Take the Wonderlic

section122

We see every year players do well and others do poorly on the wonderlic. I thought it would be fun to post a link and see where people fell on the score. It's a fun little experiment that may or may not put a little perspective into how you feel about players scores. The instruction are on the page as well as a link to the answers and how to score it.

I got 10 out of 12 in the 5 minutes. I didnt have time to figure out one of the word problems and got the one I did work out wrong (numbers 9 and 10). So I ended up with a 41 out of 50. Take it post your scores, compare, and enjoy!

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 11 out of 12 in about 10 minutes.

This test cant be right, it was way too easy. Any high school student planning on taking the SAT should be able to get a 50.

Its a 5 minute time limit. Getting the right answers isnt neccesarily the hard part its doing it in the time alloted.

I can see why Fitz scored so high. Not exactly rocket science. Only ones that required thought were 9 and 10. Question 8 is exactly the type I am helping my fifth grader do for his homework now :)

That being said I did miss one in the 5 minutes, number 9 for a score of 46. :wallbash:

Marino 16 and Mcnabb 14 huh. I guess you don't need to have a brain to be a good QB after all.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I can see why Fitz scored so high. Not exactly rocket science. Only ones that required thought were 9 and 10. Question 8 is exactly the type I am helping my fifth grader do for his homework now :)

That being said I did miss one in the 5 minutes, number 9 for a score of 46. :wallbash:

Marino 16 and Mcnabb 14 huh. I guess you don't need to have a brain to be a good QB after all.

3 minutes number 9 wrong too lol :wallbash: . This is way easier than I thought it would be.

This test cant be right, it was way too easy. Any high school student planning on taking the SAT should be able to get a 50.

Sure, most high school kids are really smart and can answer word problems involving math. I respectfully disagree. These questions are "easy" for many of us and easier than many SAT questions. However, that does not mean "any high school kids planning on taking the SAT should be able to get a 50 [perfect score]"

shouldve taken your extra 2 minutes :nana::flirt:0:)

ive taken an official (50 questions in 12(?) minutes) as a first day of class time filler activity before. totally unprepared, not serious about it and gotten mid 40s.

they say that 20 equates to about a 100 iq which is about average intelligence.

it really does make you wonder how a guy like CJ scored so low, with months to prep, and knowing that its part (albeit not a huge part) of his biggest interview of his life.... while being an honors student, early graduate etc... that comes across as more than just funneling a kid through to give him so many forms of recognition. my best guess is some sort of learning disability --- not to start a rumor or anything. just thinking outloud.

Not sure why the time allotted per question is so much greater on this sample test than the ones the actual players take.

The sample quiz is 12 questions at 5 minutes (300 seconds) or 25 seconds allotted for each answer

Player test is 50 questions at 12 minutes (720 seconds) or 14.4 seconds per answer

This sample test of 12 questions should allow only 3 minutes time to be more similar to the NFL prospect test.

i got 11 of 12.....

i call bullchit on the one i missed....lol

Question #4 - should be closer to answer #3.

Same here. #4 was just a bad question...are you comparing verbs (in which case they may be similar) or nouns (in which case they can be completely different)?

I did it in about three minutes.

Time is the challenge not finding the answer.

THIS.

it seems to me that the time constraints help measure confidence and decisiveness just as much as the content of the questions measure intelligence.

it really is more akin to playing jeopardy than taking the SAT or an IQ test. scoring well not only shows you know your stuff, but that you are confident in your ability to get it right and move on.

perhaps it says something about being cool under pressure, too, but i remain unconvinced that the wonderlic by itself is all that valuable as an indicator of football success.

i got 11 of 12.....

i call bullchit on the one i missed....lol

Question #4 - should be closer to answer #3.

I got 10 of 12 in 5 minutes, I skipped number 9 and I thought the exact same thing about question 4 lol...

I call bullchit on this whole test. I'm a naturally good test taker (doesn't mean I'm smart), but I don't see how any non retarded person could get less than half of the answers right. How did guys like Vince Young even graduate high school, if this was really similar to his test, and he scored a 7... out of 50.

I also don't see this as having any strong correlation to success on the field.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Not sure why the time allotted per question is so much greater on this sample test than the ones the actual players take.

The sample quiz is 12 questions at 5 minutes (300 seconds) or 25 seconds allotted for each answer

Player test is 50 questions at 12 minutes (720 seconds) or 14.4 seconds per answer

This sample test of 12 questions should allow only 3 minutes time to be more similar to the NFL prospect test.

i assume on the actual test, there are a lot more of the easier rapid fire ?s that should take 2 or 3 seconds or not much more.

on the sample - i would say 9 of the 12 questions take only a few seconds apiece. 3 of them took a little more time each to read and do the math. you've got 75% of ?s taking at most about 25%% of your time in the sample.

that ratio is probably the same for the actual test. what i'm saying is you get less time extrapolated because there's more easy questions. i think the total time is adjusted as such. they aren't measuring time per ? equally.

How can some of you disagree that the words preserve and reserve are similar in meaning?

And half of the test was math problems. I can definitley see why allowing only 25 seconds per problem would cause a lot of people difficulty. It's not what most of these guys do on a regular basis. I'm sure it would take most of us longer to memorized a playbook than your average player too.