Season Ticket prices will not change this season

Just Jack

I submit Exhibit A: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/bills-wont-play-in-toronto-this-preseason/

So, the schedule hasn't been set as of yet... also, as the article mentions, this was planned 5 years ago, when the deal was made.

Like I said before, my guess is, Rogers would lose less money by not having the game, as opposed to having it.

It'll be interesting when the schedules come out to see if SkyDome is available on either of the dates that the home games end up being on.

-Bill

My reply was more to point out that the pre-season schedule comes out before the regular season schedule. They may not have exact dates yet, but they may know who their opponent will be each week.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skydome has open dates from aug 20 to 29, friday 24, sat.25 Sun 26. Monday 27 CFL game

As Rogers Media President Keith Pelley told The AP, there's a yet-to-be announced event that Rogers has scheduled during that late-August stretch. It was Rogers that offered the game back to the Bills, and Brandon agreed, saying he could turn it into their annual kids day event.

and the big news here, I think is Rogers not looking for more than 1 reg-season game in talks to extend series

jw

Edited by john wawrow

I guess you missed the part where Brandon says, “Our season ticket fan base is the backbone of our franchise" Or the part where Rogers has already paid Ralph for this game! The Bills are double dipping on the backbone of their franchise! Tickets should be free for this game to season ticket holders!

Exactly - what does plunking our money down have to do with the difference between a privilege and a right?

I'd be interested to know how many of those who like this idea or are telling us to shut up actually have season tickets (except for people like PTR who actually had their total price reduced).

From an email moments ago......

The 2012 off-season has officially started and we are eager to kick it off the right way. On behalf of our owner, Mr. Ralph Wilson and the entire Buffalo Bills Organization, we are pleased to announce that Season Ticket Pricing will remain flat for the 2012 season.

"Flat" is an interesting choice of adjective… one that seems an appropriate descriptor for this press release. I'm not often negative but the Bills rarely fail to disappoint in all phases of the game.

IMO, the "scheduling conflict" is an excuse... Think about this:

1: The NFL schedule is a good 2 months away from even being done. Preseason schedule comes even after that.

2: Rogers has already paid for the game. If you paid for something, why would'nt you get what you paid for?

My guess is: Rogers would make more money (or, more accurately, lose less money) by not having the game, as opposed to having it. If they have the game in Toronto, I assume that Rogers would be responsible for paying the parking attendants, ticket takers, concessions staff, ushers, security, etc. If they aren't making anough money on the game and the residuals to pay these people, that means they're losing money.

This tells me that the Toronto Series is done after this year. Rogers obviously isnt making money on it, so, in order for them to want it, the price tag would have to be lower... But, if Ralph doesn't make money off of the deal, there's no reason for him to agree to it, either.

-Bill

Yes, the game was a part of the intial Bills in Toronto package and has been paid for already. I agree that because it's probably a money loser, that the Rogers people were happy to offer the date back to the Bills.

But as BBB pointed out, it appears that there will be another Bills in Toronto deal.

I couldn't care less what Russ Brandon says or tweets... Until words become action, it means nothing.

BTW, I'm currently working on getting a threeway with Katy Perry and Anna Kourniova... I will provide more information once terms are finalized.

-Bill

I laughed my ass off.

As Rogers Media President Keith Pelley told The AP, there's a yet-to-be announced event that Rogers has scheduled during that late-August stretch. It was Rogers that offered the game back to the Bills, and Brandon agreed, saying he could turn it into their annual kids day event.

and the big news here, I think is Rogers not looking for more than 1 reg-season game in talks to extend series

jw

Good stuff JW and I'm glad to hear it. One regular season game to Toronto is one too many.

Again as I commented above in agreement with BLeonard, all of this I believe is a manifestation of a deal that is at best, marginally beneficial to Rogers.

There's some horse trading going on here and I expect the next deal will look less one-sided than the expiring one.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Preseason comes out before the regular season, examples from just the past two years...

