in a straight line.  He's not a football player.

13374[/snapback]

In the likes of Renaldo Nehemiah of the 49ers in years past. Super fast, but did absolutely nothing else.

No surprises on the list. I don't know why everyone is in love with Peters.