J. Finley 15mil over 2yrs...

Dragonborn10

If Finley is worth $7.5 mil per then Stevie has to be worth 8-10 for this team. I'm not saying some other team will pay Stevie 8-10 but he is the true and only #1 on this team. The only guy I would pay more for is Vincent Jackson. Bowe, Garcon, the two in New Orleans are in the same conversation as Stevie and we might as well stick with what we know.

BTW Nix deserves some props for the McGee restructure

Edited by Dadonkadonk

Chandler is worth 3-4 M per season.

i mentiuoned Chandler becasue the Raiders signed a TE (I forgot his name), primarily a blocker, to a $4M/year contract. Chandler will probably ask for more than that. The question is, how much more?

I just hope Chandler does not get delusions of grandeur when he sees these numbers...

One thing that Chandler must not forget because other NFL teams surely won't is that Chandler had zero catches in 2+ years in the league before he came to Buffalo. A guy like Kevin Boss got 4 million a year and he was a consistent player since his rookie year with the NYG.

I think most people are going to be surprised at what Johnson can and will get. I think the consensus among Bills fans is he’ll get somewhere around 7-7.5 mil per year. I believe he’ll get 9.5 million or more and from Buffalo. I could see him getting a 6 year deal for $58 million with $21 million guaranteed. If I’m right, do you still want him at that price Bills fans?

I just hope Chandler does not get delusions of grandeur when he sees these numbers...

Amen that was exactly my first thought when i read this . Stevie already has an outline by what the WR are getting paid , if this jacks up the price of TE's it will just give Chandler more ammo for him to go to Buddy with ... :wallbash:

If Finley is worth $7.5 mil per then Stevie has to be worth 8-10 for this team. I'm not saying some other team will pay Stevie 8-10 but he is the true and only #1 on this team. The only guy I would pay more for is Vincent Jackson. Bowe, Garcon, the two in New Orleans are in the same conversation as Stevie and we might as well stick with what we know.

The fact that it is only a two year contract makes it a bargain from the Pack perspective. Would I give Stevie Johnson $10M per for two seasons? Absolutely. For 7 years? No. Will it take $10M, I don't think so but if that's the market and you have a timetable for winning then so be it.

Chandler is worth 3-4 M per season.

I would say more like 3 years $8M. And that might be a little rich. Lumbering TE's don't bring big bucks. As noted, a much more impressive player in Kevin Boss only got a $4M deal. That is if the Bills are interested in retaining him at anything above minimum. My guess is Chan thinks he can get just as much out of Lee Smith.

If Finley is worth $7.5 mil per then Stevie has to be worth 8-10 for this team.

That's both amusing and ridiculous. Finley's a TE and has a higher yds./catch avg. than a wide receiver. Finley played on a team that had 4 or 5 viable target options for their QB and still managed to snatch over 50 balls. Johnson was basically was perhaps 1 of 3 viable targets Fitz had... and when Fred and Chandler went down, he was the only target. Finley does his deeds on a team that lost only one regular season game. Johnson did his deeds (and misdeeds) on a team that lost 10 times as many games as did Finley's team.

Johnson is a good possession receiver. Not a very good one, not an excellent one, not an outstanding one. As possession receivers, right now the gold standard in the NFL is Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, and Dwayne Bowe. I'd take any of those guys before I'd even sniff Johnson. Bowe and Fitzgerald did it with 3 different QBs this past season and Colston did it playing in 14 games this season and injured a lot of the time.

A lot of Bills fans over value Johnson. Not by a little, by a lot.

If I were the Bills GM I'd make an off of 6 - 6.5M. Take it or leave. No team worth a schitt is gonna pay him more.

That's both amusing and ridiculous. Finley's a TE and has a higher yds./catch avg. than a wide receiver. Finley played on a team that had 4 or 5 viable target options for their QB and still managed to snatch over 50 balls. Johnson was basically was perhaps 1 of 3 viable targets Fitz had... and when Fred and Chandler went down, he was the only target. Finley does his deeds on a team that lost only one regular season game. Johnson did his deeds (and misdeeds) on a team that lost 10 times as many games as did Finley's team.

Johnson is a good possession receiver. Not a very good one, not an excellent one, not an outstanding one. As possession receivers, right now the gold standard in the NFL is Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, and Dwayne Bowe. I'd take any of those guys before I'd even sniff Johnson. Bowe and Fitzgerald did it with 3 different QBs this past season and Colston did it playing in 14 games this season and injured a lot of the time.

A lot of Bills fans over value Johnson. Not by a little, by a lot.

If I were the Bills GM I'd make an off of 6 - 6.5M. Take it or leave. No team worth a schitt is gonna pay him more.

This is the most ridiculous post in a while. You're delusional if you think Stevie's value with the Bills or any other team is 6-6.5, no more like crazy. I can understand not wanting to sign Stevie for 9-10 mil, but your statements about his value are bizarre.

Edited by Triple Threat

The fact that it is only a two year contract makes it a bargain from the Pack perspective. Would I give Stevie Johnson $10M per for two seasons? Absolutely. For 7 years? No. Will it take $10M, I don't think so but if that's the market and you have a timetable for winning then so be it.

I would say more like 3 years $8M. And that might be a little rich. Lumbering TE's don't bring big bucks. As noted, a much more impressive player in Kevin Boss only got a $4M deal. That is if the Bills are interested in retaining him at anything above minimum. My guess is Chan thinks he can get just as much out of Lee Smith.

Incorrect. In 2 years the cap will sky rocket and he will be a huge dollar FA. If you can lock guys at today's salaries long term its urgent to do.

Just because he is the #1 on a Bad Bills team, it doesn't make him a #1 in the NFL. He is a #2 and that is most likely what the Bills are offering. I would also put in fines out the ass for him doing stupid ****.

This is the most ridiculous post in a while. You're delusional if you think Stevie's value with the Bills or any other team is 6-6.5, no more like crazy. I can understand not wanting to sign Stevie for 9-10 mil, but your statements about his value are bizarre.

It shouldn't surprise you. Trooth is probably the biggest irrational SJ hater on this board.