2010 - Preseason released March 31st, Regular season released April 20th

2011 - Preseason released April 12th, Regular season released April 19th

So it's possible they already know the preseason schedule, and are trying to work out a date that works for Rogers. I think the Bills will play at Detroit in week 4.

Yes Detriot on the road in week 4. Kids game at the Ralph week 3. Hopefully first presason game August 10 or 11

Yes Detriot on the road in week 4. Kids game at the Ralph week 3. Hopefully first presason game August 10 or 11

It's a payday for you and PTR made out with the Rockpile deal......Who here is happy to be paying for an extra meaningless game (unless the Bills do the right thing and give sth Kids Day prices or something like that).

It's a payday for you and PTR made out with the Rockpile deal......Who here is happy to be paying for an extra meaningless game (unless the Bills do the right thing and give sth Kids Day prices or something like that).

I actually feel a little guilty. Why should only Rockpile seat owners get a deal? Why not give everyone a blanket $5 reduction?

Then again maybe they read my posts. It pays to be a Bills suck-up :D

PTR

I actually feel a little guilty. Why should only Rockpile seat owners get a deal? Why not give everyone a blanket $5 reduction?

PTR

That was quite a reduction they gave you guys!

PTR

Yeah!

And suddenly I remember you participating in that jersey ceremony… just connecting dots here…

PTR

Yeah!

And suddenly I remember you participating in that jersey ceremony… just connecting dots here…

Meanwhile, they change my ticket rep for the third year in a row, meaning I have to call them up and switch it back to the person I've been dealing with for these past several years. And I've got club seats! I'm gonna have to talk to my good buddy Russ about that.

Tell him he should give season ticket holders a break on that new 2nd game. Why do other people get to pay Kids Day prices.........And, it's double dipping. They already got paid plenty of money for the game by Rogers in Toronto.

I'm apparently one of the few, but it's a totally raw deal in my mind to switch up at this point.

Tell him he should give season ticket holders a break on that new 2nd game. Why do other people get to pay Kids Day prices.........And, it's double dipping. They already got paid plenty of money for the game by Rogers in Toronto.

I'm apparently one of the few, but it's a totally raw deal in my mind to switch up at this point.

couldn't folks make that up by eating an extra dozen or so of those yummy $1 hot dogs?

Is that what they charge on Kids Day?

Yep, this is from the 2009 press release....

In support of the Kids Day, Delaware North Sport Service and Sahlen's Hot Dogs will provide $1.00 hot dogs and $1.00 sodas in select concourse locations. Immediately following the game, the team will also put on a fireworks display.

Well, then I will have to eat a lot of hot dogs. Who am I kidding - I never go to the preseason games.

Haven't seen this posted. Russ Brandon talks about this whole thing with Schoop and the Bulldog. He said this game will be re-packaged into the upcoming Toronto deal. I think Bulldog nails it, though Russ denies it, when he says that it sounds like the Toronto people said "If you want another deal, we don't want this game here this year.":

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/52110750/2-21-bills-ceo-russ-brandon.htm?pageid=28473

Well, then I will have to eat a lot of hot dogs. Who am I kidding - I never go to the preseason games.

Haven't seen this posted. Russ Brandon talks about this whole thing with Schoop and the Bulldog. He said this game will be re-packaged into the upcoming Toronto deal. I think Bulldog nails it, though Russ denies it, when he says that it sounds like the Toronto people said "If you want another deal, we don't want this game here this year.":

http://audio.wgr550....tm?pageid=28473

Didn't see that but that's what I meant earlier about horse trading.

If you read between the lines, it's pretty obvious what's going on with this preseason game.

Ha! As if Bills fans would attend 8 reg season games.

Yep, Bills fans suck. Ralph is just hurting for money because we're unappreciative cheapskates. He's hemmoraging money resigning the best players over this over a decade long playoff drought. I'm sure other fans would stick around. But not Bills fans. They suck, right?

Edited by benderbender