Arrogant Bastard

stevestojan

is a fantastic beer. Bitter as a jaded housewife, and the opposite of every mass produced American beer (which I drink heavily and regularly; I'm no beer snob). This stuff is just good. I've tried to get into wine, but I just can't do it (Mead, look away... now). It's made by Stone brewery which also makes Smoke Porter, which is very true to it's name. But this is the kind of beer that I tried years ago because of the name. But now I just love it. $3-4 a bottle, and worth every penny. Any other gems out there that I'm missing? (And I'm looking for a mass produced brew like this that I can actually find).

Zivio!

is a fantastic beer. Bitter as a jaded housewife, and the opposite of every mass produced American beer (which I drink heavily and regularly; I'm no beer snob). This stuff is just good. I've tried to get into wine, but I just can't do it (Mead, look away... now). It's made by Stone brewery which also makes Smoke Porter, which is very true to it's name. But this is the kind of beer that I tried years ago because of the name. But now I just love it. $3-4 a bottle, and worth every penny. Any other gems out there that I'm missing? (And I'm looking for a mass produced brew like this that I can actually find).

Zivio!

Glad you like it. Drink more, I need the royalty checks.

Zivio!

Do you have TacoMac's there?

Stoj,

There is a Total Wine at Hilltop. Go in, ask for a beer expert at the front counter, tell them you just had a Dc Tom, an y ou would like to try others like it. They will take you to an aisle wih about 300 Singles of all styles and point you in the right direction. Great you try so many beers without buying a six pack.

Also, sign up or their email list..great coupons every month or so.

BTW, ask them if they have some Troegs Nuggett Nectar in yet..my favorite seasonal , actualy my favorite beer..by far. Was suppsed to ship bewteen the 16 th and 23rd...buy as much of that as you can. I m heading to the Total Wine in Richmond today looking for5 to 7 cases if they have it

Edited by plenzmd1

Nugget Nectar hasn't hit yet up here in philly...very soon though....very soon....I did just have a bottle of their perpetual ipa last week...boy that was some tasty stuff.

off the troegs topic for now, last night i had a cigar city jai alai pale ale, up there in my mind with the six point bengali tiger(which is one of my current favorites). Also had the 21st Amendment IPA, also a very good IPA....keep you eyes open for all of them, but run, don't walk when Nectar drops. :beer:

Stoj,

There is a Total Wine at Hilltop. Go in, ask for a beer expert at the front counter, tell them you just had a Dc Tom, an y ou would like to try others like it. They will take you to an aisle wih about 300 Singles of all styles and point you in the right direction. Great you try so many berers without buying a six pack.

Also, sign up or their email list..great coupons every month or so.

BTW, ask them if they have some Troegs Nuggett Nectar in yet..my favorite seasonal , actualy my favorite beer..by far. Was suppsed to ship bewteen the 16 th and 23rd...buy as much of that as you can. I m heading to the Total Wine in Richmond today looking for5 to 7 cases if they have it

Nugget Nectar hasn't hit yet up here in philly...very soon though....very soon....I did just have a bottle of their perpetual ipa last week...boy that was some tasty stuff.

off the troegs topic for now, last night i had a cigar city jai alai pale ale, up there in my mind with the six point bengali tiger(which is one of my current favorites). Also had the 21st Amendment IPA, also a very good IPA....keep you eyes open for all of them, but run, don't walk when Nectar drops. :beer:

Had a couple 21 st Brew Frees last night Pooj...i am partial to cans..BTW Steve, the brew Free IPA in the can great for the beach at Happy Hour while shore casting.

Zivio!

A few off of the top of my head...

Ranger IPA

Titan IPA

2 X IPA

Harpoon IPA

Dogfish Head 60 or 90 minute IPA

So many great beers, so little time... I picked the wrong week to start a diet...

Looks like the Nectar is out tomorrow in Harrisburg and Hershey..and i just happen to be in Hershey for business tomorrow...what are the odds :thumbsup:

Osted in SabreSpace as well..anyone from Richmond want a case let me know..hope fully i should be able to get them

how long in hershey? any chance of getting down to philly at all?

Looks like the Nectar is out tomorrow in Harrisburg and Hershey..and i just happen to be in Hershey for business tomorrow...what are the odds :thumbsup:

Osted in SabreSpace as well..anyone from Richmond want a case let me know..hope fully i should be able to get them

how long in hershey? any chance of getting down to philly at all?

Pooj,

i do a lot of business with Hershey..here quite a bit. The new Troegs brewery is literally right across the street for the Hershey campus..went in today to see if maybe they were selling early, but no luck. They were bottling the Nectar like crazy..have shirts the whole 9 yards etc. They open at 11, my first meeting ends at 12, then off to the brewery. Asked if they had a limit..they were not sure yet.But it will be a Nugget Tuesday when i get back to Richmond around 9 tomorrow.

Drinking the scrath 57 in the room now..bar downstairs i know has a Nugget keg..need to get them to tap early..

Edited by plenzmd1

Well???? Need reports on this years batch. :beer:

the nectar is debuting tonight in philly, they are also gonna have mad elf and scratch on tap at the same bar. I am not gonna go into the city tonight for it, i am gonna wait til it makes its way out to the burbs, hopefully by the weekend.

Pooj,

i do a lot of business with Hershey..here quite a bit. The new Troegs brewery is literally right across the street for the Hershey campus..went in today to see if maybe they were selling early, but no luck. They were bottling the Nectar like crazy..have shirts the whole 9 yards etc. They open at 11, my first meeting ends at 12, then off to the brewery. Asked if they had a limit..they were not sure yet.But it will be a Nugget Tuesday when i get back to Richmond around 9 tomorrow.

Drinking the scrath 57 in the room now..bar downstairs i know has a Nugget keg..need to get them to tap early..

so we are entering the good beer season in philly....walk into my corner pub this evening.....pliny the elder, once again(yawn..... :devil: )

at least 3 bars (Capones in Norristown, Eulogy & Monks in Philly) all have Pliny the Younger getting ready to tap...i was simply hoping to luck upon Nugget Nectar or Hopslam...who know i'd walk into Pliny....

it's good to be a beer geek :beer:

I just had a dogfish head 120 in between 2 pliny the elders and after another pliny the elders and i cant feel my own skin....

That's a lot of alcohol for three beers...plus 120 pretty much sucks.

CAVEAT: I've only had 120 fresh from a bottle and others have said that 120 on tap is much better.

Edited by MattyT

Stoj,

Good to see drinking some nice beers.Don't get stuck on only drinking Stone..lots of great beers out there.

Pooj, i was in Conshohocken(sp) on Thursday night..place called The Boathouse. Nugget , and plenty oters on tap.. Also,great fish and chips.

never had th 120, but will say will take the Nugget ovr Hopslam every day.

Wish I knew...my office is sometimes considered Conshy(sometimes King of Prussia). Surprised the boathaouse had the nectar, they aren't usually a bar that gets the elite beers like that.

the city is all abuzz these next few days as Younger is being tapped in several places and the hype leading up to it on twitter is fun to watch as are the tweets less than an hour later announcing it is kicked. I am hoping to get to khyber in old city on thursday for some Younger

Stoj,

Good to see drinking some nice beers.Don't get stuck on only drinking Stone..lots of great beers out there.

Pooj, i was in Conshohocken(sp) on Thursday night..place called The Boathouse. Nugget , and plenty oters on tap.. Also,great fish and chips.

never had th 120, but will say will take the Nugget ovr Hopslam every day.

That's a lot of alcohol for three beers...plus 120 pretty much sucks.

CAVEAT: I've only had 120 fresh from a bottle and others have said that 120 on tap is much better.

As I was told a while back DFH 60 is great 90 is better but the 120 is what the !@#$ were they thinking???? The 90 is very good but at 9% ABV after four I'm pretty much toast. Reason why I feel like crap today. I just can't bounce back like I uses to.

As I was told a while back DFH 60 is great 90 is better but the 120 is what the !@#$ were they thinking???? The 90 is very good but at 9% ABV after four I'm pretty much toast. Reason why I feel like crap today. I just can't bounce back like I uses to.

Gibberish. Everclear at 199 proof was my drink of choice when I was young.